ADVERTISEMENT

You would think the "greatest fans in the country" would...

Bigger_Stronger_Faster

Aug 6, 2011
at least wait until the new coach is hired, see what kind of staff he puts together and (most importantly) see the reaction from the players...you know, the people that will actually make a difference!

Some of the post on this board the past 2 weeks or so have been sickening. I question if some are even fans, much less a segment of "the greatest".

at least wait until the new coach is hired, see what kind of staff he puts together and (most importantly) see the reaction from the players...you know, the people that will actually make a difference!

Some of the post on this board the past 2 weeks or so have been sickening. I question if some are even fans, much less a segment of "the greatest".
"Shut up," he explained.

Probably the same people who gave their tickets to Clemson people last week

I am very excited about Muschamp being our next coach. He is passionate, has experience and connections, can recruit and is very defensive minded. Give the man a chance.

Also, what the heck happened? I went to bed last night ( after checking out this site ) convinced that Rich Rod was the hire. I know this is the free section, but there were at least eight threads saying it was a done deal.

The players wanted Elliott. They are the last people I'm listening to. I've learned that the most successful coaches are not the most popular among the players.

Reactions: cocky4 and trekcock
A good fan is voicing your opinion when you team is not living up to it's expectations, and demanding better. whether it be results or personnel.
If management produces a product that is sub standard. and yet no one complains then there is no incentive to achieve better.

So if some fans are not happy with this hire, or the process in which it was handled I'm not going to question their loyalty, if anything I find that the issue is that they do care, maybe more than most

We know how players will react to him. They will quit on him halfway through the season. Case study 1 Florida. Case study 2 Aurburn. Aurburn had one of the highest recruiting class that were achored with defensive player. They dropped from a OK D to a terrible D. However made this choice either it be Tanner or one of the President needs to leave.

Reactions: Game!
Yeah Florida players quit on him alright. From everything we've heard his players loved him and gated to see him fired. Give him a chance, as he can bring in an SEC caliber staff around him with a focus on great recruiters. I'm sure he learned from his past head coaching job and will turn over offensive reigns to an up tempo style coordinater. Guy can recruit and has fire that we need. Like the fact also that he has something to prove to all the doubters. We didn't need another small college coach like Sparky who brings in all his small time assistants with him.

Reactions: Tigerof66

Agree 100%! Some pretty pathetic post on here.

Its what they are.If you look at their body of work on this site its obvious they arent the kind of people you want to hang around.

A good fan is voicing your opinion when you team is not living up to it's expectations, and demanding better. whether it be results or personnel.
If management produces a product that is sub standard. and yet no one complains then there is no incentive to achieve better.

So if some fans are not happy with this hire, or the process in which it was handled I'm not going to question their loyalty, if anything I find that the issue is that they do care, maybe more than most

As much as I hate to disagree with someone with "Harvard" in their handle, how can you be sure, at this point, that the product is sub standard? What do you know about the "process in which it was handled"? Surely you understand that we were not privy to all the details that went into the hiring. In my world, a large part of loyalty is trusting people who have my best interest at heart, to make the decision that they truly believe is best for me. I have absolutely no reason to not trust Ray Tanner. I doubt that you do either.

Reactions: NetworkX
As much as I hate to disagree with someone with "Harvard" in their handle, how can you be sure, at this point, that the product is sub standard? What do you know about the "process in which it was handled"? Surely you understand that we were not privy to all the details that went into the hiring. In my world, a large part of loyalty is trusting people who have my best interest at heart, to make the decision that they truly believe is best for me. I have absolutely no reason to not trust Ray Tanner. I doubt that you do either.

DR, good post.
I was attempting to sound neutral on this debate, but it sounds like that attempt fell short
I just want to clarify two points

I was careful to paint with a wide brush. I did not state I think the product (the team) is substandard, but in principal how consumers if not happy with a product should voice their displeasure if they want changes to be made.

You are correct, I do not know anything in which this process was played out (or even pretend to), What i attempted to point out, is that some fans are disappointed with the hire and process and are voicing that sentiment, yet others were questioning their loyalty to the program for doing so.

X 100000000000000000.....agree.....

DR, good post.
I was attempting to sound neutral on this debate, but it sounds like that attempt fell short
I just want to clarify two points

I was careful to paint with a wide brush. I did not state I think the product (the team) is substandard, but in principal how consumers if not happy with a product should voice their displeasure if they want changes to be made.

You are correct, I do not know anything in which this process was played out (or even pretend to), What i attempted to point out, is that some fans are disappointed with the hire and process and are voicing that sentiment, yet others were questioning their loyalty to the program for doing so.
You have to tread carefully on here because feelings seem to get hurt real fast lately. There is no "in between" with this thing. For whatever reason this wasn't the case at all when this search for a new coach began, everyone was in favor of someone but we didn't have all the attacking going on. If you wanted Smart, fine. If you wanted Herman, great. If you wanted somebody else, cool. The fan base is really divided and that's a bad sign.

Reactions: vehemon
I think everyone will get on board unless folks just want to quit being a fan altogether. And I don't see that happening. But most have every right in the world to voice their displeasure. This isn't youth football where everybody gets a pat on the head for showing up. Fans are required to make a fairly impactful investment every year if they want tickets, parking place, etc. That kind of investment gives them every right to voice an opinion. Rarely, is that option listened to, but it surely gives them that right.

Reactions: cocky4
I am very excited about Muschamp being our next coach. He is passionate, has experience and connections, can recruit and is very defensive minded. Give the man a chance.

Also, what the heck happened? I went to bed last night ( after checking out this site ) convinced that Rich Rod was the hire. I know this is the free section, but there were at least eight threads saying it was a done deal.
well you did hear it on the internet

Here, here!

Good Gamecock fans have waited. They have been patient. They have let the process play out. They look forward to success in the future. A VERY Vocal MINORITY have spammed this board and have bashed coaches, players, prospects and other fans. (By the way as I was typing "success" my phone vibrated...then rang...it was our new coach Will Mushamp on the line thanking me as a Gamecock Club member for my support.) It was a recording, but I appreciated it and believe it is a good omen!)

You have to tread carefully on here because feelings seem to get hurt real fast lately. There is no "in between" with this thing. For whatever reason this wasn't the case at all when this search for a new coach began, everyone was in favor of someone but we didn't have all the attacking going on. If you wanted Smart, fine. If you wanted Herman, great. If you wanted somebody else, cool. The fan base is really divided and that's a bad sign.
Robert...you're whining about someone 'attacking' your opinion when 99% of the posts you have made over the past week have attacked players, other fans, current coaches our athletic director and prospective coaches. You say the fan base is divided when you have done nothing but spam the board with negative and dividing posts. By the way as a Gamecock Club member have you gotten your phone call from Coach Muschamp????

Robert...you're whining about someone 'attacking' your opinion when 99% of the posts you have made over the past week have attacked players, other fans, current coaches our athletic director and prospective coaches. You say the fan base is divided when you have done nothing but spam the board with negative and dividing posts. By the way as a Gamecock Club member have you gotten your phone call from Coach Muschamp????
It's on my answering machine.lol

:D
200.gif

There were Gamecock fans calling for Spurrier's head at the end of 2008.
This youtube video sums up a majority of Gamecock fans right now.

Don't confuse the best fans with the gamecock bashing message board.
But if you're online to bash the players , coaches or university. You are at the right place.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT