ADVERTISEMENT

Beamer and a QB room that is stocked

StillCluckin

Sep 14, 2017
I posted before Christmas about Beamer and fixing the most important piece of the team - QB. What I nor anyone else anticipated was Dak Joyner doing what he did. This ought to make every darn Gamecock fan just a bit more stoked going into next year.

In 21' our QB room looked like this.....

Doty 4-.5.8 3 total starts prior to season. Presumed dual threat starter. Foot injury slows his progress.
Noland 2 - 5.4 4 starts. Enough has been said about Zeb - Thank you
Brown 2 5.x FCS starts. Played as hard as he could and should be proud. VA Tech bound ? Jason Brown helped this program tremendously.
Gauthier 4 5.8 True Freshman
Helfrich Walk on
---------------------------
Joyner 4 5.8 - Coach said if we questioned anything it ought to be why Joyner wasn't a viable option earlier in the season...I'll let that one lie.

In 22' it looks like this....

Rattler 5 6.1 - Don't kid your self - he doesn't need to be coached. 15+ Starts. Go look at this highlights, stats, ratings, etc.
Joyner 4 5.8 - Capturing the bowl MVP can do wonders for a man's confidence. Couldn't have come at a better time.
Doty 4-5.9 - Luke's got his work cut out for him and that's good for all...and he's got 7 starts under his belt.
Gauthier 4-5.8. Don't know about Gauthier to comment.
Bailey 4 5.8 True Freshman - Haven't seen enough of him to comment.
Davis 3 5.6 True Freshman - Tall and looks like he was made to run this type of offense.

QB was a major league problem walking into 21'. The offense simply had no spark plug playing "point guard." Not the case anymore.
Maybe...just maybe...the worm is turning.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News