ADVERTISEMENT

deleted because some folks can't open their eyes

This is not a BS post. This is real. Little things like this is why we are slipping. I believe u jerks knocking my thread are possible taters wanting us to keep slipping

Jonesz21, you're a simple tater that's just been peeled and smashed. Your gravy is flavored 100% pure Bull-Shite.

If your topic was factual in the slightest you wouldn't feel the need to defend it so much.

The point of the topic in question coupled with the vague reference to your confidential informant just don't float.

Reactions: Bleedgandb3334
Give the name of the recruit.

Jonesz21 can't do that; hls 10th grade confidential informant (and his father) would be upset if their names were to be publicly ID'd and verified.

So, I'll do it for Jonesz21 as a personal favor. The name and address of the 10th grader and his father are "Jonesz21's Theoretical Imagination".

(o_O)

Reactions: Bleedgandb3334
Jonesz21 can't do that; hls 10th grade confidential informant (and his father) would be upset if their names were to be publicly ID'd and verified.

So, I'll do it for Jonesz21 as a personal favor. The name and address of the 10th grader and his father are "Jonesz21's Theoretical Imagination".

(o_O)

No I will not give the kids name. I'm not a prick like some on this board.

A friend of mine has a son in High School that will be a 10th grader. Grades excellent and talented player.
He went to football camp at Duke and loved it. Was one of the top performers. Went to Clemson last week and loved it. Venables and Jeff Scott took him and 12 other prospects to see coaches offices, meeting rooms and other stuff. Was told by Clemson anytime he wanted to come to a game, let them know. visit a practice, let them know. A lot of face time with the coaches and he was sorta blown away.

He went to our camp today and he and his father said it was a waste of time. His dad actually ask Spurrier Jr. if he came on a bad day or something because our camp was nothing like Duke's or Clemson's. Said our coaches were not even trying to evaluate talent. Said when he told jr that he just put his head down and said everybody does it differently.

We need to get better in recruiting and this is a first impression that is lost now. We have to put forth more effort up front!

Is your friend named Bird?

Not dumb enough to think everything is great and coaches make no mistakes. I just don't put any value in hearsay with very few details.

Ask him if he gets accused of being a gamecock in tater message boards when he ain't pumping sunshine lmao

Other than facebook, he doesn't do much on the internet. He makes a lot of dough in the steel fab world. The company he works for do like bridge and hi-rise building fabrication.

He has many, many times told me about this ol' Clemson gal that he used to go to games at memorial stadium with that gave him "Dablo" of his life - word is she's a legend up there around Howard's Rock!!!

(*_O)

(I bet this one gets deleted at any moment!)

Last edited:
Jonesz21 is simply "jones'in" for a little attention - negative attention the he personally initiated.

IOW's the guy is a typical FOS "he-said-she-said" topic poster.

Those of you that fall for his type of BS will realize such as he continues with it.

}(°¥*){

No recruits from the 2018 recruiting cycle went to the Showcase camp this weekend. It was only recruits from the 2016 and 2017 recruiting cycle.

What is the name of your friend's son? We can check and see if he was on the invite list.

No recruits from the 2018 recruiting cycle went to the Showcase camp this weekend. It was only recruits from the 2016 and 2017 recruiting cycle.

What is the name of your friend's son? We can check and see if he was on the invite list.
He has already been caught short....he won't answer that. He will really be caught in a total lie if he fails on that one...lol. The "he dropped his head" was a kicker. Try to keep it halfway believable if you are trying to pull a ruse....This guy is not that sharpe.....

Reactions: anon_zp1one8polj90
First, the kid needs to work 'til he drops and then come back in a couple of years and check out his status with the USC staff. If he's still a 'no-go' then consider enrolling at SC and walk-on. If he fails that, then study hard, graduate from college, get a good job and pay taxes - especially Social Security taxes :)

Secondly, since the 'Orange Trash' has been allowed in, FGF has declined to a 'Trash Talk' Forum.

Third, I suggest this thread be deleted in its entirety.

It just doesn't add up. especially after reading reports from the GCC staff who are pretty much unbiased about feed back from recruits and campers.

In this day and age I am sure this would have already been exposed on Twitter or something by now if it was so crappy.

I'm not speaking on anything else in this thread specifically, but just to clarify the Showcase camp is not until today (Saturday).

There were also 2018 prospects at the Friday camp. 2018 Lewisville DT Josh Belk picked up an offer, there was a 2018 LB from Jacksonville and his 2018 OL teammate as well, just to name a few prominent ones.

Now, as far as the Showcase today we don't have any 2018 prospects on the list for that at this time (although there could be some that attend). I just wanted to clear that one up there.

Reactions: Anna_Nimmitty
First, the kid needs to work 'til he drops and then come back in a couple of years and check out his status with the USC staff. If he's still a 'no-go' then consider enrolling at SC and walk-on. If he fails that, then study hard, graduate from college, get a good job and pay taxes - especially Social Security taxes :)

Secondly, since the 'Orange Trash' has been allowed in, FGF has declined to a 'Trash Talk' Forum.

Third, I suggest this thread be deleted in its entirety.
Most of the trash talk I've seen is by so-called SC fans calling other SC fans a tater every time something is posted that's not a glowing affirmation of either SC or SOS.

I think I know why OP isn't happy..

Ladies Football Clinic
Due to stadium renovations, there will not be a Ladies Football Clinic this year. We look forward to seeing you in 2016.

Has the OP read the main page here? Just by the headlines, it seems we have several top prospects here that are enjoying this camp, and after receiving offers, have the Gamecocks high on their lists. Sure, that may change, but sounds like the things a fan would want to hear coming out of the camp. I know it sounds good to me, as long as we stay on top of them.

I'm not speaking on anything else in this thread specifically, but just to clarify the Showcase camp is not until today (Saturday).

There were also 2018 prospects at the Friday camp. 2018 Lewisville DT Josh Belk picked up an offer, there was a 2018 LB from Jacksonville and his 2018 OL teammate as well, just to name a few prominent ones.

Now, as far as the Showcase today we don't have any 2018 prospects on the list for that at this time (although there could be some that attend). I just wanted to clear that one up there.

Chris have you went to any camps other than ours? Have u seen any differences in how we do things? This kid was there Friday as I said and just getting started in this whole process since he will be a 10th grader this year. I will give you the kids name in confidentially to you to verify no problem Thing is If this kid keeps developing he will be a div 1 player and you got to get in these kids heads early these days

Chris have you went to any camps other than ours? Have u seen any differences in how we do things? This kid was there Friday as I said and just getting started in this whole process since he will be a 10th grader this year. I will give you the kids name in confidentially to you to verify no problem Thing is If this kid keeps developing he will be a div 1 player and you got to get in these kids heads early these days
Way too much of a negative post to be believable. You have our coaches with a "head down" mode...not going to happen....and answering with a simple..."some people just do it different"....These coaches have their careers and paychecks of the future on the line and you expect us to swallow those two tidbits. If you had said a simple they were more impressed with Duke or clemsux, I could have bought that. You had to take it a step farther by putting humility into the mix. You had to make Junior a non responsive, uncaring, and somewhat babbling idiot. There is no Gamecock that I know of that would have gone to those lengths to belittle a coach that was working recruits. You can say what you want but I think you are a full fledged tater and if by chance you are a Gamecock fan (and I will never believe it) you have to be the worse one I know....now run along over to taternet where we all know you really belong....that is all.

Way too much of a negative post to be believable. You have our coaches with a "head down" mode...not going to happen....and answering with a simple..."some people just do it different"....These coaches have their careers and paychecks of the future on the line and you expect us to swallow those two tidbits. If you had said a simple they were more impressed with Duke or clemsux, I could have bought that. You had to take it a step farther by putting humility into the mix. You had to make Junior a non responsive, uncaring, and somewhat babbling idiot. There is no Gamecock that I know of that would have gone to those lengths to belittle a coach that was working recruits. You can say what you want but I think you are a full fledged tater and if by chance you are a Gamecock fan (and I will never believe it) you have to be the worse one I know....now run along over to taternet where we all know you really belong....that is all.

sorry to bust your bubble fly boy but I have been a going to games and been a fan since early 80's That's why I want us to step up our game! Lets let chris comment on things since he is closer than most of us

Again this is just one kid like the op quoted but Kornblutt had an interview up with one of the kids who attended the camp and this kid's comments did not reflect a bad experience at all. I do know from reading the constant criticism of the op poster he spends a lot of his time searching for anything negative he can find to blast USC athletics and he did so during the 11 win seasons.

Again this is just one kid like the op quoted but Kornblutt had an interview up with one of the kids who attended the camp and this kid's comments did not reflect a bad experience at all. I do know from reading the constant criticism of the op poster he spends a lot of his time searching for anything negative he can find to blast USC athletics and he did so during the 11 win seasons.

I call it as I see it. But still support team. I was there pulling for the team for the New Mexico st game the same as I did when we beat num1 Bama
And I will be there at Panther stadium for our 1st game this yr but I will still call a spade a spade

I agree with the op that at least the kid could have gotten a thank you for paying to attend the camp. The kid was obvious not a recruit or anyone USC would have been interested in evaluating. If so the kid would have been an invited camper and been showed the red carpet like the other recruits. NOT all campers are invited. Some just pay to get exposure , experience and have fun. Any kid that is willing to pay the fee can attend. The more the merrier. At least the kid can say he got the T Shirt. Nothing else to care about here.

It's funny how people are. If the OP had posted something positive and great about a 5 star prospect that just visited our camp from a friend who's friends with the recruits dad. All these people would be "oh how awesome! Thanks for the info." But since it doesn't float their boat, then they just bash the guy for making stuff up..

postive hearsay = yay!!! we are doing great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
negative hearsay = Well you're an idiot and a moron and I don't believe any of it, because everything is bright beautiful unicorns and pretty flowers.

Sound about right?

I haven't been to prospects camps at other schools - covering USC takes up my time and I don't have spare time to go to other schools' camps. I'm not going to discount whatever experience a kid and his family said they had in most cases. I wouldn't be shocked if a kid didn't like it or loved it, in other words. I've seen and heard a lot of unique things in different recruiting situations.

I will say I disagree with the notion that USC wasn't evaluating talent at that camp. Four new offers went out, I saw coaches coaching kids that have zero chance of playing at this level, etc.

There were many prospects at that same camp that had very positive experiences, and these kids have been to camps at other schools as well. Just like most other things in life, different people will have varying opinions on things. I'm certainly not saying South Carolina's camp is perfect; I think some things can always stand to be improved upon but that's another discussion. Based on feedback I heard and what I observed, yesterday's camp seemed to go well. Again, I'm one person and I talked to a lot of different prospects. I have talked to prospects in the past that have liked Clemson's camp better too or whatever other school. It varies, and sometimes for the same reasons that kids pick other schools over USC or pick USC over other schools. That's really all I can say on it.

Rising 10th graders that are scolly worthy are rare. The staff probably will only slobber over a few. Dabo may slobber over many.

OP, you can't expect instant credibility on here with 70 posts making accusations on the internet with no actual knowledge of what happened since you weren't there. None of the coaches will be posting here to give their side of the story. This is basically a cheap shot against them. They've been pulling in top 20 recruiting classes despite having to deal with sanctions. Unless you have some hard proof against our coaches concerning these camps the coaches will get the benefit of the doubt not you. Yes, our recruiting has been slow lately and it is concerning. My gut tells me is has more to do with Spurrier, senior than anything else. But unless the don't bring in another top 20 recruiting class than it is not really appropriate to trash our coaches ability to reel in recruits.

200.gif

It's funny how people are. If the OP had posted something positive and great about a 5 star prospect that just visited our camp from a friend who's friends with the recruits dad. All these people would be "oh how awesome! Thanks for the info." But since it doesn't float their boat, then they just bash the guy for making stuff up..

postive hearsay = yay!!! we are doing great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
negative hearsay = Well you're an idiot and a moron and I don't believe any of it, because everything is bright beautiful unicorns and pretty flowers.

Sound about right?
What are you talking about? Do you not see all the articles on these camps on the front page being reported by actual journalists that are covering these camps reporting kids getting offers and having a great time straight from their mouths? What is hearsay about that? Just quit.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT