ADVERTISEMENT

You Could Fit the Combined Knowledge and Patience of this Board...

Typical of any fan base. They want more, and they want it now. No matter the circumstances. Clemson won by a healthy margin yesterday, yet some of my Clemson friends are upset that they let BC hang around until the 4th quarter. Let Dabo slip just a little bit and lose two, or three, a couple years in a row and you will see them start to question things. Such is the case with most fan bases.

The tongue in cheek remarks about forever to thee, reminds me of the fourth quarter when the fans got loud, which clearly affected the La Tech QB.

“When people need love and understanding and support the most is when they deserve it the least.” -- Lou Holtz (ironic, considering we played Skip's team)

While the chips are down, our Gamecocks need our support now more than ever.

Reactions: surfincock
Boards are for catharsis, discussion, and entertainment. People who are put off by their content are carrying idealized expectations that boards weren't designed to fulfill.
Look out now Aristotle, some on here may critique your post there as being cathartic!! =;-p

King Ward nailed it. FGF is purely for entertainment and if you want news, insight, and civil discussion there is the premium board. This place is no different then a stock board, political forum, or any other discussion site and if you are taking advice from the board or the tone of the board is ruining your day then you have a choice to go somewhere else. I am grateful that it is free.

In a THIMBLE. It's sickening. Unfortunately it's typical of this fan base. But One thing I've learned in all my years, You Cannot Fix Stupid. But please keep posting. We all need a good laugh.
I don't think you can question Gamecock fan's patience. I just think we have saw so much bad football for so long we can spot it pretty quickly. It's not like this is champs first try at a head gig at a big school. I think if he hadn't brought Roper with him people would have more confidence.

In a THIMBLE. It's sickening. Unfortunately it's typical of this fan base. But One thing I've learned in all my years, You Cannot Fix Stupid. But please keep posting. We all need a good laugh.
It's weird that you're both sickened and amused simultaneously.

You can go to just about any message board for any sport and generally find the same-type posts. Some fans use the board to bitch, others use it to complain about fans bitching, and so on and on.

I don't know who invented message boards, but they knew what they were doing. Everybody's got an opinion and many of us feel compelled to share it, even when we probably shouldn't. And I include myself in that category.

Like many in the South of an earlier generation, I was raised under the rule .... "if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all." Like many, I've forgotten that lesson, thanks mostly to the internet.

Ah well. Go Gamecocks. Glad we won. 3-1 is better than 2-2.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT