ADVERTISEMENT

You know’ Sometime you just get tired.

Brace1

Oct 8, 2008
Greenville SC
This is exactly why I didn’t post on earlier threads about our men’s Basketball team. I didn’t wanna dampen the spirit of those who thought this was a 20 win team. I’m done with Frank Martin, I appreciate the Final four run that was great!’ But overall his program has been boring to watch, and I’m tired of it! I know a lot of you guys on here feel the same way I do.. We shouldn’t have to put up with this crap year after year I’m embarrassed, and quite frankly disgusted with myself for spending so much time watching our games! Basketball, Football and Baseball. I gotta give thanks to Dawn Staley, it’s her program that keeps me grounded as a Gamecock!

I agree with your post. I’ve actually tried to quit watching but I can’t . I guess I love continually watching suck. I will say, I’m extremely proud of our women’s programs (multiple sports). The women’s hoops team is fun to watch and although I don’t know a thing about Soccer, very proud of those young ladies , as well. Also, the Softball program continually makes tourney appearances and gets some wins in it. I’ve went to Football games since 84 (that I remember), followed men’s hoops since that time , as well as, Baseball. And honestly, this is as bad as I’ve seen it collectively for the 3 sports. Humiliating and disgusting.

I agree with your post. I’ve actually tried to quit watching but I can’t . I guess I love continually watching suck. I will say, I’m extremely proud of our women’s programs (multiple sports). The women’s hoops team is fun to watch and although I don’t know a thing about Soccer, very proud of those young ladies , as well. Also, the Softball program continually makes tourney appearances and gets some wins in it. I’ve went to Football games since 84 (that I remember), followed men’s hoops since that time , as well as, Baseball. And honestly, this is as bad as I’ve seen it collectively for the 3 sports. Humiliating and disgusting.
I’m with you I’ve been very proud of our women’s teams here lately too. It seems they win in everything and I watch the soccer team and softball team when I get a chance.

Last edited:
This is exactly why I didn’t post on earlier threads about our men’s Basketball team. I didn’t wanna dampen the spirit of those who thought this was a 20 win team. I’m done with Frank Martin, I appreciate the Final four run that was great!’ But overall his program has been boring to watch, and I’m tired of it! I know a lot of you guys on here feel the same way I do.. We shouldn’t have to put up with this crap year after year I’m embarrassed, and quite frankly disgusted with myself for spending so much time watching our games! Basketball, Football and Baseball. I gotta give thanks to Dawn Staley, it’s her program that keeps me grounded as a Gamecock!

Do you have tickets in section 104, 105, or 106?? If so, I will buy them...

Reactions: Brace1
I fell for it after Wyoming, but they must be the worst team in the NCAA. I was going to go to Charlottesville on 12/22 (and I still may) but that shite is going to be ridiculous, especially with the usual UVa D. We won’t score 40 that game, maybe not even 30 honestly. I mean, Cuse only scored 34 at home. If we actually score more than 40, I’ll stop posting here for a year, that’d probably make a lot of people happy. Doesn’t matter either way though, Frank is done too. The sample size is not small for he, or Moose, and we can’t be in rebuilding/everyone is injured mode for the next 5 years, but we will be, because you can bet those 2 (and Tanna) will still be here then. Looking at you too Mark, you’re on the clock. Time to start just giving props to our Gamecock Women, they are Champions. The men deserve 0 press for the foreseeable future.

I was wondering why I got an email offering $30 passes to the McGuire room for several basketball games of my choice. Are season ticket sales that down this year? I don’t buy basketball tickets so I have no idea.

Top 20 salaries for the men's program with shit to show for it. The whole athletic department needs an enima.

USCALUMNI
I was wondering why I got an email offering $30 passes to the McGuire room for several basketball games of my choice. Are season ticket sales that down this year? I don’t buy basketball tickets so I have no idea.
It's sad in there during games. Reflects the play.

Didn’t see 20 necessarily but I thought we could win 75% of our non conference games, get to .500 in conference and get an NIT bid.

I was wrong.

In the one game I've seen it looks like we have no speed. Opponents are just running around our guys and then on offense there is no chemistry yet as far as working together and driving and dishing. That may have something to do with speed too.

The Final Four run is a distant memory now... Make the NCAAT or get out... 1 out of 8 years is not acceptable. I know that this year is far from over, but from the product that has been on the floor this year so far, I don't see a team that will be in the upper half of the SEC. Hope they prove me wrong.

"Martin also still looks like he is trying to teach life lessons instead of making in game adjustments"

Very well stated. This is a perfect description of Muschamp as well.

Martin often looks like he's running a summer camp. Muschamp often looks like he's running from reality.

What’s the buyout for good old Frank? I know buyouts aren’t as relevant in men’s basketball as they are in football but I hope Ray was smart enough to not give Frank much of one.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT