ADVERTISEMENT

You can hate on boom, but this staff is big time.

Cocka-Cola

Apr 6, 2010
He is signing up some of the best recruiters in CFB.

Just wait for these names to come. If that doesn't get you excited about this hire, you should just take a breather and come back in August. Say what you want about boom's coaching skills. This team is going to be stacked with talent very quickly.

it will have to happen quickly cuz the the buzzards are all ready circling WB

Just wait for these names to come. If that doesn't get you excited about this hire, you should just take a breather and come back in August. Say what you want about boom's coaching skills. This team is going to be stacked with talent very quickly.
Who is on this staff...confirmed? Not the Xmas dream list he promised.
So far Bentley....who I know well from our years at Byrnes...but I don't exactly count Bobby as a home run hire. Heck we don't even know what position he will coach. Bobby is a high school coach that did not fare well at PC. This is the SEC.

Who is on this staff...confirmed? Not the Xmas dream list he promised.
So far Bentley....who I know well from our years at Byrnes...but I don't exactly count Bobby as a home run hire. Heck we don't even know what position he will coach. Bobby is a high school coach that did not fare well at PC. This is the SEC.

Here's two coming:
Lance Thompson- One of the best recruiters in CFB.
Travaris Robinson- One of the best recruiters in CFB.

Auburn is freaking out right now that we are taking these guys. They are in full meltdown.

Maybe Ellis Johnson as a position coach. Maybe Shane Beamer. Still up in the air on some.

How long will this staff be able to remain intact? You know we went through this crap before.

Here's two coming:

Auburn is freaking out right now that we are taking these guys. They are in full meltdown.

Maybe Ellis Johnson as a position coach. Maybe Shane Beamer. Still up in the air on some.

Hire someone who can coach and develop the talent. As a UGA, I can tell you great recruiting doesn't mean squat if you don't develop and maximize the talent.

What? So you're saying the staff is too good, that we should hire worse people so they won't leave? Do you complain at restaurants when the food is too good, that you might not get a table in the future?
Yes that's EXACTLY what I'm saying. Word for word. Exactly.lol I'm saying if they need to stay here for several years and hopefully don't get taken away(wishful thinking) but we had way too much staff attrition under Spurrier.

I think you want the kind of assistants other people want. We've seen what happens when you get left with people nobody else wants.
I do want that type but I don't want the type that'll be here a year or two and then haul ass. That does me no good at all. I can't believe nobody else is thinking and wondering about that because like you said, you see what happens when you replace good assistants with bad ones. We gotta replace good with better or just as good. No drop offs.

Hire someone who can coach and develop the talent. As a UGA, I can tell you great recruiting doesn't mean squat if you don't develop and maximize the talent.
Ding ding ding! We have a winner! These people are too crazy about recruiting and aren't seeing the development is just as important.

I do want that type but I don't want the type that'll be here a year or two and then haul ass. That does me no good at all. I can't believe nobody else is thinking and wondering about that because like you said, you see what happens when you replace good assistants with bad ones. We gotta replace good with better or just as good. No drop offs.
I think you have to expect to replace individual coaches periodically. I would worry about several leaving at once, which seldom happens unless you fire them. Right now, I'm not worrying at all because we haven't even put the car on the road yet.

As long as we get a homer OC hire, I'm ok...if not, these assistants better live up to their billing as recruiters because we are gonna need them.

You just refuse to see anything as a positive.

You just refuse to see anything as a positive.
Lol you just refuse to learn from your mistakes. Staff attrition killed us, especially when we replaced members with lesser coaches. Im trying to avoid that this time around.

Ding ding ding! We have a winner! These people are too crazy about recruiting and aren't seeing the development is just as important.

You guys don't even know what you're talking about. I'm pretty sure Thompson developed his LBs at Alabama and Robinson developed DB's at Florida.
You're just looking for reasons to be upset. Just be happy, it's exciting.

How do you know? I hope you are right.

Lol, you could say the weather forecast for tomorrow is supposed to be beautiful and the usual clowns will complain. It's what they do.

I think you have to expect to replace individual coaches periodically. I would worry about several leaving at once, which seldom happens unless you fire them. Right now, I'm not worrying at all because we haven't even put the car on the road yet.
That happened to us though. Ellis, Beamer and the d-line coach all left the same year didn't they? Maybe Beamer left the year before. I do know that Lawing never worked for Whammy and I know Deak never worked for Ellis.

Lol, you could say the weather forecast for tomorrow is supposed to be beautiful and the usual clowns will complain. It's what they do.
It's not complaining, it's trying to avoid the same shit that killed us last time. It's like everyone's brains just got whiped clean because all I heard about a couple weeks ago was "oh Lawd have mercy we let all our good coaches get away and we can't let that happen next time." So I bring it up and now it's "shutup you hateful bastard! You want to burn down USC! You're the devil!"

It's not complaining, it's trying to avoid the same shit that killed us last time. It's like everyone's brains just got whiped clean because all I heard about a couple weeks ago was "oh Lawd have mercy we let all our good coaches get away and we can't let that happen next time." So I bring it up and now it's "shutup you hateful bastard! You want to burn down USC! You're the devil!"

The problem is that you want to bring everyone else into your misery.We can hire SOSjr, he'll never leave!

That happened to us though. Ellis, Beamer and the d-line coach all left the same year didn't they? Maybe Beamer left the year before. I do know that Lawing never worked for Whammy and I know Deak never worked for Ellis.
Yes. Of course, every situation has a story behind it.

You forget that the coaches that left are the ones that made us good in the first place. If coaches are leaving that's a sign that you're succesful.

So, Robert, how do suggest we fill all the coaching slots? Would you recommend a bunch of flunkies that would never leave, because they'd have no other options? Last time I checked, all those assistants that were here, and left, were directly involved in the best era of Gamecocks football...not a bad price to pay for some success.

Reactions: Tigerof66
Staff attrition did not kill us.....a head coach unwilling to make tough staffing decisions or unwilling to actually try to get new coaches in killed us.
Well six of one and half a dozen of the other. Everyone under the sun knew Spurrier didn't like bringing in new guys so when we lost staff you had to hold your breath to see what he was going to do.

I think you need to take my advice above. Close the computer, take a walk. Go camping where there is no wifi. We have a new coach now.
Not everybody was going to get the favorite coach - there were LOTS of opinions swirling around for a while now - ANYBODY we got was going to be a risk & to think not is hiding your head in the sand. It's ALL about staff & recruiting nowadays and, instead of eating our own as we've done so well in the past, it's time to get on board now. This IS our coach now & it's definitely in our best interest for him to be well received and be a winner here! The nasty comments can do nothing but hurt us!

So, Robert, how do suggest we fill all the coaching slots? Would you recommend a bunch of flunkies that would never leave, because they'd have no other options? Last time I checked, all those assistants that were here, and left, were directly involved in the best era of Gamecocks football...not a bad price to pay for some success.
No I'm saying I hope we can keep them for longer than a couple years and if we do lose some I hope we bring in the same level or better assistants to replace them with.

Unless you are giving serious money, your voice has yet to be heard. Not sure how your complaining is gonna help avoid anything.

Here's two coming:

Is Thompson confirmed? The State said he's talking to SOS jr which is OK as long as it's as receivers coach only. There are a lot of maybes and talking tos from what I see. I don't see the signees.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT