ADVERTISEMENT

Yahoo Sports Bowl Projections

EssoClub2

Jul 24, 2006
Yahoo Sports Bowl Projection puts you guys in,

Gator Bowl (Dec. 31)
Syracuse vs. South Carolina

thoughts?

I've seen the Gator Bowl mentioned several times but the opponent has always been different.

I'd like the Gator. Even though its "lower" than the Outback I think there is a lot of Outback Bowl fatigue among USC fans. And certainly better than the Belk. Music City would be good too just because of Nashville, but we play there every other year already.
As for the potential Cuse match up, I think that could be interesting.

Yahoo Sports Bowl Projection puts you guys in,

Gator Bowl (Dec. 31)
Syracuse vs. South Carolina

thoughts?

Id love the Gator Bowl. My very first Gamecock game ever was when i was 7 at the 1984 Gator Bowl. Id prefer to play someone other than Syracuse though. Not because I think they beat us but would prefer a big name opponent.

Reactions: margaritavillecock
Id love the Gator Bowl. My very first Gamecock game ever was when i was 7 at the 1984 Gator Bowl. Id prefer to play someone other than Syracuse though. Not because I think they beat us but would prefer a big name opponent.
My first bowl game was '87 Gator Bowl vs LSU. I was 10.

Reactions: Gamecockben1979
Playing a team like Syracuse would be a tough matchup for us. Solid offense against our struggling defense. I’d expect both teams to be motivated but Syracuse would certainly have a chance to complete a solid season.

Has Syracuse ever played a team from SC in the Gator Bowl before? Maybe with McNabb at QB? I can’t remember....

Saturday's game seems far more important than any bowl game at this point.

I'd like the Gator. Even though its "lower" than the Outback I think there is a lot of Outback Bowl fatigue among USC fans. And certainly better than the Belk. Music City would be good too just because of Nashville, but we play there every other year already.
As for the potential Cuse match up, I think that could be interesting.
Honestly, I think the sport is quickly moving past bowl prestige. It feels like the Playoff teams and those that are almost playoff teams and then everybody else. I think our win total matters MUCH more than which bowl we end up in.

Reactions: jonesz21
I'll settle for losses to UTC and Akron for a win over the taters.

No doubt. Wouldn't think twice.

I remember in 2015 I said I'd trade a loss to Citadel for a win over Clemson... Obviously we know how the Citadel game shook out, and in the 4th quarter against Clemson when we got the 2 point conversion to make it 28-25, I thought the football gods were going to honor my proposal.

Playing a team like Syracuse would be a tough matchup for us. Solid offense against our struggling defense. I’d expect both teams to be motivated but Syracuse would certainly have a chance to complete a solid season.

Has Syracuse ever played a team from SC in the Gator Bowl before? Maybe with McNabb at QB? I can’t remember....

That was an epic beat down by McNabb for sure. I think he threw for something like 300 and 3 TDs. Marvin Harrison had like 180 yards receiving on a handful of catches. It was flat out ugly.

Reactions: Carolina4
That was an epic beat down by McNabb for sure. I think he threw for something like 300 and 3 TDs. Marvin Harrison had like 180 yards receiving on a handful of catches. It was flat out ugly.

There was also a chill factor of about 15 degrees it felt like in the upper deck for that game. I thought I would add that tidbit to heighten your enjoyment, I was frozen solid and had no Little Debbie cakes to take my mind off the game.

Jacksonville? Not too far away.

Thats an easy drive from Columbia. Ive been wanting the Gator Bowl game for a long time
Clemson game is. Forget Florida.

Florida game is huge for our bowl game placement and SEC east final ranking for momentum. We need this game. Hate to say this but Clemson is going to slaughter us. It wont be a game. We dont have the players. If we can get this Florida win it could help with our recruiting too

Thats an easy drive from Columbia. Ive been wanting the Gator Bowl game for a long time

Florida game is huge for our bowl game placement and SEC east final ranking for momentum. We need this game. Hate to say this but Clemson is going to slaughter us. It wont be a game. We dont have the players. If we can get this Florida win it could help with our recruiting too
You right. Maybe some day we can get players as good as Syracuse and tx am so we can play with Clemson

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT