ADVERTISEMENT

3 New Oline Starters

lawcalcock

Apr 8, 2016
Donnell Stanley at Center
Jordan Rhodes at left guard
Jovagnn Gwynn at right guard

Astounding this wasn't done at halftime. Once I saw Manos, a championship HS wrestler, get fork trucked in the first quarter, I was screaming for Stanley at Center. That of course would have meant Gwynn at guard. It also does not seem Manos made good protection calls. Yet another reason I don't understand moving Stanley. If you have a solid veteran center, you leave well enough alone.

Really makes you wonder what the coaches are focused on during the game. Like when unc shut us down up the middle, why did we not try to get the ball out in the flats with screens?
We did and got tackled for losses and very short gains. Screens don't work unless you threaten the defense vertically. Why would safeties and linebackers back out if all you throw is screens and 5 yard passes.

Really makes you wonder what the coaches are focused on during the game. Like when unc shut us down up the middle, why did we not try to get the ball out in the flats with screens?
Is this sarcasm? Surely it is since we threw about 90 screen passes in the flat all afternoon.

Reactions: rogue cock
We did and got tackled for losses and very short gains. Screens don't work unless you threaten the defense vertically. Why would safeties and linebackers back out if all you throw is screens and 5 yard passes.
Not sure what game you watched or maybe you don’t know what a screen pass is, but we threw about 10 the whole game, mainly in the first half and maybe 1 was for a loss. Most of em gained good yardage. For some reason we went vertical both running and throwing in the second half and you know the result. Screens, especially quick wr to the sidelines make lbs and safeties play the whole width of the field not just vertical

So you guys are saying Coach Wolford is playing his favorite guys and not the best guys?

We’ll see. I hope it’s a change for the better. Too bad preseason practices didn’t identify who should start. Maybe more of an attitude problem than talent?
Pillow fight practices tell you nothing.

If by 90 you mean 9, then you’re close. Otherwise you must’ve drank more than I did Saturday and that’s saying something
No dimwit. It was obviously an exaggeration as a response to what appeared to be sarcasm on your part. If you weren't being sarcastic then you must not have watched the game.

This has worried me for the last 2 years. Especially after Scar put on a clinic against Mizzo in the rain. He never saw another snap.
So OldWiseCock, are you saying Coach Wolford is playing guys he likes over better players? Playing favorites? That seems like what you are saying.

No dimwit. It was obviously an exaggeration as a response to what appeared to be sarcasm on your part. If you weren't being sarcastic then you must not have watched the game.
Dimwit? You sound super smart especially when you use such a big word, but then you have trouble understanding what you read? Hum. So perplexing. Here I’ll help you. You try to guess whether I’m being sarcastic this time and I’ll let you know if you get it right genius

We had an entire offseason to figure out who the best guys were at O-Line, and one game in the coaches have decided that they were wrong. My hopes for them being right the second time aren't too high. Not because of who they moved in/out, but because it seems they don't know what they're doing and are just throwing different combos in there just to see what will stick

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
We had an entire offseason to figure out who the best guys were at O-Line, and one game in the coaches have decided that they were wrong. My hopes for them being right the second time aren't too high. Not because of who they moved in/out, but because it seems they don't know what they're doing and are just throwing different combos in there just to see what will stick
So you are saying Coach Wolford is incompetent IYO...... right?

I'm saying that if you are completely overhauling your line after one game, not due to injuries, you did something majorly wrong all offseason.
Coach Wolford is who you mean there.
Understood.
His incompetence needs to be addressed.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT