ADVERTISEMENT

Beamer after a win

sclawman77

Jun 27, 2011
I'm going to say this as respectfully as possible but can we do away with insisting the kids get right in front of the camera after every win (even if they aren't occurring that often). I get it. Great husband and father and wants to project that image but maybe bring them out if we win a bowl game. I have nothing against his family but it just looks so staged.

I never thought it looked staged at all. Just looks normal to me.

From day 1, his family- and the families of other coaches have been welcomed with open arms around the football program.

I never thought it looked staged at all. Just looks normal to me.

From day 1, his family- and the families of other coaches have been welcomed with open arms around the football program.
Fair enough. Maybe staged was the wrong word to use. I do think he's a legit family man as I stated. You just don't see many coaches have their family run out right away after every win to join the coach with tv/radio interviews

Fair enough. Maybe staged was the wrong word to use. I do think he's a legit family man as I stated. You just don't see many coaches have their family run out right away after every win to join the coach with tv/radio interviews
Does his wife come out? I don't recall seeing her. And I'd recognize her because she resembles Jennifer Connally. But I get your point and agree with it.

Does his wife come out? I don't recall seeing her. And I'd recognize her because she resembles Jennifer Connally. But I get your point and agree with it.
Nah. Just the kids. I guess if we were winning 10+ games a year and beating Clemson regularly I wouldn't care if Frank and his wife joined them lol. So I'm probably nit picking.

if his kids love sports, it's probably the highlight of their year to be able to run to their dad and hug him on the field after a win. They sure do look like they are enjoying every second of it.

Some coaches don't want their kids around. Beamer does.

That's a good thing.

I think someone is really, really, really reaching to try to paint a coach enjoying a win with his kids as a negative.

Reactions: HANKJONES22
if his kids love sports, it's probably the highlight of their year to be able to run to their dad and hug him on the field after a win. They sure do look like they are enjoying every second of it.

Some coaches don't want their kids around. Beamer does.

That's a good thing.

I think someone is really, really, really reaching to try to paint a coach enjoying a win with his kids as a negative.
Before you get up on your high horse, read my previous post about nit picking. And I've been critical and respectful at the same time.

Before you get up on your high horse, read my previous post about nit picking. And I've been critical and respectful at the same time.

I don't think I am getting on my high horse. You created the topic.

I simply said I think Beamer's kids enjoy it- they sure look like they do - Beamer enjoys it- he sure looks like he does - and I don't see any negative at all with it. Anyone that listens to Beamer talk, he mentions his kids a lot and what they are doing, and recently mentioned they'd be jumping on him for using a bad word in public.

Shane has said, he grew up being on the field with his dad as much as possible. He wouldn't be the first coach that was brought up around a sport who also is bringing up his own children the same way.

I mean, it's been a bit but I can't imagine how excited and how great it would have been if my father had been a college ball coach and after wins I got to run on the field and hug him and celebrate with him and his team. A kid's dream come true.

I can't pretend I'd know what it feels like to grow up like that but I can imagine every chance I got to do it would have been magical- and as someone who use to intentionally take my kids (one at a time) on out of town job trips with me at least 2-3 times a year, I'd have had my kids right there with me every possible chance if I had been a college coach.

If someone thought it was "staged," they have a right to their opinion but they would have been 100% wrong.

I'm going to say this as respectfully as possible but can we do away with insisting the kids get right in front of the camera after every win (even if they aren't occurring that often). I get it. Great husband and father and wants to project that image but maybe bring them out if we win a bowl game. I have nothing against his family but it just looks so staged.
Staged? It looks totally like he loves his family. That's an odd take and I see the taters on here loved what you said.

Staged? It looks totally like he loves his family. That's an odd take and I see the taters on here loved what you said.

Meh. It looks completley like one of those things that is spontaneous and sign of a great man when it's our coach and staged and silly when it's someone else's coach.

Someone is having a bad day
I’m actually having an excellent day, sitting on my boat drinking a beer, catching some fish. I just think you’re a 🤡 and a sorry gamecock fan. Have some pride. Your negative based comments create misfortune.

I’m actually having an excellent day, sitting on my boat drinking a beer, catching some fish. I just think you’re a 🤡 and a sorry gamecock fan. Have some pride. Your negative based comments create misfortune.

I would encourage you to have the same. If you’re proud of 5-7 and looking worse next year, I don’t think you have much pride.

You clearly don’t know what trolling is if you mean this.*

* unless you’re trolling
Have you ever made a post about Carolina football that was not complaining or negative? Maybe you have. I am not here every day. I have read many of your post and they are all pretty much the same type of crap post. Show me where I missed your post where you were not negative or bitching.

Have you ever made a post about Carolina football that was not complaining or negative? Maybe you have. I am not here every day. I have read many of your post and they are all pretty much the same type of crap post. Show me where I missed your post where you were not negative or bitching.

Yes, I’ve had an account for 20+ years. It would track that I was more positive in the past and more negative now that our program is in the worst shape it’s been in during those 20 years…

Yes, I’ve had an account for 20+ years. It would track that I was more positive in the past and more negative now that our program is in the worst shape it’s been in during those 20 years…
But you were complaining last season while we were beating Top 10 teams. How does that work?

But you were complaining last season while we were beating Top 10 teams. How does that work?

Because I correctly saw that they were smoke and mirrors and not actually representative of the state or the program.

I’m a troll for being right?

Because I correctly saw that they were smoke and mirrors and not actually representative of the state or the program.

I’m a troll for being right?
So beating a Top 5 UT team and a Top 10 Clemson was a smoke and mirrors show? How does that work? In both of those games, both sides of the ball played very well. Actually, they did in the bowl game too. We just came up a little short in the end against ND.

Reactions: Robhawk29
So beating a Top 5 UT team and a Top 10 Clemson was a smoke and mirrors show? How does that work? In both of those games, both sides of the ball played very well. Actually, they did in the bowl game too. We just came up a little short in the end against ND.

Notre Dame beat us with a backup QB that gave up football to play lacrosse.

It’s weird that for a two week stretch we played like a top 10 team but for the other 37 weeks we’ve played like a .500 team. Reasonable people would say that two week stretch was a statistical outlier and the norm would be represented by the other 37 weeks.

Notre Dame beat us with a backup QB that gave up football to play lacrosse.

It’s weird that for a two week stretch we played like a top 10 team but for the other 37 weeks we’ve played like a .500 team. Reasonable people would say that two week stretch was a statistical outlier and the norm would be represented by the other 37 weeks.
I don't follow? Beamer has right around the same number of wins in SEC play in his first 3 years as both Spurrier and Muschamp. That would place him as one of our most successful football coaches in history over the same time period. Why would the AD fire him today?

I don't follow? Beamer has right around the same number of wins in SEC play in his first 3 years as both Spurrier and Muschamp. That would place him as one of our most successful football coaches in history over the same time period. Why would the AD fire him today?

What is your W-L prediction for next year?

What is your W-L prediction for next year?
Who knows? In this new era of the NIL, you now have almost a completely different team each year if you're a team caught in the middle like we are. Teams like Alabama and Liberty are pretty confident of what most of their team will look like. Alabama sits on the top of the mountain and Liberty isn't having to buy their players. We unfortunately are in a different position and that is difficult if you're Beamer. I think he deserves some slack for being the first coach to deal with this absolute madness.

Futhermore, I wish the AD would speak out about the NIL and allow Beamer to do the same. If nothing else, it would serve as a rallying cry for our fans who are frustrated. If they want a good team and are hyperfocused on our Win-Loss record, then open your wallet - not your pothole. You have to buy good talent now if you're in the SEC and good players don't grow on trees like they do in Athens.

Last edited:
Who knows? In this new era of the NIL, you now have almost a completely different team each year if you're a team caught in the middle like we are. Teams like Alabama and Liberty are pretty confident of what most of their team will look like. Alabama sits on the top of the mountain and Liberty isn't having to buy their players. We unfortunately are in a different position and that is difficult if you're Beamer. I think he deserves some slack for being the first coach to deal with this absolute madness.

Futhermore, I wish the AD would speak out about the NIL and allow Beamer to do the same. If nothing else, it would serve as a rallying cry for our fans who are frustrated. If they want a good team and are hyperfocused on our Win-Loss record, then open your wallet - not your pothole. You have to buy good talent now if you're in the SEC and good players don't grow on trees like they do in Athens.

Agree. Anyone who uses Gamecock Football as a proxy for happiness is going to have a hard time of it. This is especially true in the NIL era.

I'm just confused as to what any long-term history Gamecock Football fan is leaning on when they argue against what Beamer has done his first three seasons? Overall, we've averaged 3.4 wins a year since becoming members of the SEC over 30 years ago.

Last edited:
Who knows? In this new era of the NIL, you now have almost a completely different team each year if you're a team caught in the middle like we are.

So we just don't have any expectations anymore? If that's the case why do you care who our coach is? Just based on our history it's unlikely anyone would do worse than what Beamer is doing right now. We're better than Kentucky/Vanderbilt/gimme OOCs and worse than everyone else.

If they want a good team and are hyperfocused on our Win-Loss record, then open your wallet - not your pothole. You have to buy good talent now if you're in the SEC and good players don't grow on trees like they do in Athens.

Didn't A&M buy more talent than anyone? How did it work out for them? You need quality coaches, not just talent.

So we just don't have any expectations anymore? If that's the case why do you care who our coach is? Just based on our history it's unlikely anyone would do worse than what Beamer is doing right now. We're better than Kentucky/Vanderbilt/gimme OOCs and worse than everyone else.

Didn't A&M buy more talent than anyone? How did it work out for them? You need quality coaches, not just talent.

Watson, you don't just switch out head coaches like musical chairs. We can't afford to. You have to let Beamer fail first.

A&M was poorly coached by an individual who had little incentive or desire to succeed. In fact, he had 77 million reasons to purposely fail.

In contract, Beamer dealt with the toughest schedule in the nation and was 10-2 in 1st quarters. That's not indicative of bad coaching or bad game plans. It's indicative of talent and/or conditioning issues.

Lock or kill this thread already. Didn't expect it to be so divisive. If Shane wins a ton of games next year, invite the in-laws out there on the field for all I care.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT