ADVERTISEMENT

Yikes..what does it mean for us?

It does seem limited in scope - although, the Level 1 language worries me. Plus, Dozier did not take the money. No allegation of lack of institutional control or head coach involvement.

It SHOULD be a slap on the wrist. I guess we will see. But knowing our history and the NCAA they will make us a sacrificial lamb to show they are doing something.

For all those that clamor for us to go after 5* recruits one and dones, this is what comes with the territory and we are not Duke, UNC or Louisville.

Reactions: Bleedgarnet33
We need to start!! Like I said we have a great law school. We should never be bullied by the NCAA. Look at what NC did, lawyer up and fight them. Use the resources available to the best of our ability!! Go Cocks
Exactly. People also forget that Johnny Manziel lawyered up when the NCAA had him dead to rights in the autograph scandal. He barely got a slap on the wrist.

at the worst we lose a couple of scholarships and not be able to play in the NCAAT which aren't really good enough make anyway for a year or two.

Totally sounds like the actions of one individual acting alone who’s been gone for years and the money mentioned was a joke. I didn’t see anything we should have to worry about. A lot more obvious cheating going on than this the NCAA should be focused on.

C'mon ... whacha guys worried about? All the NCAA has to do is look at our Basketball and football won/lost records over the past few years and it will be obvious that WE DO NOT CHEAT.

Or maybe we'll just get banned from post season play for the next several years.

Last edited:
C'mon ... whacha guys worried about? All the NCAA has to do is look at our Basketball and football won/lost records over the past few years and it will be obvious that WE DO NOT CHEAT.

Or maybe we'll just get banned from post season play for the next several years.
Our football program is already on probation for Lance's text messages.

The only aspect of it that worries me is that we are pretty irrelevant in basketball, which makes us an ideal target for NCAA punishment.

I get it about the inconsistencies in handing out punishment by the NCAA as well as the enormous pressures agents/coaches/players feel to bend the rules in order to win. I also understand fan frustration and desire to win, even some willing to win at all costs. With that said, just because everyone else is doing it is not really a good excuse. As Booker T. Washington said, "A lie doesn't become truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it's accepted by a majority." To throw a rock, then hide your hand or the whole lie, cheat, steal...then lie and deny some more mentality doesn't really sit well with me. I was always taught 'do the crime, do the time.' Next time don't look down on all those looters ramshacking your local dollar general or Walmart after the next flood, after all everyone else is doing it, and the law is helpless in stopping it...

I would prefer that my Alma Mater win through recruiting kids who are actually passionate about being Gamecocks, and then win with superior coaching, development, and infrastructure all while toeing the line within the allotted framework. Ideally the body which has been elected to govern college athletics should stop being a slave to money, grow a pair, and punish these schools equally without turning a blind eye to the so called 'bluebloods.' They are letting big money ruin the sport! (TV contracts dictating who, what, when, where, and how the games are played with no thought of fan convenience, skyrocketing coaching salaries, unsustainable facility arms races, inflated ticket prices/seat licensing which price normal families out of the game, shoe companies/agents throwing money at coaches/players, ncaa choosing costs to enforce rules over integrity, etc...) I'll get off my high horse now :-\

With that said, the parties implicated in this are no longer associated with our program, and I will await the facts before jumping to any conclusions. For me, it's just another blow dulling the luster on college athletics. Stop with the shenanigans, let the 1% of players who believe they are actually good enough go pro straight from high school, or let the leagues start a minor league system which would end any amateurism for the player once the first check is cashed. For the rest of the 99%, make some slight tweaks to the system making it more equitable for the players, and then get back to the what made the college game more enjoyable in the first place.

Last edited:
Reactions: okccock and vacock#
You think this is bad, wait for sports betting....

This will keep NCAA busy try to figure out how they can line their pockets with fines throughout schools the country...

The NCAA folds like a cheap suit when challenged.

Do we have anyone capable of challenging them?
Probably not....in the past we have been whacked for such impermissible benefits as free cookies and discount rates at a flea bag hotel. NEVER TRUST the NCAA to do what is logical or appropriate.

Reactions: 92Pony
Probably not....in the past we have been whacked for such impermissible benefits as free cookies and discount rates at a flea bag hotel. NEVER TRUST the NCAA to do what is logical or appropriate.
QFT!

0285b821a2144871ac7c481554701192.jpg

We need to start!! Like I said we have a great law school. We should never be bullied by the NCAA. Look at what NC did, lawyer up and fight them. Use the resources available to the best of our ability!! Go Cocks
Yeah, we could sue the ncaa using law students and professors.

Yeah, we could sue the ncaa using law students and professors.
Not saying use law students or our professors directly but I’m sure with all that knowledge we could figure something out. Have to do something. Can’t keep taking this from the NCAA, nobody else does.

Oh no! What if Evans specifically references our football program and their cheating ways?RollLaugh
Never mind we know the NCAA doesn’t follow those type leads.
No. He would have to still be on staff, under oath, and we would have had to fired his ass the next week, AND signed THREE Five Football Recruits that same weekend! But that didn’t happen here.....

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT