Favorite player
GGTuesday7.jpg

Favorite coach
576.jpg

Favorite Internet coed
489643c1c5d5d.jpg

Reactions: DirtyCock99
Whit was immortalized that night!

Whit will never have to pay for another meal in Columbia again. As Coach Tanner said at the CLA when the team arrived back home after winning our first National Championship in a major men's sport..."Whit Merrifield fired the shot heard around the world for all of Gamecock Nation."

So many, but at the moment, Wingo has to be at the top of my list. He was nails, and the last few innings vs. UF in the 2011 CWS are almost funny to watch he was so ridiculous.

Last edited:
When I was 3 and broke my arm I was in the hospital next to Kent Hagood. He signed my cast. I know I had a Kent Hagood jersey, not sure if my parents had it specially made.

Stephon Gilmore.

His signing was one of the most crucial commitments in modern Gamecock history. The dominos fell our way after that.

Holloman and Swearinger were camp buddies with Gilmore and flipped from Clemson and/or UNC after he committed. After that, Gilmore became a key recruiter to get Lattimore here, and eventually Gilmore, Lattimore, and Holloman would play a big role in getting Clowney here.

He was heavily recruited by Alabama and I remember everybody thinking that's where he was going. His commitment was huge for so many reasons. If Gilmore doesn't commit, who knows what the past 6 years would have looked like?

Stephon Gilmore.

His signing was one of the most crucial commitments in modern Gamecock history. The dominos fell our way after that.

Holloman and Swearinger were camp buddies with Gilmore and flipped from Clemson and/or UNC after he committed. After that, Gilmore became a key recruiter to get Lattimore here, and eventually Gilmore, Lattimore, and Holloman would play a big role in getting Clowney here.

He was heavily recruited by Alabama and I remember everybody thinking that's where he was going. His commitment was huge for so many reasons. If Gilmore doesn't commit, who knows what the past 6 years would have looked like?
qo1GIc.gif

For Player, Cleveland Pinkney, he was a big time recruit for us when weren't so hot, and helped the turnaround. Really good payer and underrated all time Gamecock.

pinkncl01-2000.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT