ADVERTISEMENT

deleted because some folks can't open their eyes

What do you mean it was "nothing like" Duke or Clemson? Are you going to be specific or are you just trolling?

Wish I was trolling but the kid and his father were not impressed. it was a more personal experience at the other two schools.

So calling our camp a joke and it not surprising you...all based on opinion of one camper and his dad. Ok then.

Yes I know them well and believe what they say.
Maybe others can post there experience of our camps compared to other schools. Take ur head out of the sand for one minute

And we wonder why Clemson is able to get all of these recruits.

I'm glad we had our 11 win seasons during my lifetime after waiting 50 years. I just don't see it happening again. Everything I read indicates to me we are just going through the motions. No desire, passion or motivation to make things better. Mediocrity has returned.

Obviously many of you are not familiar with original poster. If you are then you are obviously not surprised by him posting something like this. If you aren't familiar be advised he post nothing but negativity about anything gamecocks. Please ignore anything by this poster.

Obviously many of you are not familiar with original poster. If you are then you are obviously not surprised by him posting something like this. If you aren't familiar be advised he post nothing but negativity about anything gamecocks. Please ignore anything by this poster.
Yeah, 3rd hand information from a 15 year old. I'm concerned.

A friend of mine has a son in High School that will be a 10th grader. Grades excellent and talented player.
He went to football camp at Duke and loved it. Was one of the top performers. Went to Clemson last week and loved it. Venables and Jeff Scott took him and 12 other prospects to see coaches offices, meeting rooms and other stuff. Was told by Clemson anytime he wanted to come to a game, let them know. visit a practice, let them know. A lot of face time with the coaches and he was sorta blown away.

He went to our camp today and he and his father said it was a waste of time. His dad actually ask Spurrier Jr. if he came on a bad day or something because our camp was nothing like Duke's or Clemson's. Said our coaches were not even trying to evaluate talent. Said when he told jr that he just put his head down and said everybody does it differently.

We need to get better in recruiting and this is a first impression that is lost now. We have to put forth more effort up front!
Sounds like the the basic complaint from a dad who expects his son to be a superstar and didn't get the attention he thought he deserved at Carolina. Not all campers are slobbered over and the dad obviously rubbed Jr. the wrong way with that "bad day" question.

I'll correct you. It is a recruiting visit. That is how the coaches MUST approach it because many of these kids are committing at or right after camps these days.

I am an alum but I have also heard from very reliable people that USC doesn't exactly impress at camps like some other schools.

For example the Simpson kid that's very a high profile offensive lineman just spent three days at Clemson's camp -he's skipping ours- at one time he was a heavy USC favorite and he grew up a USC fan- he has Clemson number one on his list now.

Specifically what? That they took him on tours? Is that it? It's a football camp it's not a recruiting visit. What did we NOT do that he didn't like?

The kid is a rising sophomore and I'm sure a good kid but things will change over the next three seasons. Camps can impress but in the long run the kids change their minds 10 times before graduation we all know that. I'm just saying time will tell. I don't buy the waste of time conclusion.

I heard the kid in question was a (negative) -3 star and he came in with a clemsux jersey and a Duke hat on. I also heard he tried to steal a laptop and used profanity the whole time. See how easy the.."I heard" crap can be turned. That's what I heard anyway.....I heard clemsux and Duke gave his dad $1,000.00 cash for an appearance fee....and he wanted it from us and that's why Junior dropped his head and said "everyone does it different"....

I heard the kid in question was a (negative) -3 star and he came in with a clemsux jersey and a Duke hat on. I also heard he tried to steal a laptop and used profanity the whole time. See how easy the.."I heard" crap can be turned. That's what I heard anyway.....I heard clemsux and Duke gave his dad $1,000.00 cash for an appearance fee....and he wanted it from us and that's why Junior dropped his head and said "everyone does it different"....
BINGO

The OP is no gamecock fan. And it has nothing to go with some story about his neighbors kid. He did what he intended with his ridiculous post

could it be that our staff doesn't go totally queer over coastal or atlantic type prospects?

I'll correct you. It is a recruiting visit. That is how the coaches MUST approach it because many of these kids are committing at or right after camps these days.

I am an alum but I have also heard from very reliable people that USC doesn't exactly impress at camps like some other schools.

For example the Simpson kid that's very a high profile offensive lineman just spent three days at Clemson's camp -he's skipping ours- at one time he was a heavy USC favorite and he grew up a USC fan- he has Clemson number one on his list now.

I totally agree. Even if the OP is wrong it doesn't change that a lot of effort needs to be put into these camps, even for kids 2-3 years away from college. A staff can establish relationships early and establish that their camp is a can't miss opportunity to be coached and evaluated by a SEC staff with SEC facilities

Basically the third hand info thing is what is getting to me. Usually when someone talks about how great a time they had, they are already a fan of that team. If not, they already don't like that team. That's just the way it tends to go. I'd like see what actually goes on in these camps before I actually trust anything something some random person says some other random person said.

I don't expect this thread to make it to Saturday.

Basically the third hand info thing is what is getting to me. Usually when someone talks about how great a time they had, they are already a fan of that team. If not, they already don't like that team. That's just the way it tends to go. I'd like see what actually goes on in these camps before I actually trust anything something some random person says some other random person said.

I don't expect this thread to make it to Saturday.
rooster, its saturday in 2hrs....wanna make a bet?....and im talkn about eastern standard time...lol

Reactions: tatertime
Yeah but not in football. I did own many people in unreal tournament and tribes back in the day.

But that's neither here nor there... were we not talking about football rather than my mad skills at video games?

Point is if we don't put in the effort we won't get any interest in us.

Sorry Mikey. But I have been a fan since I was in single digits and I am 45 now. I just don't candy coat. I call it as I see it. Take off the garnet glasses. This is an area we can and have to improve

A friend of mine has a son in High School that will be a 10th grader. Grades excellent and talented player.
He went to football camp at Duke and loved it. Was one of the top performers. Went to Clemson last week and loved it. Venables and Jeff Scott took him and 12 other prospects to see coaches offices, meeting rooms and other stuff. Was told by Clemson anytime he wanted to come to a game, let them know. visit a practice, let them know. A lot of face time with the coaches and he was sorta blown away.

He went to our camp today and he and his father said it was a waste of time. His dad actually ask Spurrier Jr. if he came on a bad day or something because our camp was nothing like Duke's or Clemson's. Said our coaches were not even trying to evaluate talent. Said when he told jr that he just put his head down and said everybody does it differently.

We need to get better in recruiting and this is a first impression that is lost now. We have to put forth more effort up front!
id loved duke & clemtech, he would

word is that weak florist has a better camp than either duke or clemtech

This is a BS thread started by a envious tater waiting on the next loss to us, No Sophmores were even invited to the Showcase camp. This camp was only for prospects with scholarship offers in the 2016 and 2017 recruiting cycle.

Thanks superior. Point proven !! OP is ridiculous. Like every other post he's ever made. Goodbye Jones!

Sorry Mikey. But I have been a fan since I was in single digits and I am 45 now. I just don't candy coat. I call it as I see it. Take off the garnet glasses. This is an area we can and have to improve

Jonesz21 is simply "jones'in" for a little attention - negative attention the he personally initiated.

IOW's the guy is a typical FOS "he-said-she-said" topic poster.

Those of you that fall for his type of BS will realize such as he continues with it.

}(°¥*){

Last edited:
Sorry to be the messages with the bad news but he must not be worth the tour of the campus. Duke might love the kid because of his academics and Clemson love sticking their nose up everyone's ass.

Maybe our staff needs to set their pride aside and stick their nose ups some kids asses so we can get recruit with the likes of Bama, Auburn, Georgia, Ohio State, and dare I say CLEMSON?!

Jonesz21 is simply "jones'in" for a little attantion - negative attention the he personally initiated.

IOW's the guy is a typical FOS "he-said-she-said" topic poster.

Those if you that fall for his type if BS will realize such as he continues with it.

This is not a BS post. This is real. Little things like this is why we are slipping. I believe u jerks knocking my thread are possible taters wanting us to keep slipping

Reactions: tigdad
Jones. There is no "we" Buddy. Everyone knows who you are and it has nothing to do with "we" when you come to a gamecock board . So why not just leave

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT