ADVERTISEMENT

Elliott gone. What will Dabo do? Source included

He gone. Could be interesting to see what shakes out.

I wouldn't think Dabo would be an NFL guy, but who knows. Someone up there is good at identifying talent too because Watson and Etienne we're like super super highly rated recruits and they could flat ball.

Spurrier said the problem in the NFL, specifically Dan Snyder's Washington team, was that the head chef doesn't really get to pick out the groceries.

Dabo seems to do a pretty good job hiring coordinators. I would not sell him short.
Yeah, I thought Morris was the brains, but maybe it was Elliott (or Scott) all along. Dabo deserves the credit for hiring and more importantly retaining good coaches 100%. If he gets/keeps it going maybe he's the brains of the operation too.

Reactions: Areukidding1
He'll stay put with his $10mil a year and try to do it again. If he makes it back to a NC game, he would have to go down as one of the best college coaches of all time. Building it twice in Farmville, SC is what legends are made of.

Dabo and Northern Cali share absolutely nothing in common. Any $$$ above his current contract would be all but irrelevant to his quality of life.

Last edited:
Reactions: Areukidding1
You about to find out how much Venables covered his non coaching skills. Trust they fixing to go downhill. Why would AD just leave like that? Really? He got out before it got bad and it's fixing to get bad

Spurrier said the problem in the NFL, specifically Dan Snyder's Washington team, was that the head chef doesn't really get to pick out the groceries.
Because Daniel Snyder can't seem to grasp the fact that his job is just to write the checks that his coach/GM tell him to write, and NOT try to be the coach and make position decisions.

Reactions: Lakecock1
He'll stay put with his $10mil a year and try to do it again. If he makes it back to a NC game, he would have to go down as one of the best college coaches of all time. Building it twice in Farmville, SC is what legends are made of.

Dabo and Northern Cali share absolutely nothing in common. Any $$$ above his current contract would be all but irrelevant to his life

Raiders are in Vegas now. But your point remains - the locale is not exactly a natural fit for Mr. Bible Thumper.

BTW, Jeff Scott is 3-18 in his 2 years at South Florida. Rough beginning for him.
After his crude gesture to Gamecock fans (when he was a holder for either an XP or FG), he has not been one that I have rooted for ... I get the loyalty to his father and such, but try and keep things in check ... humble thoughts.

I have no source to link but have heard from some inside there that they most likely will promote Brandon Streater to OC. They say Dabo is extremely high on him. May not be ready but has a chance to take spot

Reactions: rogue cock
You about to find out how much Venables covered his non coaching skills. Trust they fixing to go downhill. Why would AD just leave like that? Really? He got out before it got bad and it's fixing to get bad
Hope you are right. But Dabo has never been a "coach". He has simply hired coordinators to carry out his philosophy. Heard Streater may be promoted to OC. Has been Clemson's QB coach since 2015. Was an OC before elsewhere and averaged about 31 points per game.

BTW, Jeff Scott is 3-18 in his 2 years at South Florida. Rough beginning for him.
It will be interesting when Dabo leaves to see how Scott, Venables and Elliott are doing in the competition to be Clemson's next coach.

Radakovich got his MBA from Miami, then from 1983-1985 he was Miami's Athletic Business Manager.
So he has some history there,
With all that said, Miami just made him the highest paid AD in the country, so there is a good reason as any.

Radakovich got his MBA from Miami, then from 1983-1985 he was Miami's Athletic Business Manager.
So he has some history there,
With all that said, Miami just made him the highest paid AD in the country, so there is a good reason as any.
His wife also graduated from there. They want to retire in the area as well

I heard Dabo is considering Marcus Satterfield. He's supposed to be an up-and-coming offensive coordinator with a strong football acumen and good connections.
30f556522e5aaa2835d6d79e9ba3d990.jpg

🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: Dizzy01
Hope you are right. But Dabo has never been a "coach". He has simply hired coordinators to carry out his philosophy. Heard Streater may be promoted to OC. Has been Clemson's QB coach since 2015. Was an OC before elsewhere and averaged about 31 points per game.
You guys repeat this ad nauseum on here - on what grounds do you base this off of? I just don’t understand why some think this. He clearly has a great football mind, knows what he wants to do, and finds people to carry out his vision. As a position coach he churned out talent and put himself in a good enough spot that he was considered the next coach at a pretty big football school.
I get that you guys like to tag him and I fully understand that from a rivalry standpoint l, but it seems shortsighted to suggest he doesn’t know football from a coaching standpoint. That’s where he started and grew into who he is.
I am a TON more confident that Dabo will continue to put a solid product in the field than I am of our 2 newly departed coordinators achieving that level of success, even at a school like Oklahoma. BV is a great coordinator - I hope he doesn’t end up being another Muschamp.

It will be interesting when Dabo leaves to see how Scott, Venables and Elliott are doing in the competition to be Clemson's next coach.
I see to think Jeff Scott was the best head coach material but he hasn’t made a ton of headway at USF yet. Could be a completely different direction when the time comes.

You guys repeat this ad nauseum on here - on what grounds do you base this off of? I just don’t understand why some think this. He clearly has a great football mind, knows what he wants to do, and finds people to carry out his vision. As a position coach he churned out talent and put himself in a good enough spot that he was considered the next coach at a pretty big football school.
I get that you guys like to tag him and I fully understand that from a rivalry standpoint l, but it seems shortsighted to suggest he doesn’t know football from a coaching standpoint. That’s where he started and grew into who he is.
I am a TON more confident that Dabo will continue to put a solid product in the field than I am of our 2 newly departed coordinators achieving that level of success, even at a school like Oklahoma. BV is a great coordinator - I hope he doesn’t end up being another Muschamp.
I was not putting him down. A lot of good HFC are CEO types. But, maybe he does more hands-on coaching than I realize. That's not the impression I get, though.

I like how dabo seems to do it. He tries to promote (Scott, Elliott, and Napier), but if it needs tweaking go outside to shake it up (Morris and Venables).

I never thought Dabo was an x and o's, technical guy but if the offense continues to be good after Elliott I'm going to have to update my priors.

My tater co worker friends say all is well in them thar hills, and blabs has had a succession plan in place for quite a while to replace the assistants they all knew would leave. They say that since Saban recovers from assistants leaving, it will be no problem for upc to likewise recover and be in title contention next season.

I think that Skeletor leaving, coupled with the recent defensive decommits sting a bit more than they’re willing to admit. They had a couple or three games this season where the defense bailed them out. Is Goodwin the signal stealing analyst they’re promoting to dc good enough to bail them out if their offense struggles next season?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT