ADVERTISEMENT

Aerial view of work around Williams Brice stadium.

I disagree. He's entitled to his opinion. I happen to agree with him too. Tell you what, though. Go Google aerial shots of University of Colorado's stadium, or UGA's stadium or even Clemp's. Then, look at an aerial of ours.
Well I did google ours and I went a step farther and showed what it used to look like and then combined the two to show how far we have come. Now keep in mind the after shot was before the work on the apron of WB was started so this gif will need updating when everything is finished. And its only going to keep getting better when all of the trees you see start to mature in the coming years.
Progress.gif

d
Well I did google ours and I went a step farther and showed what it used to look like and then combined the two to show how far we have come. Now keep in mind the after shot was before the work on the apron of WB was started so this gif will need updating when everything is finished. And its only going to keep getting better when all of the trees you see start to mature in the coming years.
Progress.gif
Very nice. Improvements are definitely being made. I realize 1 pic was in Oct and the other in March when everything is brown. Nevertheless, it's looking much better.

Going away from W-B down Bluff Road will always be industrial, at least during our lifetime. But, going up Assembly from W-B towards downtown is an improvement that's very doable. It would be cool if they had some type of train or trolley constantly running up and down the middle of a beautified Assembly lined with shops, cafes and bars between W-B and the Coliseum on game day. I would contribute towards something like that.

Last edited:
Off-campus is better. Less traffic, easier parking, plus there are many ways to shuttle to the stadium from places like the Colonial Life lots, etc.

Columbia is in a city and the green we've added is awesome, but we're still in a city that's growing exponentially, so we're never going to have the traditional scenic views. And I like it that way.

If you prefer farmland and nothing to do, Clemson is way better. There are about two bars and some chain pizza places in Clempson. I'll take Columbia literally any day of the week.

Reactions: cockhornleghorn
And you think the traffic in Cola after games is a piece of cake? How about when a train rolls through?

I'll take the scenery and setting over a commercial district everyday. Besides, if you're a student you walk back. If you're an alum you can stroll the campus and relive memories while traffic dies down. Everyone has their preferences.

You gotta admit CU Boulder is one beautiful setting.

Traffic before and after USC games isn't bad at all. As far as staying after the game until traffic dies down; some people want to do other things with their day besides tailgate after the football game. I go for the game; tailgating is just a side attraction.

My pleasure!

I think the current work around the stadium is probably the biggest improvement since the adding of the upper decks. I am very excited about this upgrade and can't wait to see it.

I would agree that the recent upgrades, Gamecock Park, and current upgrades taking place around, WB, have had the biggest impact, aesthetically speaking, than any other upgrades since the addition of the upper decks.

The shot of WB in the OP is simply beautiful.

Reactions: Brucifer
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT