ADVERTISEMENT

Friggin’ taters get it done

Ok no problem! You mean the one below (of Mike Bellamy) that is maybe 2500-3000 bucks? A stack by definition is 10000. That is about a quarter of a tax return for a low income family. If thats all you got you got nothing!

157993.jpg

I don't see any tiger paws on that money. You got anything at all to tie that money to Clemson other than speculation? Has Bellamy ever said Clemson gave him money? If so I missed it. In fact, I saw him say the opposite. In spite of the fact that Dabo ran him off- Which should give him a big ax to grind. But let's not let facts get in the way of a good conspiracy theory.

Just so hard to believe. My God.

Not really. When you take your eye off the ball in golf you swing and miss or remove a large chunk of turf. Right? So it is/was with college football. We went to sleep (AD and HBC) for at least two recruiting cycles AND made the dumbest statement to a sports writer ('Hee-hee, 2 or 3 years') ever muttered by a coach of any sport and, VOLIA! That little turd in the Upstate weaseled his way onto the top of the mountain of college football.

I don't see any tiger paws on that money. You got anything at all to tie that money to Clemson other than speculation? Has Bellamy ever said Clemson gave him money? If so I missed it. In fact, I saw him say the opposite. In spite of the fact that Dabo ran him off- Which should give him a big ax to grind. But let's not let facts get in the way of a good conspiracy theory.

No thats my argument, I always here there is money being passed around to get recruits, but this is the picture that is always referenced. If this is the only thing paying players is based off of then there is not argument, bc a. there is no proof the money came from Clemson and b. its less than 3 grand.

Reactions: ClemTig86
Ok no problem! You mean the one below (of Mike Bellamy) that is maybe 2500-3000 bucks? A stack by definition is 10000. That is about a quarter of a tax return for a low income family. If thats all you got you got nothing!

157993.jpg
Gonna get paid coach!

No thats my argument, I always here there is money being passed around to get recruits, but this is the picture that is always referenced. If this is the only thing paying players is based off of then there is not argument, bc a. there is no proof the money came from Clemson and b. its less than 3 grand.

Do you think the money Rocky McIntosh was payed had tiger paws on it?

Ok. If we are paying top notch players you have the perfect opportunity to blow the lid off. You have a disgruntled 5 star Clemson recruit on your team. Get Josh Belk to spill the beans.

Reactions: griffgolf
It's absolutely ignorant when fans try to hang their hat on the ACC being weak as a major factor in Clemson's success. Consider the following:

1. Clemson absolutely manhandled the SEC champ in the national title game. It was the most thorough and blistering whipping ever handed to a Saban-coached Alabama team. That was the best team from the "weak" ACC destroying the best team from the comparably "strong" SEC. Further, Clemson has bested Bama in the national title game 2 of the past 3 seasons.

2. WE got absolutely, inhumanely mauled in our bowl game by the 4th place team from the ACC Coastal. We did not even belong on the same field as an also-ran from a conference you want to call weak.

3. In bowl-season, the ACC went 6-5 and the SEC went 6-6. Fairly evenly matched. Some are still latched onto this aura of the SEC utterly dominating college football, but it just isn't the case anymore.

That's a valid argument. Their conference may not be that great, but Clemson can (and has) beaten every great team they play. Even the Bama team that was being touted as the "greatest college football team of all time."

When you're that good and consistent, I'm not sure it matters what league you play in.

157993.jpg
whats even dumber than putting this picture on social media? taking that amount of cash anywhere in public!! is that at his school? people get killed over smaller amounts of money.

It's absolutely ignorant when fans try to hang their hat on the ACC being weak as a major factor in Clemson's success. Consider the following:

1. Clemson absolutely manhandled the SEC champ in the national title game. It was the most thorough and blistering whipping ever handed to a Saban-coached Alabama team. That was the best team from the "weak" ACC destroying the best team from the comparably "strong" SEC. Further, Clemson has bested Bama in the national title game 2 of the past 3 seasons.

2. WE got absolutely, inhumanely mauled in our bowl game by the 4th place team from the ACC Coastal. We did not even belong on the same field as an also-ran from a conference you want to call weak.

3. In bowl-season, the ACC went 6-5 and the SEC went 6-6. Fairly evenly matched. Some are still latched onto this aura of the SEC utterly dominating college football, but it just isn't the case anymore.
It wasn't the recent ACC years that helped your team because you're team was already built.

The ACC was woefully weak around 2010-2012 but was still rewarded with BCS bowls due to tie ins. They didn't go to the higher rated better teams.

The BCS bowls helped Dabo sell Clemson and bring them to where they are at the present time. Can't take anything away from what he's accomplished because he's done about everything right from there, but to say a weak conference didn't play a part is untrue.

Last edited:
Have a look at Clemson's record against Virginia, and you will learn something about Clemson and Carolina vs a mediocre ACC team over the years.
I don’t care about their record against them or anyone else besides us. It is irrelevant to the point that we appeared to have zero interest to be there and were outcoached and outplayed. It was embarrassing. I won’t pay to go to the Belk Bowl again. That’s for damn sure

Reactions: be cocky
Once again they get #1.
OL Breesee commits today, the top recruit this cycle.
It was predicted for a long time, but verbal occurred today.
Another 5 star player announced for Clemson today - no. 16 ranked player with Rivals, a running back from Florida. The no. 1 ranked player in the nation, a quarterback from California, is announcing his decision on Sunday and he's choosing between Clemson and Oregon. Does anyone know how Carolina stands with the player (Burch) from Hammond? Last I heard he was down to Carolina and Clemson, but that Carolina had moved ahead. With the advantages Carolina has with him (local kid, plays with our coaches kid, etc.), we have a real chance to slow down Clemson's new found recruiting successes.
Once again they get #1.
OL Breesee commits today, the top recruit this cycle.
It was predicted for a long time, but verbal occurred today.

Another 5 star player announced for Clemson today - no. 16 ranked player with Rivals, a running back from Florida. The no. 1 ranked player in the nation, a quarterback from California, is announcing his decision on Sunday and he's choosing between Clemson and Oregon. Does anyone know how Carolina stands with the player (Burch) from Hammond? Last I heard he was down to Carolina and Clemson, but that Carolina had moved ahead. With the advantages Carolina has with him (local kid, plays with our coaches kid, etc.), we have a real chance to slow down Clemson's new found recruiting successes.

How's that FBI wiretap going? Our only hope!

EFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT