ADVERTISEMENT

Did Dabo encourage Deshaun Watson to cover up and lie....

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's some weird revisionist history that happens on message boards. Willie Korn? What about him? He took a hit from a GT linebacker in his first start (under Dabo) in 2008 as he was releasing a throw, and it hurt his shoulder. He was never the same passer after that. What was a doctor supposed to say? That he could never play again? "Sorry, Willie, your shoulder got hit and your throwing motion isn't as good as it used to be, so you will never be cleared to play football again." He didn't go back into a game next week and take another hit and injure it further--is that what you're implying?

DaQuan Bowers? A degenerative condition in his knee, and it wasn't something that corrective surgery could fix. Is a doctor supposed to tell him that he can't get on the field for his junior year? He did, and played his way to a second round pick and got paid in the league for a few years. There's really not a better scenario for him given his unfortunate condition. You guys come up with some interesting theories to support your narrative over here.
COUGH* everything starts as a bone bruise at clempson until the player isn't needed *COUGH

There's some weird revisionist history that happens on message boards. Willie Korn? What about him? He took a hit from a GT linebacker in his first start (under Dabo) in 2008 as he was releasing a throw, and it hurt his shoulder. He was never the same passer after that. What was a doctor supposed to say? That he could never play again? "Sorry, Willie, your shoulder got hit and your throwing motion isn't as good as it used to be, so you will never be cleared to play football again." He didn't go back into a game next week and take another hit and injure it further--is that what you're implying?

DaQuan Bowers? A degenerative condition in his knee, and it wasn't something that corrective surgery could fix. Is a doctor supposed to tell him that he can't get on the field for his junior year? He did, and played his way to a second round pick and got paid in the league for a few years. There's really not a better scenario for him given his unfortunate condition. You guys come up with some interesting theories to support your narrative over here.

"then, for the second time in as many seasons, the Clemson medical team got it wrong, missing the severity of an injury to Korn's throwing shoulder — what was discovered weeks later to be a torn labrum that would require surgery to repair.

But just as the year prior, the official word was a "bone bruise." And just as the year before, Korn was back out throwing immediately."
"Only after Korn, at the urging of his father, went to the medical staff and insisted there had to be something more than a "bone bruise" did he undergo a second MRI. And this one revealed the partially torn labrum, the cartilage that keeps the ball at the end of arm bone in the shoulder blade's socket.

"How they missed it the first time, I don't know," Korn said."
"The Gator Bowl decision
The mistakes didn't end there. Korn had surgery to repair the damage after Clemson's regular-season finale against South Carolina, a 31-14 win on Nov. 29. Within a few weeks, he was allowed to return to practice as Clemson prepared for the Gator Bowl.

"Looking back, I shouldn't have pushed it then," Korn said. "At the time, I wanted to compete and felt like I couldn't risk falling further behind. I wanted to show everyone that I was fine, that I was healthy, that I was going to be ready to be the starter next season. I should have taken my time and rehabbed the right way. But I tried to compete and push through and I developed some really bad habits."
"Larry Korn is more blunt.

"They rushed him back immediately to back up Harper just for the purpose of the Gator Bowl," he said. "You ask a kid like Willy if he can play, and he's going to say yes. It doesn't matter how he's feeling if you leave it up to him. He went back after the surgery and, basically, no one took care of him. He found a way to propel the ball forward and it looked awful."

"Coach Dabo Swinney says starting quarterback Deshaun Watson has no major damage in his injured left knee and could play again this season.

Swinney said Sunday that an MRI showed Watson had a sprained ligament and a bone bruise. The coach said Watson will be re-evaluated later this week to determine his playing status.

"We've received some great news tonight," Swinney said."

See the similarities? Watson won't be the same either. I don't care what the reports say. They said the same thing about korn. Both were whispered to an coaxed back too soon and both Will pay the price while swindler laughs all the way to the bed with his mommy.
Swinney nor clempson gives a crap about these players health and long term success.

I don't see why it would or should be a concern to Clemson. If he had chosen Auburn after "illegally" visiting them, maybe there would be a story.

Every team uses deception when it comes to releasing information to the public (in other words, to the competition). Not only every team, but in every competitive sport.
I'm an auto racing fan. You think race teams don't intentionally release information that isn't accurate?
I have news for you: every single football Saturday, a HUGE amount of information released to the public - ESPECIALLY regarding the health of the players- is false. Dabo does it, Spurrier does it, Meyer does it. Anybody that doesn't know this just isn't paying attention.
College football is war,and coaches look for every single competitive advavtage.
Let it go. All head coaches "lie".
Watson was released by the doctors. He wanted to play. He played on heck of a game. Clemson won. End of story.

Every team uses deception when it comes to releasing information to the public (in other words, to the competition). Not only every team, but in every competitive sport.
I'm an auto racing fan. You think race teams don't intentionally release information that isn't accurate?
I have news for you: every single football Saturday, a HUGE amount of information released to the public - ESPECIALLY regarding the health of the players- is false. Dabo does it, Spurrier does it, Meyer does it. Anybody that doesn't know this just isn't paying attention.
College football is war,and coaches look for every single competitive advavtage.
Watson was released by the doctors. He wanted to play. He played on heck of a game. Clemson won. End of story.

Dude...again it is not about the game. They kicked our tails.

Do you really think any player and their parent would want their kid to play for Dabo Swinney after reading this article. The dumbasss justifies playing a potential 1st round NFL draft pick and Heisman hopeful with a severe injury requiring surgery to repair. He put off that surgery.

Dabo should make a video pouring millions of dollars in a pile then set the money on fire and hope that it goes out by itself.

Do you really think any player and their parent would want their kid to play for Dabo Swinney after reading this article. The dumbasss justifies playing a potential 1st round NFL draft pick and Heisman hopeful with a severe injury requiring surgery to repair. He put off that surgery.

Dabo should make a video pouring millions of dollars in a pile then set the money on fire and hope that it goes out by itself.

Dabo played the kid....AFTER he was released by the doctor, after Watson, being told the situation, decided to play.
There were 3 layers of decision here (if not more).
This isn't a Dabo thing.
Let it go.
I understand disliking your rival, I do.
But man, let it go. This is beyond the point of reasonable discussion. My guess is that on over 90% of the D1 teams in America, he would have played, given the same circumstances.

Yes, once players and parents read this article, Clemson's recruiting will plummet. Clemson should do everything they can to keep this information private!

What's that? It's already in the public domain? And Clemson still has a class ranked in the top 5? Well, that just can't be, according to our calculations! Anyway...feel free to continue to see precisely what you want to see and what fits your narrative.

Dude...the issue is not the game or the outcome of it. The issue is Watson has the potential to be the 1st pick in the NFL draft and Clemson and the team doctors risked his high draft status by playing the kid with on a torn ACL they caused in practice 10 days before our game. Incredibly stupid decision.

Before the 2013 season, the hottest topic in college football was Jadaveon Clowney sitting out his Junior year to prevent an injury that could endanger his NFL draft status. That story was covered extensively locally and nationally. Even knowing this, the coaches at Clemson took their only player with that type of draft potential, injured his knee in practice, then played him in a meaningless game. I still can't believe it but do know that parents with kids with NFL potential are questioning the lack of wisdom Clemson used managing Watson's injury.

Watson should just sit out his Soph, Jr and Sr year to protect his draft status

Really...I know it is public domain because the idiot interviewed for this article on the subject 6 months after the incident.

Honest opinion...if you had a son that had put in the work and earned and elite 4 or 5 star recruiting status and has the earning potential at the next level of Deshaun Watson, would you let Dabo Swinney recruit him after all of this?

I think many will shut the door.

Reactions: uscdoc
Dabo played the kid....AFTER he was released by the doctor, after Watson, being told the situation, decided to play.
There were 3 layers of decision here (if not more).
This isn't a Dabo thing.
Let it go.
I understand disliking your rival, I do.
But man, let it go. This is beyond the point of reasonable discussion. My guess is that on over 90% of the D1 teams in America, he would have played, given the same circumstances.
The team doctor right? LoL the same one that first said it was a bone bruise.

What's a kid going to do when the team doctor and caniving coach leaning on him? Turn them down. I bet dabo even used the greatness in the hills line on him.

dabo encourages any student athlete to do whats best for the university

News flash! If you have a torn ACL, you wear a brace! The purpose of the brace is to be a stronger, more reliable ACL with a limited range of motion. Since several pro athletes, in different sports, have played entire seasons productively with torn ACLs and braces, we can safely reason that long term damage was not likely an issue. Let's get off the Watson and Dabo sour grapes, because last year's score ain't changing!

News flash! If you have a torn ACL, you wear a brace! The purpose of the brace is to be a stronger, more reliable ACL with a limited range of motion. Since several pro athletes, in different sports, have played entire seasons productively with torn ACLs and braces, we can safely reason that long term damage was not likely an issue. Let's get off the Watson and Dabo sour grapes, because last year's score ain't changing!

In today's world, most players with an injury requiring surgery to repair a torn ligament have surgery to repair it the next week. The Doctor's wait on the swelling to go down then operate.

What a bunch of dumbasss @ Clemson. Every coaching staff in the country will use this against them in recruiting.

In today's world, most players with an injury requiring surgery to repair a torn ligament have surgery to repair it the next week. The Doctor's wait on the swelling to go down then operate.

What a bunch of dumbasss @ Clemson. Every coaching staff in the country will use this against them in recruiting.

Nah. Just y'all. :D .

It's not just Watson. If you look back Korn and then Parker were ruined because they were pressured to play injured or before they had recovered from surgery. There seems to be a pattern. The doctor should have the last word. Up there that doesn't seem to be the case.

Last edited:
Don't forget about Phillip Price and his knee problems....

Don't worry Clemson supporters, you only have Watson 2 or 3 more years.

Yeah, watson was released by the same incompetent doctors who treated & released kyle parker and willie korn. And you know dumbo used his sales techniques to persuade a 19 yo. "it's up to you, but...the doctors have said you're okay...the clemsux family needs you...if you lead us to a win, you'll help us break the 5 year streak...I havent beat spurrier since i was the interim head coach". yadda, yadda, yadda. But, yeah, it was watson's decision. Haha.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT