ADVERTISEMENT

Young Offensive Mind out there...

Seems like I read a similar comment about Kurt Roper and Lance Thompson.

Different situation. This is year 4. If we win 4 or 5 more why would you replace anyone? If we go 5-7 (Most likely outcome) Muschamp is still on the hot seat next year. (at least warm) In that case, it would be very hard to convince any coordinator worth hiring to take a job here.

Different situation. This is year 4. If we win 4 or 5 more why would you replace anyone? If we go 5-7 (Most likely outcome) Muschamp is still on the hot seat next year. (at least warm) In that case, it would be very hard to convince any coordinator worth hiring to take a job here.

5-7 is most likely outcome? I think I disagree on every point you made.

I think that Brady would certainly listen to an offer to become the next head coach...someone will offer him a head job....better act quicky...

Reactions: Freddie.B.Cocky
Seems like I read a similar comment about Kurt Roper and Lance Thompson.
Lance was on the thinnest of ice. He didn't get along, to say the least, with T Rob.

Roper straight stunk, so he had to go.

B Mac has improved the offense from Roper but that ain't a high bar.

Lance was on the thinnest of ice. He didn't get along, to say the least, with T Rob.

Bmac has not improved this offense one bit. Not in any area. Roper was more creative and that's saying something. We don't even average 3 offensive TDs against P5 opponents.

Agreed. But the same statements were made before, "Muschamp will not make a change". He did.

keep an eye on the new OC at Kansas...it won't be long before someone is paying a lot more than the $200,000 that Kansas is.

The 2 hires Muschamp made last year (Scott and Brown) were good hires. But overall, the offense has not improved. Now part of that is because we are breaking in a young QB so I can forgive that under the circumstances. But I would like to see progress not go backwards.

I guess one could say last year it was the defense with the injuries and this year it is the offense. You would be right about that. Maybe that is a good enough reason. More than likely we are going to find out because I think everyone is back next year.

What sticks in my craw is that do we have to wait until we have everyone healthy before we have a good season? Will that be 1 of 3 or 1 of 4? Like most fans I've seen this year after year for most of my life. It got better 3 times. Under Carlen briefly (but the top end was 8 games), under JoMo briefly (10 wins and a couple of 8 win seasons) and then under Spurrier.

Is that as good as it gets? 3-4 seasons every decade?

Statistically, Roper was worse.

Don't let the truth get in the way of his argument.

The best of Roper's in total yards, rushing per game, passing per game and scoring per game look like this.
Total, 2015, 362 per game
Passing, 2017, 214 per game
Rushing, 2016, 164 per game
scoring, 2017, 24 per game

BMAC's worse
Total, 2019, 406 per game
Passing, 2019, 209 per game--* injured true freshman QB playing
Rushing, 2018, 152 per game
scoring, 2019, 29 per game

Our ground game this year is averaging 196 per game. To me that is huge, we all complain we don't run it well enough, well now we are. I think a lot of credit goes to BMAC and TBrown.

If Hillinsky completes some of those deep throws we would not be having this conversation the receiver were open and keep in mind Florida has one of the top defenses in the country

Reactions: jjjpppbbb
Ive heard good things about some kid in texas who is helping his Dad a High School Coach. Sheldon something.

He is young and seems to have a smart offensive mind

giphy.gif

His Dad even looks like Coach Muschamp so I think he would fit right in
tumblr_ox00brlCJM1qbwtexo2_250.gifv

If Hillinsky completes some of those deep throws we would not be having this conversation the receiver were open and keep in mind Florida has one of the top defenses in the country
This is a really good point. Anyone want to argue?

While agree on that being the case against Florida with RH, I do see it as a trend under BMAC... his playcalling overall has not been the best, look at how we drove it down Florida's throat to the six yard line, then call a HORRIBLE pass play that set us behind the chains, leading to two runs and a FG... you aren't going to win many games against better opponents kicking field goals... Feaster was dragging Florida, but we go away from what is working... it has been BMACs downfall. Hence the reason we are 113 in third down efficiency and in the mid 80s passing in the nation... you have to set a team up for success but he continues to call a game that makes absolutely no sense...

Ultimately it comes down to Muschamp. His offenses have failed no matter who the coordinator was. I don't think you can ever have a good offense if your priority is to crush the clock. You gotta score points. If you find yourself up three scores in the second half, okay, crush the clock!

Ha, made that exact statement to my son two hours ago. At the end of the day, all other things being equal ie officiating, football players have to make football plays at EVERY position, offense and defense, to be successful. All it takes is one guy and a play is not successful. “Play calling” is often mistaken for that maxim.

Reactions: Jeremiah Bullfrog
Bmac has not improved this offense one bit. Not in any area. Roper was more creative and that's saying something. We don't even average 3 offensive TDs against P5 opponents.
Who are you even watching? It most certainly has improved. Does it still have a ways to go to be a Spurrier in his prime (UF days not here) type of offense? Yes. But BMAC ain't the one out there over throwing wide open receivers for sure TDs or the one dropping sure first down and TD catches.

Last edited:
Reactions: kidrobinski
Ultimately it comes down to Muschamp. His offenses have failed no matter who the coordinator was. I don't think you can ever have a good offense if your priority is to crush the clock. You gotta score points. If you find yourself up three scores in the second half, okay, crush the clock!
Pretty sure that was Spurrier's MO half the time he was here. We sat on leads more often than not and then he would panic and call 874 pass plays in a row.

Pretty sure that was Spurrier's MO half the time he was here. We sat on leads more often than not and then he would panic and call 874 pass plays in a row.
Spurrier had called "ball plays" so long he had seen most everything. He gets the benefit of the doubt because he thought "he saw something" in the defense that he could exploit. I've seen him go both extremes. Come out with three incompletions when we needed to kill clock and pound the ball until we take the victory formation. Then there's in-between, where you do the right things , mix it up well and it still doesn't work. I remember after one game my buddy texted me "that's textbook how you close out a game with a small lead." I said "If only he did it every time."

Reactions: Jeremiah Bullfrog
Spurrier had called "ball plays" so long he had seen most everything. He gets the benefit of the doubt because he thought "he saw something" in the defense that he could exploit. I've seen him go both extremes. Come out with three incompletions when we needed to kill clock and pound the ball until we take the victory formation. Then there's in-between, where you do the right things , mix it up well and it still doesn't work. I remember after one game my buddy texted me "that's textbook how you close out a game with a small lead." I said "If only he did it every time."
Experience is definitely a factor. The "analyst" spot would help tremendously here.

I appreciate the responses. It is ALWAYS amazing the different perspectives we have. I believe coaches should put the players in a position to succeed. I do not see that. Our offense on Saturday reminded me of Lou (when he wrestled control from Skip). Passing plays are simply quick hitters or long bombs. That’s it! Bombs, by percentage, are low. I want to see an offense attack. I remember one game, at Auburn, where SOS went for it on 7 4th downs in a row. We made the first 6 and that kept us in the game. He attacked! I’m tired of passing to attack when we have to. It does not allow for nurturing and proper development, rather, we are HOPING that we complete. More exposure and more practice = improvement and better chances of success. I am of full conviction that if SOS had Bentley or Hilinski, the results would have been phenomenal.

Like all of you, I want to win and win now. No excuses.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT