ADVERTISEMENT

“U of SC” 🤮

Gamecock Lifer

GarnetTrust.com Member/Supporter
Gold Member
Oct 8, 2008
Am I the only one who hates this? Seems to be the University adopted thing lately. We have been USC my whole life, IDGAF if So Cal claims it, I do not like “U of SC”. “Old man shakes cane at sky and yells unintelligible things”

Am I the only one who hates this? Seems to be the University adopted thing lately. We have been USC my whole life, IDGAF if So Cal claims it, I do not like “U of SC”. “Old man shakes cane at sky and yells unintelligible things”

On this we can agree.

From the outside, it’s no big deal. UofSC doesn’t sound bad.

But, internally, we all know what it represents. Another submission by the university. A microcosm of not leading.

I graduated from USC.

I say UofSC primarily in derision.

When I think of the BOT, lack of vision, Magoo the AD, major men’s sports, I do think UofSC.

But, out here in Texas folks don’t say USC and aren’t aware of UofSC. They say Carolina or South Carolina and they def know Gamecocks!

I have a degree from both universities so IDGAF.

Reactions: scjohnny

I hate it as well, it was the epitome of letting the people say, “you’re not the real usc” win.

I don't like it because it's obviously done in deference to U of Southern California.

Has nothing to do with SoCal. SoCal stopped us from patenting the interlocking "SC" that is used in baseball. That's it.
I am not saying they made us change just saying that is what everyone nationally thinks of when you say USC. That is the most commonly brought up comment when we call ourselves USC, much like when we call ourselves “Carolina”..

I am not saying they made us change just saying that is what everyone nationally thinks of when you say USC. That is the most commonly brought up comment when we call ourselves USC, much like when we call ourselves “Carolina”..
“Carolina “ will always denote The University of South Carolina

It's a off brand political make over. I will not use it.
Create a more visible USC logo. Fire these brand consultants.

No problem with it. I was speaking with some law students recently and they were using it and it sounded very organic. In a few years it will all makes sense in terms of branding and people that heard USC their whole lives won’t care either.

And if you do care years from now, life must be really good because you’ll have nothing else in the world to worry about.

Just find a new school already. At least give it a chance to catch on before you start your bitching.

Just kidding lol. I agree it sucks. The stuff this school does is beyond frustrating.

I've never like U "of" anything. I have a friend from AZ and whenever he talked "U of A," I always thought that sounded so dumb and I was thankful my school wasn't an "of." And now, here we are.

I don't care what the logo says, I will never refer to it as U of SC.

It could be worse. Miami is the “U.” They literally abbreviated the only part of any school name that is as generic as “of.” Just be glad we aren’t “The Of!”

I agree. It's the stupidest sound when they use it in the commercials.

Reactions: Gamecock Lifer
This is embarrassing. Fast Signs could've created a better logo. This looks like something a 7th grader would've come up with. Quasi-garnet color, hand-drawn looking font, subliminally looks like U Suck, doesn't roll of the tongue at all. Amateur hour as usual.

This is the worst idea since New Coke. 😒

Put me in the category of not liking it at all! Also, it is in a square block on emails from alumni association, etc. Just not thought out well, so plain

No problem with it. I was speaking with some law students recently and they were using it and it sounded very organic. In a few years it will all makes sense in terms of branding and people that heard USC their whole lives won’t care either.

And if you do care years from now, life must be really good because you’ll have nothing else in the world to worry about.
The young are more amenable to change, however hair-brained, and the old will die soon. So this regrafted brand will be firmly established within 10 years.

It's a off brand political make over. I will not use it.
Create a more visible USC logo. Fire these brand consultants.
Agree....create a logo that’s unmistakably USC Gamcocks. Surely some bright Marketing major create one and win some sort of contest.

I like it with “THE” UofSC. THE UNIVERSITY of SOUTH CAROLINA
Wasn't the University going that direction at one time. I remember a campaign regarding "The University of South Carolina." If so, we should've stuck with it, it has work for The Ohio State University....though they weren't able to trademark the work "The."

Wasn't the University going that direction at one time. I remember a campaign regarding "The University of South Carolina." If so, we should've stuck with it, it has work for The Ohio State University....though they weren't able to trademark the work "The."
It was "The USC", that was the campaign.

Reactions: vacock#

Just call the school what everybody else in the state calls you: "Sack Liner".

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT