ADVERTISEMENT

Bobo OUT at Auburn per DC

Yet they went from 2-10 to 10-4 with a trip to the conference championship and a bowl.
It obviously was not because of the offense. Just like here this season, when the defense had to bail out the offense against mid-majors East Carolina, Troy, lowly Vanderbilt and Auburn, I suspect that happened often at Temple in that 10-4 season.

Reactions: Dizzy01
Satterfield ain't going nowhere. He inherited a mess that got worse with injuries. Beamer will give him a fair chance to prove himself with some players that they bring in.
He inherited a mess and made it worse. Somehow last season with another FCS scrub QB and an all SEC schedule we managed to have a higher ranked offense. It’s pretty impressive the level of ineptitude he was able to produce in such a short period of time.

You have to be a deep cover tater troll. No Gamecock and I mean absolutely no true Gamecock believes that.

It's absolutely true. Bobo brought his own veteran QB and had Smith and a healthy Harris. And then a healthy Doty to fall back on when his QB flopped. And he had the Josh Vann too.

Give Bobo this year's team with all the injuries, and we are lucky to win a single SEC game and probably drop 1 or 2 of the other 3 games we won.

Reactions: myrtlecock
He inherited a mess and made it worse. Somehow last season with another FCS scrub QB and an all SEC schedule we managed to have a higher ranked offense. It’s pretty impressive the level of ineptitude he was able to produce in such a short period of time.

Wrong. Hill was not FCS. He was 3 star out of high school plagued by injuries at Colorado St. but had a lot of experience and been in Bobo's system for years. And Bobo benched a 4 star Hilinski to play him. And he had Doty, another 4 star, to fall back on who was serviceable as a freshman. And he had a healthy Harris and an NFL quality receiver in Shi Smith. And he had Josh Vann too.

Satterfield had an injured Doty, a 2 star Noland that ended up FCS and was really a grad assistant coach, and a 0 star Brown that was FCS from the start. Gauthier was a 4 star, but a true freshman that is not ready to play. Harris was gimpy most of the season. No Shi Smith. Vann stepped up, but Bobo had Smith and Vann to work with.

There isn't an OC out there that could turn that mess into a good offense.

I think I know what you're saying. I think. But we ran the ball better last year than this year with a fair number of the same people. That was the extent of my focus.
I know what you're saying but Tank Bigsby would disagree with you.

I do not understand how anyone could look at Satterfield's performance as OC here and at Temple, yet still want him back next season. He has been OC 4 seasons and stunk it up both here and at Temple. One or two seasons maybe...... maybe might have been bad luck. But 3 seasons makes it a trend (and he has had 4 unproductive seasons as OC).

OL play was 1000% times better last year than this year. How much of that is on Satterfield I truly don't know.

But I will say that Bobo abandoning the run with Tank Bigsby single handedly lost the game for Auburn against both us and Alabama. Why the hell he started throwing the ball all over the place up 10-0 with like 10 minutes left is beyond me. The guy just out-smarts himself, and I use the word 'smart' very lightly. It's like if something is working he immediately abandons it. "They'll never see it coming!" lol Screw that guy.

I do not understand how anyone could look at Satterfield's performance as OC here and at Temple, yet still want him back next season. He has been OC 4 seasons and stunk it up both here and at Temple. One or two seasons maybe...... maybe might have been bad luck. But 3 seasons makes it a trend (and he has had 4 unproductive seasons as OC).

Yet, Ruhle didn't fire him. There is always more to the story than one stat.

But Tennessee Tech fired him after only 2 seasons as Head Coach. And Rhule did not make him OC at Baylor nor with the Panthers. Satterfield is a LOSER. WE deserve better.
If people looked at why Tech fired him they might would understand the rumors that fired up this year about turmoil in the locker room.

He got 3 years at Temple as Offensive Coordinator and never averaged over 400 yards of Total Offense in any of those years.

That was because of Matt Rhule not Satterfield . Why didn’t Rhule take him to Baylor?? Why did he hire Joe Brady when he went to the NFL ?? I think his success had a lot more to do with a great head coach .

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
Wrong. Hill was not FCS. He was 3 star out of high school plagued by injuries at Colorado St. but had a lot of experience and been in Bobo's system for years. And Bobo benched a 4 star Hilinski to play him. And he had Doty, another 4 star, to fall back on who was serviceable as a freshman. And he had a healthy Harris and an NFL quality receiver in Shi Smith. And he had Josh Vann too.

Satterfield had an injured Doty, a 2 star Noland that ended up FCS and was really a grad assistant coach, and a 0 star Brown that was FCS from the start. Gauthier was a 4 star, but a true freshman that is not ready to play. Harris was gimpy most of the season. No Shi Smith. Vann stepped up, but Bobo had Smith and Vann to work with.

There isn't an OC out there that could turn that mess into a good offense.
Benching Hilinski for Hill is not some indication of Hill’s ability. Hill never locked down the starting role at CSU and it wasn’t simply due to injury. Doty also didn’t prep at QB last year and played the position after spending most of the season playing WR and serviceable is being generous for a guy who threw more INTs than TDs. Harris was healthy and Smith had an amazing season for him but it wasn’t some kind of team changing performance.

While Noland also flopped at the lower level he had playing time at a D1 program where he was at least serviceable. While Harris was not the same guy he was last year he had access to White who posted very similar numbers to Harris last year yet went games at a time without a touch. In terms of stats there isn’t a significant difference in Vann and Smith.

Things weren’t any more stacked against Satterfield than anyone who came in under the prior staff but as bad as those performances were none of them compared to the lack of offense we saw last year.

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
I know what you're saying but Tank Bigsby would disagree with you.
Does not alter what was a year previous. Leading rusher in the SEC with roughly the same line we fielded this year. Besides, we don't know how much Harsin played into some of those decisions. That fourth down pass they threw incomplete late against us was not a typical Bobo call.

Yet, Ruhle didn't fire him. There is always more to the story than one stat.
There may be more to the story but he certainly took QB coaching away from him and later made him a TE coach and an assistant OL coach. There is obviously some connection to Rhule but it also looks like that connection may not be based on coaching ability.

Look for him to take an analyst job at a larger program or slide down to somewhere like the Sunbelt.

Benching Hilinski for Hill is not some indication of Hill’s ability. Hill never locked down the starting role at CSU and it wasn’t simply due to injury. Doty also didn’t prep at QB last year and played the position after spending most of the season playing WR and serviceable is being generous for a guy who threw more INTs than TDs. Harris was healthy and Smith had an amazing season for him but it wasn’t some kind of team changing performance.

While Noland also flopped at the lower level he had playing time at a D1 program where he was at least serviceable. While Harris was not the same guy he was last year he had access to White who posted very similar numbers to Harris last year yet went games at a time without a touch. In terms of stats there isn’t a significant difference in Vann and Smith.

Things weren’t any more stacked against Satterfield than anyone who came in under the prior staff but as bad as those performances were none of them compared to the lack of offense we saw last year.

Yes, they absolutely were more stacked against Satterfield. Given the choice, nobody would pick this year's team over last year's on offense. Way more talented and healthy. Not even close.

Bobo had all the big contributors on offense from this year AND Hill AND Hilinski AND ahealthy Doty AND healthy Harris AND Shi Smith, a NFL receiver. We had no idea who would even be our top receiver coming into this season. Bobo didn't have Juju or Lloyd, but he was in a much better spot across the board, especially at QB, the MOST important player on the field.

Does not alter what was a year previous. Leading rusher in the SEC with roughly the same line we fielded this year. Besides, we don't know how much Harsin played into some of those decisions. That fourth down pass they threw incomplete late against us was not a typical Bobo call.
Yeah, I've had this argument about the difference between last year's Rushing success and this year's till I'm blue in the face. If you want to keep insisting that everything was basically the same I just can't help you. Nothing was really the same. Hutcherson was the best offensive lineman we've had in 5 years and yes that one guy made a hell of a difference. And that's just one of the many things that was different.

• Haha
Reactions: Legendary Cock
Yes, they absolutely were more stacked against Satterfield. Given the choice, nobody would pick this year's team over last year's on offense. Way more talented and healthy. Not even close.

Bobo had all the big contributors on offense from this year AND Hill AND Hilinski AND ahealthy Doty AND healthy Harris AND Shi Smith, a NFL receiver. We had no idea who would even be our top receiver coming into this season. Bobo didn't have Juju or Lloyd, but he was in a much better spot across the board, especially at QB, the MOST important player on the field.
Having access to Hilinski is irrelevant since it was the coaches decision to not play him. Heathy Doty was working out as a WR and wasn’t any more effective than injured Doty.

Again White’s numbers this year were very similar to Harris last year but it was coaches decision for him not to play in multiple games and to take a back seat to an unhealthy player in others.

No one expected anything out of Smith last year and his numbers were not that far off from Vann’s this year. If anything there were more weapons this year with 6 players with 15+ receptions as opposed to the 3 last year.

Could that be because Satterfield utilized them better? None of those guys are new.
I would say Bell was a new entity but either way it goes against the narrative that there were less guys to make plays this year than last. If anything last year should have been harder with an all SEC schedule and a 2 man show yet we managed to get worse with 4 easy OOC opponents and significantly more guys making plays.

Having access to Hilinski is irrelevant since it was the coaches decision to not play him. Heathy Doty was working out as a WR and wasn’t any more effective than injured Doty.

Again White’s numbers this year were very similar to Harris last year but it was coaches decision for him not to play in multiple games and to take a back seat to an unhealthy player in others.

No one expected anything out of Smith last year and his numbers were not that far off from Vann’s this year. If anything there were more weapons this year with 6 players with 15+ receptions as opposed to the 3 last year.

So, you area telling me, you would rather have Satterfield's situation this year over Bobo's situation last year?

Ridiculous. Super duper stupid ridiculous. Nothing but spin because you want somebody other than Satterfield. NOBODY would prefer this year's situation.

Last edited:
So, you area telling me, you would rather have Satterfield's situation this year over Bobo's situation last year?

Ridiculous. Super duper stupid ridiculous. Nothing but spin because you want somebody other than Satterfield. NOBODY would prefer this year's situation.
Yeah I'm definitely convinced you're an undercover tater now. Any doubts have been erased lol

Most people would prefer this years situation. There were far more options for playmakers available just a question of how they were used.

Reactions: chief2791
...yet we managed to get worse with 4 easy OOC opponents and significantly more guys making plays.
With experience and depth.....there are no excuses.

I don't like Satt's or Bobo's offenses......I like running QBs who give you team an extra player the defense has to account for.

Reactions: chief2791
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT