ADVERTISEMENT

USC @ A&M: How bad is it gonna be, and hows 2-6 gonna feel?

Bucs90

Sep 22, 2019
A&M is coming off a bye week, and had back to back super close losses to Bama and Tennessee, both games they coulda/shoulda won. They have an NFL D line. Which pretty much end’s our chances of a win. But their QB is out. So how bad will it be? I see A&M wins 28-10. Their offense is struggling lately.

And how will 2-6 feel? We havent been 2-6 in a non-Covid season since……????? We started 2-6 in the SEC-only 10 game schedule in 2020. Other than Covid season….I think this will be the worst start since 1999. Should finish better than 2015 and 2020 though, so we may tie 2019 at 4-8 as the worst Gamecocks teams of the millennium so far. Im not counting out an upset over UK or Clemson at home though so who knows

Last edited:
Yeah, no matter how bad it gets, I just cant imagine a home loss to Vandy or Jax State

Agreed.

So it would mean 4-6 and needing to beat UK and Clemson to qualify for a bowl.

I would not be confident.

Agreed.

So it would mean 4-6 and needing to beat UK and Clemson to qualify for a bowl.

I would not be confident.
Wouldn’t be shocked if we got Clemson. They’re in a funk and its at home. Kentucky has monsters on OL and DL, they’re gonna eat our lunch

Wouldn’t be shocked if we got Clemson. They’re in a funk and its at home. Kentucky has monsters on OL and DL, they’re gonna eat our lunch

Agreed again. From what I've seen, we can count on at least a couple clemson fumbles to aid us on our way too.

Agreed again. From what I've seen, we can count on at least a couple clemson fumbles to aid us on our way too.
Thats the one thing that could salvage 2023,
Beating Clemson. We MUST reestablish ourselves as the #1 team in SC for recruiting, we are too small a state to fill 2 top 25 programs so we have to win the 4/5 stars in SC when we get em. They’re very vulnerable right now as a program not just this 1 season, so winning 2 in a row accelerates their fall.

Thats the one thing that could salvage 2023,
Beating Clemson. We MUST reestablish ourselves as the #1 team in SC for recruiting, we are too small a state to fill 2 top 25 programs so we have to win the 4/5 stars in SC when we get em. They’re very vulnerable right now as a program not just this 1 season, so winning 2 in a row accelerates their fall.

Agreed.

I said many times, their issue was that headcase qb, but their issues run deeper. We have a window.

I just have little faith we'll take advantage.

That alone could salvage a 4 or 5 win season, imho.

Reactions: 92Pony
Agreed.

I said many times, their issue was that headcase qb, but their issues run deeper. We have a window.

I just have little faith we'll take advantage.

That alone could salvage a 4 or 5 win season, imho.

Exactly right. When the next Lattimore or Clowney recruits come through SC HS ball, we MUST get them to compete. Thats why Spurrier won so much, and we need Clemson to collapse back down, which they are. Their QB being insubordinate and calling his own plays is a major red flag that the staff is losing control. We can capitalize. 2023 is a disappointing bust of a season overall, but beating them can establish a foundation of retaking the state recruiting.

Reactions: Lurker123
A&M is coming off a bye week, and had back to back super close losses to Bama and Tennessee, both games they coulda/shoulda won. They have an NFL D line. Which pretty much end’s our chances of a win. But their QB is out. So how bad will it be? I see A&M wins 28-10. Their offense is struggling lately.

And how will 2-6 feel? We havent been 2-6 in a non-Covid season since……????? We started 2-6 in the SEC-only 10 game schedule in 2020. Other than Covid season….I think this will be the worst start since 1999. Should finish better than 2015 and 2020 though, so we may tie 2019 at 4-8 as the worst Gamecocks teams of the millennium so far. Im not counting out an upset over UK or Clemson at home though so who knows

Texas A & M was going to beat us regardless no matter what.

2-6 will feel slightly worse than 2-5.

Shane Beamer isn't going anywhere. We could be 2-19 and he's not going anywhere- not should he. He's fine.

This year is bad and going to get worse. Next year will not be great either. But Shane is here and that's not changing this year, or next year.

Now, please continue with the endless whining.

Texas A & M was going to beat us regardless no matter what.

2-6 will feel slightly worse than 2-5.

Shane Beamer isn't going anywhere. We could be 2-19 and he's not going anywhere- not should he. He's fine.

This year is bad and going to get worse. Next year will not be great either. But Shane is here and that's not changing this year, or next year.

Now, please continue with the endless whining.
So 4-8 this year.
And 4-8 next year.
Recruiting plummets.
Program declines steadily.
5-7 in 2025.

And we just accept it?

Ok. Guess we are a womens basketball and horse riding school. Ill just cheer for those I guess

A&M is very beatable. Starting qb is out. Team in turmoil.

They are strong where we are weak- along the lines.

A & M really doesn't have to do a lot to beat us. It doesn't require great plays.

We have serious depth issues that have added up.

I'm not saying we will lose 60-0. But they aren't beatable for this team right now.

So 4-8 this year.
And 4-8 next year.
Recruiting plummets.
Program declines steadily.
5-7 in 2025.

And we just accept it?

Ok. Guess we are a womens basketball and horse riding school. Ill just cheer for those I guess

I don't make record predictions. I am not good at it.

I don't think anyone accepts it. The coaches certainly don't. They are working every day to try to change our current reality.

It's just going to take some time based on our depth issues right now.

Wells is out. Brown looks like he might be out. Legette is questionable.

Rattler might have to throw to Rattler.

Shaping up to be a long day unless we can somehow serve up the unexpected.

Wells is out. Brown looks like he might be out. Legette is questionable.

Rattler might have to throw to Rattler.

Shaping up to be a long day unless we can somehow serve up the unexpected.

Found this on another site.

Bench a coach mid-season, make a miracle win. Sound familiar?

Reactions: Ward Jr
They are strong where we are weak- along the lines.

A & M really doesn't have to do a lot to beat us. It doesn't require great plays.

We have serious depth issues that have added up.

I'm not saying we will lose 60-0. But they aren't beatable for this team right now.

Yep absolutely not beatable. They have NFL guys all in the front 7. Even when healthy we cant pass block at all. Our 2 top WRs are out. Its gonna be loud so no changing up snap count to slow em down.

Rattler legitimately may get sacked 10 times

Yep absolutely not beatable. They have NFL guys all in the front 7. Even when healthy we cant pass block at all. Our 2 top WRs are out. Its gonna be loud so no changing up snap count to slow em down.

Rattler legitimately may get sacked 10 times

of course not.

But there are a few true believers still out there and they'll learn the hard way on Saturday with another loss.

I'm going to enjoy the beatdown. It's worth it to watch some of the people posting on this board lose the tiny amount of brain they have left.

Last edited:
Actually in the words of a Great Band "BOSTON"
Its "More than a Feeling"!!

Easily one of the best albums of all time. Every song was a hit.

LZ was another great from that era. They recently remastered the famous 1973 NYC 3-day concert. Their stage swagger and instrument mastery is among the best ever. Page and Plant melt faces in this one below.

Maybe DeeDave can get us caught up on Taylor's activities soon...The consummate Swifty. :)

Last edited:
Easily one of the best albums of all time. Every song was a hit.

LZ was another great from that era. They recently remastered the famous 1973 NYC 3-day concert. Their stage swagger and instrument mastery is among the best ever. Page and Plant melt faces in this one below.

Maybe DeeDave can get us caught up on Taylor's activities soon...The consummate Swifty. :)

I heard DEEDAVE even bought a Kelce Jersey!!

Reactions: Ward Jr
For me the saddest part is that I just don't care. Beamer to me is like the cross between a cheerleader and Will Muschamp. Player development just isn't a thing here. It wasn't even that great when SOS was here.

Reactions: ky-usc2020
Have you SEEN us play?? At all??

Besides, we ARE the cure for what ails ya! TAMU will look like CFP material on Saturday. Mark it down while you're on your way to the bank with it.
Have you seen A&M play? Florida beat them badly. Y'all stayed within 2. I don't think you will win, but it isn't inconceivable. A&M isn't that good.

of course not.

But there are a few true believers still out there and they'll learn the hard way on Saturday with another loss.

I'm going to enjoy the beatdown. It's worth it to watch some of the people posting on this board lose the tiny amount of brain they have left.

At this point, Im actually a bit concerned with Jax State. They are 7-2

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT