ADVERTISEMENT

Beamer, just happy to be here.

Like? You've repeatedly criticized the team and anyone who supports the team. I've reviewed your comments above. Humor me and revisit your salient point which I've overlooked in this discussion.

I genuinely wonder if you realize how often you shift the arguments after your previous position has been refuted.

Reactions: cockofdawn
I genuinely wonder if you realize how often you shift the arguments after your previous position has been refuted.

Why wonder when you can demonstrate how?

All it takes is copy and paste, yet you continue to deflect.

This is what happens when someone calls you out on your constant negativity.

Anyone could have done this. I was just bored enough to accommodate.

Reactions: cockofdawn
The score spread over the course of those five years was the worst in USC history and by a significant margin.

{from above}

In our last six games, we've played 5 ranked teams and been competitive in all of them. This includes 2 wins against top 10 opponents, a bowl game we should have won and a pretty close call against #1 last week.

When did a Will Muschamp team do anything close to that?

Muschamp also didn't have to deal with the NIL or a no-wait portal. He wasn't losing the Bells and Lloyds and was still horrific.

Don't necessarily disagree, but again, we're talking a "top ten" clemson team that didn't go to the playoffs, much less win the playoffs. They didn't finish in the top ten, and didn't even win their bowl game.

As much as it was a great win for us, that team was not a title contender being led by a "generational quarterback".

In all honesty, we've had a good laugh at what clemson looks like without a generational qb, so I disagree with contending they are they at the same level.

That being said, I stop following you and Watson bouncing all over the place. But now I know how the rest of the board feels when I'm spinning up Mrs. Satterfield.

Why wonder when you can demonstrate how?

All it takes is copy and paste, yet you continue to deflect.

This is what happens when someone calls you out on your constant negativity.

Anyone could have done this. I was just bored enough to accommodate.

I look forward to you trying to wiggle yourself out of this one.

Here is an example of you making an argument. Me refuting it. Then you accusing me of shifting the argument (thus you, yourself shfiting the argument) when you're the one who brought it up.
Muschamp's teams also aged like a bad wine. There was no player development whatsoever. The idea that Beamer is going to be worse from this point forward is unlikely.

Plenty of players developed under Muschamp. He turned a WR recruit from a 1A high school into an NFL draft pick in Darius Rush.

Now your argument is again shifting.

------

You started with >> Muschamp was the better coach to date. That failed.

Shifted to fortune telling >> "In the next 2-3 years, Beamer will fail..."

And Now >> "Player Development" This is your weakest yet. Look how many players regressed under Muschamp's watch. That was one of the biggest complaints everyone had of him.

What in the world? Responding to your comment about player development is me shifting the argument?

But you seem incapable of admitting you're wrong.

Don't necessarily disagree, but again, we're talking a "top ten" clemson team that didn't go to the playoffs, much less win the playoffs. They didn't finish in the top ten, and didn't even win their bowl game.

As much as it was a great win for us, that team was not a title contender being led by a "generational quarterback".

In all honesty, we've had a good laugh at what clemson looks like without a generational qb, so I disagree with contending they are they at the same level.

That being said, I stop following you and Watson bouncing all over the place. But now I know how the rest of the board feels when I'm spinning up Mrs. Satterfield.

Ha.

Muschamp had 5 shots at CU over the course of his career and couldn't do anything. (Actually, 4 but the team at the end of year 5 looked exactly like it did before he got fired.) I would agree Clemson probably a little better team in some of those games. But Muschamp had 10 halves of play and got crushed in nine of them.

We beat a red hot #5 UT team by 25pts whose only other loss for the season was to the 2x NC in their stadium. The week following, we didn't experience the traditional "Gamecock Letdown" and beat #8 CU in their home stadium. Clemson then turns around and crushes UNC in the ACC Championship. CU's losses last year were to Notre Dame, us and that same UT team. They had 5-stars all over the field and the same coach who won those titles.

For the sake of discussion, replace CU with any decent team during Muschamp's 5 year tenure. He never beat anyone of relevance back-to-back in close to 60 games.

Last edited:
I look forward to you trying to wiggle yourself out of this one.

Here is an example of you making an argument. Me refuting it. Then you accusing me of shifting the argument (thus you, yourself shfiting the argument) when you're the one who brought it up.

But you seem incapable of admitting you're wrong.

What? So now we're an NFL prep outfit? If you remember correctly, by the end of Year 3 - most all of the fanbase could not figure out why the team couldn't block, tackle or catch with any consistency. He was legendary in that regard.

We've had plenty of talented self-starters over the years who have made it in spite crappy coaching. You can go back decades. Please don't tell me you're hanging your hat on a few players who made it through the abyss? Overall, player development was horrible under Muschamp and our weekly performance reflected that.

For the sake of discussion, replace CU with any decent team during Muschamp's 5 year tenure. He never beat anyone of relevance back-to-back in close to 60 games.

To be fair, I don't remember him ever doing it either.

Reactions: Ward Jr
What? So now we're an NFL prep outfit? If you remember correctly, by the end of Year 3 - most all of the fanbase could not figure out why the team couldn't block, tackle or catch with any consistency. He was legendary in that regard.

We've had plenty of talented self-starters over the years who have made it in spite crappy coaching. You can go back decades. Please don't tell me you're hanging your hat on a few players who made it through the abyss? Overall, player development was horrible under Muschamp and our weekly performance reflected that.

This entire post is about how you just shift the argument when you've been refuted lol. You just can't help yourself.

To be fair, I don't remember him ever doing it either.

The irony of this argument is that Muschamp only played back-to-back games against top 10 teams once, and when he did he beat #3 UGA and was up 20-17 going into the fourth quarter the next game against UF.

And both those teams actually finished the season in the top 10 unlike our opponents last year.

The irony of this argument is that Muschamp only played back-to-back games against top 10 teams once, and when he did he beat #3 UGA and was up 20-17 going into the fourth quarter the next game against UF.

And both those teams actually finished the season in the top 10 unlike our opponents last year.

Your memory is better than mine. That wasn't coming to mind.

You're referring to our 4-8 team of 2019 when we lost by 11 to UF the following game?

OK.

This entire post is about how you just shift the argument when you've been refuted lol. You just can't help yourself.

That's what happened. In retrospect, we paid Muschamp over $40mil and it was well deserved. Just look at the handful of players who made it to the next level over the course of 5 years.

OK.

Muschamp was and is a proven loser as a Head Coach. Beamer, on the other hand, has overachieved in each of his first 2 seasons here. Those are undeniable facts. He was left a mess of a program by Muschamp. Yet, Beamer has won games against much more talented teams since he has been here, resulting in a TOP 25 finish here in only his 2nd year. And in his 3rd season here, thus far, the only losses will have been to what will be now 2 Top 15 unbeaten teams, including playing the defending national champions off their feet at their place.

I was NOT a fan of the Beamer hire. But I am more and more liking it. To not realize it will take time for Beamer to build the program as he wants it, is unrealistic. In the 2024 class, we only have 15 commitments. Thus we have room to add more recruits. Of the 15 current commitments, 13 of them are rated a 4 star by at least one of the four recruiting services. I like the direction of the program under Beamer. And, again, that comes from someone who was opposed to the hire in the beginning.

Muschamp was and is a proven loser as a Head Coach. Beamer, on the other hand, has overachieved in each of his first 2 seasons here. Those are undeniable facts. He was left a mess of a program by Muschamp. Yet, Beamer has won games against much more talented teams since he has been here, resulting in a TOP 25 finish here in only his 2nd year.
You can literally switch out Beamer's name with Muschamp here. The only difference is the top 25 ranking and that was just poor from the AP pollsters who had us 27th.

At this point in the Muschamp tenure we all thought he was going to be successful here.

Beamer struck gold with this prior relationship with Spencer Rattler. Spencer Rattler is the reason we won those big games last year. With better coaching, we would have won more of those games last year.

You guys are just setting yourself up for a lot of heartbreak when Spencer leaves because another Rattler isn't walking through that door.

You can literally switch out Beamer's name with Muschamp here. The only difference is the top 25 ranking and that was just poor from the AP pollsters who had us 27th.

At this point in the Muschamp tenure we all thought he was going to be successful here.

Beamer struck gold with this prior relationship with Spencer Rattler. Spencer Rattler is the reason we won those big games last year. With better coaching, we would have won more of those games last year.

You guys are just setting yourself up for a lot of heartbreak when Spencer leaves because another Rattler isn't walking through that door.
Then maybe, just maybe, USC will lose 8-10 a year and your miserable ass will finally be happy!! Good luck with your happiness. Until then. Say “GO COCKS”!!

Reactions: FORKCOCK

A lot of development went into Rattler last year. They mentioned it in the broadcast last night. We saw it last year, and he looks sharp this year. He was a train wreck when he got here. Lots of raw talent, but he had been benched at Oklahoma and nobody was upset he transferred.

Beamer and staff have done a phenomenal job no at just bringing in players, but at player development. That's something Muschamp NEVER did, along with beat Clemson.

Then maybe, just maybe, USC will lose 8-10 a year and your miserable ass will finally be happy!! Good luck with your happiness. Until then. Say “GO COCKS”!!

Trust me. It doesn't make me happy knowing we will have to start over again and go through a rebuild.

Honestly, not sure why anybody is talking about winning out, we are completely one-dimensional right now and not sure it can be fixed this year. There is zero chance we win out, let be realists here. The problem with "don't see any that are definite losses" is that it means that none of them are definite wins either. We should beat Jax St and Vandy unless one of those is our "fall flat" game, so there are 7 other games that we "could" lose. I think we will be the underdog in at least 4 of those, who knows by then, so let's be rational and say we win half of the 7 (+/-). If we win over half of them (4 games) and win the two we should win, that makes us 7-5 for the regular season. Is that ok? If we win less than half of them (3 games) we would be 6-6, is that ok? Unless we get a running game I would lean right now to more than likely losing 4 of the 7, and finishing 6-6. Call it what you like, that is mediocre, but is it ok? Time will tell if we play better as the year progresses, like last year, and even so, will that result in W's?
To be 100% honest with you, if you put sports into perspective, we could lose every game, as we have before, and it will be ok. There are just so many things in life that overshadow sports. As you age, you learn these things.

Oh I don't think so. I did not think Muschamp was going to be successful because I was awake during Muschamp's tenure as Florida Head Coach. We have no reason to believe Beamer will fail here. We had all the reason in the world to think that of Muschamp. And Beamer's team finished 23rd in both the AP and the Coaches polls.

The fact is that Beamer's team overachieved last year as no one expected us to beat Tennessee and Clemson. No one expected us to finish in the Top 25. No one expected us to go to a bowl in Beamer's first season here and win it. And we did not have Rattler then.

I think we will take a step backwards this year. Still the only games we have lost thus far are to nationally-ranked teams.

YOU are setting yourself up for eating your words.

You lost to us and you lost to Duke. Maybe you should go to the Florida Atlantic board and talk crap.
Right, like USC is a big powerhouse and people should shudder when they hear the name. You have no idea who I pull for and where I went to school. Oh yeah, grad school. Did you even attend college?

But to your point, there is a low probability that we win out. But when you look at any of the games we play, I don't see any that are definite losses. Rattler should keep us in every game and give us a chance to win. But as a realist, I know that we always have at least one inexplicable game where we fall flat for some unknown reason.
I agree with this. Not saying we will, but IMO the 3 best teams on our schedule were UGA, UT and UNC. Based on games we’ve seen, the best remaining team is Kentucky, then A&M and Clemson.

I personally never see us powering into the Top 10 on any consistent basis. We might be able to kiss it now and again. However, our tradition, TV market, and deep pockets just aren't there.

Beamer's approach to coaching has kept things far more interesting that Muschamp's power football mentality. His 2023 recruiting class was good and on par with some of the better we've ever had. The enthusiasm is there. I just don't believe we're in the era where you go out and try to find the perfect head coach anymore and pay him a fortune. It's MoneyBall season now.

I'm hoping the playoffs eventually move to 16 teams - 6 conference champs, 10 wild cards. That might give us an outside chance on occasion to play in a meaningful post season.
We aren't going to ever kiss top 10 with Beamer, that's looking pretty certain.

By next season if we aren’t at least in the top25, then……… I think it’s time to make some pretty
BIG staffing changes.

If it weren’t for the TN and Clem win last year I think most fans would be 10 times more antsy right now and ready to activate the heaters on certain chairs at the athletic department.

By next season if we aren’t at least in the top25, then……… I think it’s time to make some pretty
BIG staffing changes.

If it weren’t for the TN and Clem win last year I think most fans would be 10 times more antsy right now and ready to activate the heaters on certain chairs at the athletic department.

Yeah the UT and Clemson wins really allowed the majority of fans to stick their heads in the sand at the problems.

Yeah the UT and Clemson wins really allowed the majority of fans to stick their heads in the sand at the problems.

We've been in the SEC since 1991. None of the coaches prior to Beamer had to deal with big money schools poaching players. Who in our storied history are you using as a metric for success after 2 seasons and 4 games?

We've been in the SEC since 1991. None of the coaches prior to Beamer had to deal with big money schools poaching players. Who in our storied history are you using as a metric for success after 2 seasons and 4 games?

None of them could buy players either. Beamer is very fortunate right now. He has an advantage over every other coach in our past.

He's buying from smaller schools and getting his best players taken from larger ones. How is that fortunate?

He’s the one who decided Burch and Edmond weren’t worth the money. Seems like you don’t realize how his ego is hurting us.

• Angry
Reactions: stu1cocks
Beamer‘s post game comments, the guy seemed like he really accomplished a win by covering the spread. “We can compete with anyone”. Personally, I would like it if he could win one against a power 5 team. (0-2), and he is happy. WOW. Dead last in the SEC, Dead last in points scored. Next to last in points allowed. The guy is a cheerleader..
Bull Honkeys. With Players out with injury, the total team performance is seriously deteriorated. It’s not a coaching thing. We’re building a bench. And the players now in are giving it their all.

Quit whining.

Beamer is fine. If we don't win another game, he's fine.

Whiners. It's like church preschool in here with all the complaining.

He’s the one who decided Burch and Edmond weren’t worth the money. Seems like you don’t realize how his ego is hurting us.

So he's dealing with a limited budget, right? You do realize schools like Tennessee and A&M have NIL budget over 10x what he has?

Circling back - What coach in USC's history is the bar which you are using to measure his success to date?

So he's dealing with a limited budget, right? You do realize schools like Tennessee and A&M have NIL budget over 10x what he has?

And? We just give up and quit caring how our head coach performs?

Circling back - What coach in USC's history is the bar which you are using to measure his success to date?

I'm measuring him with Muschamp and it's not going so well for him.

And? We just give up and quit caring how our head coach performs?

I'm measuring him with Muschamp and it's not going so well for him.

How do you accurately gauge how a coach is performing with the NIL and portal situation? Even if you omit the NIL/Portal, Beamer's performance looks just like every other coach we've had after 2 years and a couple of games.

You're baiting with Muschamp. Not going there again. Muschamp beat no one until he slipped up and defeated UGA during a 4-8 season.

Last edited:
How do you accurately gauge how a coach is performing with the NIL and portal situation? Even if you omit the NIL/Portal, Beamer's performance looks just like every other coach we've had after 2 years and a couple of games.

You're baiting with Muschamp. Not going there again. Muschamp beat no one until he slipped up and beat UGA during an 4-8 season.

I judge Beamer on his actual decisions. Right now he's for sure 0-2 in his initial coordinator hires. Then he doubled down and hired an OC with a history of failure. He spent all last year trying to force the ball to Jaheim Bell then lost him to the transfer portal. That wasn't just a money issue, it was a breakdown in relationship. Then he went out and spent his recruiting budget on a player who doesn't even want to play football.

What gives you hope about next year? I know you're going to say "but he beat UT and Clemson!" but hopefully those arguments start to die out after UT reasserted that it was a fluke.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT