ADVERTISEMENT

Your Top3 for OC and DC now

CCUIrmo

Jul 15, 2010
Since alot on here have ideas who they should be, what are everyones top 3 choices (be reasonable here, dont go for something we know wont happen).

OC - Garret Riley, Mike Yurich, GA Mangus/Spurrier Jr
DC - Zach Arnett, Chris Ash, Chad Staggs

I like Riley and Yurich (sp?), but no thanks on GA or Bubba. I also think if iwe ponied up the money we could probably get Matt Canada (Steelers QB Coach, former OC at Maryland, LSU, NC State, Pitt, NIU and Wisconsin), and it wouldn't be a completely terrible hire. I'd add Kyle Flood to the OC list too. As for DC, I'm good with Arnett or Ash, but if we strike out with them, we could do worse, at least as a one or two-year place holder, to get Dillon-native and former Vols, Hawgs, Aggies and Bayou Bengals DC John Chavis to return the Palmetto State. If that fails, then Shane may have to get his Dad to help him pry Bud Foster off of his bass fishing boat on Smith Mountain Lake up in Virginia and bring his lunch pail down here to bail us out.

With that said, who are good Oline coaches available at this point?

Baylor hired and then fired Ryan Pugh from Troy as O-Line coach in one day this week, I don't know anything about him or why the Battling Baptists let him go but he should be available. It's not like we have a lot of options.

Since alot on here have ideas who they should be, what are everyones top 3 choices (be reasonable here, dont go for something we know wont happen).

OC - Garret Riley, Mike Yurich, GA Mangus/Spurrier Jr
DC - Zach Arnett, Chris Ash, Chad Staggs
Beamer already has the new DC’s staff in place. That was a huge mistake. Any DC worth hiring wants to have a say in his staff.

For DC - my guess would be Arnett, then Foster. Would love Freeman, but we aren't going to be in his zip code. Saw on another site that Foster was willing to come out of retirement to help Shane. We could do a lot worse.

For OC - have no clue who we can reasonably get. As for OL, is Coach Guge willing to come back....pleeeease!!

Reactions: WingchunCock
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT