ADVERTISEMENT

You guys HAVE to come off the ledge.

Who you gonna hire and what does firing Beamer communciate to the new guy? Any guy you would want as coach is going to look at that roster - the level of competition he faces weeklly in the SEC - and realize he may be fired after going 4-4 in the first 8 games. Think some highly sought after coach, with other options, wants a piece of that?
Its more about the money than anything else. Good programs put the money out there, knowing a winning program will bring the money back.

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
He's the guy who hired these failures to begin with. You gonna trust him to make more hires? What do you think we will get, besides more of the same? He can't fix this if you give him 10-12 years. He doesn't know how. Also, this is the same Oline that produced the SEC leading rusher last year, so that is not the common denominator.
The bigger problem is he's already looking like a lame duck. Which talented OC is going to want to hitch their wagon to him at the moment.

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
The bigger problem is he's already looking like a lame duck. Which talented OC is going to want to hitch their wagon to him at the moment.

That is a distinct problem. Imho, an aggressive oc is needed, so at this point Beamer may need to use the allure of coaching in the sec to attract a successful oc from a smaller school.

While firing Beamer ain't gonna happen after 1 season, realistic fans knew 4-6 wins were most likely BUT the unexpected rotten and regressive performance of the offense is not gonna cut it with potential recruits that could help us turn things around.

While firing Beamer ain't gonna happen after 1 season, realistic fans knew 4-6 wins were most likely BUT the unexpected rotten and regressive performance of the offense is not gonna cut it with potential recruits that could help us turn things around.

Things are going to get awful on here if we lose any of the few highly rated recruits before signing day.

Reactions: Cockish
He's the guy who hired these failures to begin with. You gonna trust him to make more hires? What do you think we will get, besides more of the same? He can't fix this if you give him 10-12 years. He doesn't know how. Also, this is the same Oline that produced the SEC leading rusher last year, so that is not the common denominator.
I didnt say thats what I wanted to do. Just that if the powers that be want to stick with him, then this the first step.

Not anymore. Thats the old way. You can do it in 1 or 2 years now with the portal. Its literally free agency. Only conservative programs and fans would say 5-7 years in today's world.

I say three. One more to install a decent offense then another year for it to gel. Year four, 8 or 9 wins then go from there.

I just don't think that's the answer to this. We need a legit OC and OLine coach! It is just astonishing, sickening and demoralizing how Satt can make the SEC' returning leading rusher look like a B team player! If we had a defense last season we would of won 7 games at least and dare I even say it.... I won't but you could probably guess who would still be here. Bobo was a helluva OC to be able to work that magic he did with what we had! Only if we had a DC opposite of him. Point being, new OC, new oline coach! Exciting, simple innovative offensive a plus!
I doubt we get a legit anything. We are way too cheap to pay up.

By all means do not bring them off the ledge. These are the same bipolar lemmings who last spring attacked posters like me who said that hiring a coach with zero, zip, zilch experience as even a junior hIgh OC or DC might not be the best alternative. Shane's our coach. He's a good dude who inherited a shitfest. It's gonna take a while and the jury's out on how it finally works out. But, anyone who expected better at this point, especially with Luke hurt, is a stooge.

These people need massive doses of pamprin
And a case of the Mother of all Tampons…

• Love
Reactions: 81 Alumnus
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT