ADVERTISEMENT

Beamer, just happy to be here.

I judge Beamer on his actual decisions. Right now he's for sure 0-2 in his initial coordinator hires. Then he doubled down and hired an OC with a history of failure. He spent all last year trying to force the ball to Jaheim Bell then lost him to the transfer portal. That wasn't just a money issue, it was a breakdown in relationship. Then he went out and spent his recruiting budget on a player who doesn't even want to play football.

What gives you hope about next year? I know you're going to say "but he beat UT and Clemson!" but hopefully those arguments start to die out after UT reasserted that it was a fluke.

This is all conjecture on your part. The new OC has been here for a total of 5 games. Remind me of Muschamp's OC history?

You do understand these players are signing binding contracts with corporations? It's not like a coach can stop payments like a faucet.

Last edited:
Reactions: cockofdawn
We all want to win big. Got it. I want to retire at 55 too but guess what it a'int happening. Not because I haven't worked my ass off, just because it a'int happening. The college football world has changed and we aren't in the top tier. Sucks but reality often does. No surprise that Texas after years of utterly underachieving are now Top 5. They are a $$ factory. Money talks now more than ever. Put Knute Rockne, Vince Lombardi or any other HOF coach here right now and the results are predictable...about what you see. Reality bites. We can't buy enough players to win. Most professional leagues have teams with similar stories and college football is just a lower level professional league at this point.

We all want to win big. Got it. I want to retire at 55 too but guess what it a'int happening. Not because I haven't worked my ass off, just because it a'int happening. The college football world has changed and we aren't in the top tier. Sucks but reality often does. No surprise that Texas after years of utterly underachieving are now Top 5. They are a $$ factory. Money talks now more than ever. Put Knute Rockne, Vince Lombardi or any other HOF coach here right now and the results are predictable...about what you see. Reality bites. We can't buy enough players to win. Most professional leagues have teams with similar stories and college football is just a lower level professional league at this point.

Yeah which is why we need to hire someone like Chadwell who has a history of being a good coach. That gives us our best chance to win.

Yeah which is why we need to hire someone like Chadwell who has a history of being a good coach. That gives us our best chance to win.
Okay, maybe you are right but win what? 8 games? Maybe? How much is that worth spending for? Only gonna get worse when Texas and Oklahoma roll in and who knows who else. We have just slightly north of zero chance of winning the SEC and just slightly south of zero chance of winning a national title. The harsh truth maybe, convince me otherwise, I would love to go along.

If we take the position that we cannot afford to pay as much as other SEC teams, then we either throw up our hands and enjoy winning a few games a year. Or we make an attempt at hiring a staff that gets more out of less talent.

Is this staff aggressive enough to win consistently when they are "out talented"?

Reactions: uscwatson21
You absolutely hit the crux of the matter. How much is it worth to play knowing you can never win it all?? I think the question is a lot bigger than Beamer or no Beamer. What does right look like for us (and many other have nots) in this new era of CFB? What does win consistently even mean for us now? 8 games, 9 games, 6 games?? You have to define the acceptable end state before you can say you were successful or not. Right?

Reactions: Lurker123
Okay, maybe you are right but win what? 8 games? Maybe? How much is that worth spending for? Only gonna get worse when Texas and Oklahoma roll in and who knows who else. We have just slightly north of zero chance of winning the SEC and just slightly south of zero chance of winning a national title. The harsh truth maybe, convince me otherwise, I would love to go along.

Is Shane worth the $7 million for this season or next season?

If we're just going to give up, why did we bother giving Beamer a raise this year?

As I said, the question is bigger than Beamer. What does right look like now? Its not about giving up, its about the current reality. You don't like Beamer, that is clear. What does reality right look like to you?? Chadwell and 7 wins? Somebody else and 8 wins? Beamer and 5 wins? What is the new bar? And what is it worth?

As I said, the question is bigger than Beamer. What does right look like now? Its not about giving up, its about the current reality. You don't like Beamer, that is clear. What does reality right look like to you?? Chadwell and 7 wins? Somebody else and 8 wins? Beamer and 5 wins? What is the new bar? And what is it worth?

Well now that's just downright depressing to think about.

I just want a coach I feel can outcoach other coaches and when the stars align, we have a real chance of having a great season.

You have no idea who I pull for and where I went to school. Oh yeah, grad school.
no-one-cares-nobody-cares.gif

Beamer‘s post game comments, the guy seemed like he really accomplished a win by covering the spread. “We can compete with anyone”. Personally, I would like it if he could win one against a power 5 team. (0-2), and he is happy. WOW. Dead last in the SEC, Dead last in points scored. Next to last in points allowed. The guy is a cheerleader..
Actually, you might consider him a BS'er.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT