ADVERTISEMENT

You know you've lost interest in Carolina football when you didn't realize that

We're gonna get our asses beat tonight. No expectations, maybe they play Doty and he looks good.

What's Carolina football?
Apparently to the more vocal on this board it’s the right to lament and bemoan like jilted lovers while not even realizing tonight was a home game.

I wait nine months for this every year. Not going to waste it crying in my beer because south cackalacky doesn’t win enough or operate the program to suit the level of reward I think I should have.

Reactions: SCexpat38
Apparently to the more vocal on this board it’s the right to lament and bemoan like jilted lovers while not even realizing tonight was a home game.

I wait nine months for this every year. Not going to waste it crying in my beer because south cackalacky doesn’t win enough or operate the program to suit the level of reward I think I should have.

I'm with you. Hell, there are a lot worse things in life than pulling for a struggling football program.

For me the culture of it all really has died. We’ve had a lot of bad seasons over the years, but at the end of each of those I was always hopeful for the next year. It was like “hey we went 5-6 again but that’s alright we’ll be back better next year, we love coming to these games to support the school”.
It’s just not what it used to be though. In some cases our records are better now than the past, but it’s not fun like it used to be. More than once this season I’ve forgotten it was game day. I’d love to write it all off as 2020, but the pandemic is not what has brought our football team to the uninteresting state it is in

For me the culture of it all really has died. We’ve had a lot of bad seasons over the years, but at the end of each of those I was always hopeful for the next year. It was like “hey we went 5-6 again but that’s alright we’ll be back better next year, we love coming to these games to support the school”.
It’s just not what it used to be though. In some cases our records are better now than the past, but it’s not fun like it used to be. More than once this season I’ve forgotten it was game day. I’d love to write it all off as 2020, but the pandemic is not what has brought our football team to the uninteresting state it is in
The culture hasn’t died it never really changed. For all the talk Holtz and Spurrier did about needing to want to win it didn’t happen. As long as the fan base is happier about fried chicken and liquor than winning football games we’ll never move forward.

Wow I honestly woke up this morning and had to check the game time . That used to be unheard of . With all the early games this year I’ve missed them fishing but I have no legitimate excuse for late games , especially after the time change . Hopefully we will at least show up tonight

the game was here in Columbia tonight. For years and years I could hardly wait for home games and we went to every one of them for close to 30 years. This is really sad. Thanks for nothing Muschamp. You too Tanner.
How much if that has to do with the state of the team and how much of it has to do with the changes to tailgating, smaller crowds allowed in...?

How much if that has to do with the state of the team and how much of it has to do with the changes to tailgating, smaller crowds allowed in...?
My next door neighbor is the biggest vol fan I have ever seen. Wears orange every day. Vols flags in front and back yards... etc. Looks like he could be Phat Phil's long lost twin brother. I asked him yesterday who UT was playing. He said " I dont know". My jaw hit the floor. I'm guessing it's the state of his program since he hasnt been to a game in years but he didnt want to talk about it. Lol

It’s been a great year for my daughter to start at Coastal so not only did I graduate there but now my money goes there so with how they are playing, football still has some excitement. I will switch between games tonight but if all goes as I think I will watch coastal more. Carolina just doesn’t move the meter anymore. I pull for them but it’s real hrs when they play bad and then pile on top of that a lot of unnecessary trash talk and acting ridiculous. Go Coastal!!!!!

the game was here in Columbia tonight. For years and years I could hardly wait for home games and we went to every one of them for close to 30 years. This is really sad. Thanks for nothing Muschamp. You too Tanner.

You're right. When I woke up this morning I was thinking it was a noon game.

We were playing football.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT