ADVERTISEMENT

Young Offensive Mind out there...

I appreciate the responses. It is ALWAYS amazing the different perspectives we have. I believe coaches should put the players in a position to succeed. I do not see that. Our offense on Saturday reminded me of Lou (when he wrestled control from Skip). Passing plays are simply quick hitters or long bombs. That’s it! Bombs, by percentage, are low. I want to see an offense attack. I remember one game, at Auburn, where SOS went for it on 7 4th downs in a row. We made the first 6 and that kept us in the game. He attacked! I’m tired of passing to attack when we have to. It does not allow for nurturing and proper development, rather, we are HOPING that we complete. More exposure and more practice = improvement and better chances of success. I am of full conviction that if SOS had Bentley or Hilinski, the results would have been phenomenal.

Like all of you, I want to win and win now. No excuses.

Aside from it being a loss, I loved that game. From memory, we (both teams actually) went up and down the field, pretty much at will. Our play-calling/selection was fast and furious. It was 2014, and we came out on the short end of 42-35 (I had to look that up).

Same here Pony. They were highly ranked and his attacking and aggressive mindset kept us in the game. Heck, in his first or second year, Antonio Hefner QB’d a loss at Auburn (48-7) and SOS called the plays as if a Heisman candidate were at the helm. We need that and thus my thinking of getting a young mind line Brady. We don’t want a retread. This guy appears to be worth a shot.

Reactions: 92Pony
I appreciate the responses. It is ALWAYS amazing the different perspectives we have. I believe coaches should put the players in a position to succeed. I do not see that. Our offense on Saturday reminded me of Lou (when he wrestled control from Skip). Passing plays are simply quick hitters or long bombs. That’s it! Bombs, by percentage, are low. I want to see an offense attack. I remember one game, at Auburn, where SOS went for it on 7 4th downs in a row. We made the first 6 and that kept us in the game. He attacked! I’m tired of passing to attack when we have to. It does not allow for nurturing and proper development, rather, we are HOPING that we complete. More exposure and more practice = improvement and better chances of success. I am of full conviction that if SOS had Bentley or Hilinski, the results would have been phenomenal.

Like all of you, I want to win and win now. No excuses.
Friend, no offense, but if Hilinski had thrown it 50 times, a segment (maybe including you) would be complaining we hadn’t run it enough. We are a complaining fan base.

When your qb is not a true freshman who was not expected to play that much this year, you will probably get your wish.

Friend, no offense, but if Hilinski had thrown it 50 times, a segment (maybe including you) would be complaining we hadn’t run it enough. We are a complaining fan base.

When your qb is not a true freshman who was not expected to play that much this year, you will probably get your wish.

Kid, maybe I’m not being clear. I want our O to attack. Plain and simple. Now, the strong and conservative history of Champ leads to criticizing for lack of a vertical attack. This is true and the data points this out. I just want to win and the way to do that is dictate ... we do not dictate. We react and only attack when down or, like last season, play Clemson. Based on his mindset and the results ( there is plenty of film but last years UF game and this years UNC game) speak for themselves. Thus my desire for a young coach who is not afraid to attack.

Who are you even watching? It most certainly has improved. Does it still have a ways to go to be a Spurrier in his prime (UF days not here) type of offense? Yes. But BMAC ain't the one out there over throwing wide open receivers for sure TDs or the one dropping sure first down and TD catches.
Post our offensive scoring against P5 opponents. Compare it to Roper's. End of story.

Who are you even watching? It most certainly has improved. Does it still have a ways to go to be a Spurrier in his prime (UF days not here) type of offense? Yes. But BMAC ain't the one out there over throwing wide open receivers for sure TDs or the one dropping sure first down and TD catches.
what people dont wanna talk about is the elephant in the room! i know a lot on here disliked jake but like it or not, we would more than likely be sitting pretty good right now with jake healthy...now ryan is gonna be a good one plus he hasnt been 100% last 3 weeks,so hopefully him being healthy helps his accuracy...

Kid, maybe I’m not being clear. I want our O to attack. Plain and simple. Now, the strong and conservative history of Champ leads to criticizing for lack of a vertical attack. This is true and the data points this out. I just want to win and the way to do that is dictate ... we do not dictate. We react and only attack when down or, like last season, play Clemson. Based on his mindset and the results ( there is plenty of film but last years UF game and this years UNC game) speak for themselves. Thus my desire for a young coach who is not afraid to attack.
they tried to stretch the field vertically, 6 or 7 times against uf...thats on the qb, not the oc or the hc..yea we have had flashy offensive coordinators here and the only one that ever worked out, actually won because of the defense...a little ironic,huh?

Reactions: Jeremiah Bullfrog
Bmac has not improved this offense one bit. Not in any area. Roper was more creative and that's saying something. We don't even average 3 offensive TDs against P5 opponents.

Post our offensive scoring against P5 opponents. Compare it to Roper's. End of story.

OK, here's the statistic that you keep touting - offensive scoring against P5 opponents:

2016 14.8 (admitted lack of talent and a poor QB situation)
2017 20.6 (excludes the 26 that BMac put up against Michigan)
2018 25.1 (even w / the UVa goose egg)
2019 20.5 (but with an injured Hilinski for several games)

The reality is nowhere near as clear cut as you seem to think it is. Roper had putrid offenses, and we improved for 2018 in nearly every statistical category under BMac, including offensive scoring against P5 opponents. It remains to be seen how 2019 wraps up, especially with games remaining against some mediocre to poor scoring defenses (TAMU, UT-K, and Vandy).

Does that mean our offense is 'good'? That's another story, and my general feeling is 'meh, it's OK, but I wish we were better.' But to say that we haven't improved over the Roper years is pretty funny.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT