ADVERTISEMENT

Friggin’ taters get it done

Another 5 star player announced for Clemson today - no. 16 ranked player with Rivals, a running back from Florida. The no. 1 ranked player in the nation, a quarterback from California, is announcing his decision on Sunday and he's choosing between Clemson and Oregon. Does anyone know how Carolina stands with the player (Burch) from Hammond? Last I heard he was down to Carolina and Clemson, but that Carolina had moved ahead. With the advantages Carolina has with him (local kid, plays with our coaches kid, etc.), we have a real chance to slow down Clemson's new found recruiting successes.

I think Burch could likely end up at USC. Some are saying Clemson is in the lead for Murphy and if they get him along with Bresee they may not have room for Burch. That would be 4 DL in this class. It's also said S. Small (Seattle) another DE/LB type kid is now looking hard at Clemson so if there is an over sign position and Murphy, Burch, Smalls all want to commit someone is going to get left out.

It seems Murphy wants to commit to someone in August and if Burch waits he may lose the Clemson slot. I guess it all depends on timing and if Clemson wants to over sign on the DE. I would like to have Burch at Clemson so time will tell. It may not matter either since it is Burch's decision to make. He just may want to play for USC.

But losing Burch won't slow down Clemson recruiting success in the near future. They have it going right now.

We need to forget about Clemson. They don’t matter for us right now. Can’t stand this “when will they fall back to our level” talk. That’s not a very positive mindset.

Our focus should be 100% on getting to (and staying on) parity with Florida, Tennessee and Texas A&M. If we can do that, then we can take legitimate shots at Georgia, elite SEC West teams and yes, Clemson.
Things can change and it is early, but right now we are trailing 6 acc teams on the 2020 Rivals board. GT, NC State, UNC??????

Or maybe this is what happens when you hire an energetic coach who's a good recruiter, let him hire his own staff, build him some facilities, and then let things fall where they may. We could all learn something from those vile urnge reprobates. They pull for their program in any way possible. They are not constantly calling for the head whenever things don't go 64-0.
Where you been they lose to us in 14 and hes gone

Reactions: TigerMark89
That's a valid argument. Their conference may not be that great, but Clemson can (and has) beaten every great team they play. Even the Bama team that was being touted as the "greatest college football team of all time."

When you're that good and consistent, I'm not sure it matters what league you play in.
You unfortunately said something way too hard for many to swallow.

It's simple regarding Clemson. We know they cheat. Everyone knows that. Steve Smith admitted it on the wiretap. Will the NCAA investigate and punish them? If that answer is "no" then they will dominate forever moving forward. If the answer is "yes" then they will be brought back down to earth by enforcement of recruiting rules. This is not to say there aren't other schools cheating (probably are), but when you can recruit the absolute top players in the country to Clemson, SC then something isn't right. And any Clemson fan can come on here and deny it but I don't care. They are homers and they are wrong.

It's simple regarding Clemson. We know they cheat. Everyone knows that. Steve Smith admitted it on the wiretap. Will the NCAA investigate and punish them? If that answer is "no" then they will dominate forever moving forward. If the answer is "yes" then they will be brought back down to earth by enforcement of recruiting rules. This is not to say there aren't other schools cheating (probably are), but when you can recruit the absolute top players in the country to Clemson, SC then something isn't right. And any Clemson fan can come on here and deny it but I don't care. They are homers and they are wrong.
What that basketball coach said on the wire tap sounded incredibly vague.
If that's what you are hinging your programs success on then you are in for some serious frustration.
You WILL beat us this year, we lost 80% of our ground game when Snell-ya-Later went to the NFL.
You should focus on your program and the teams that you play, build the trenches and go from there.
What if U of SC became THE school for O Line recruiting?
QB gets time, RB's follow big linemen and TE's and voila, you're an offensive powerhouse.
Then D Linemen and WR's want to come to your school.
This isn't anything new, it's been a proven recipe for a really long time.

Actually Ray's
how in the hell could it possibly be either ones fault? that is the problem with our fans...they get all bent out of shape with what clemson is doing and start blaming our coaches and ad...our football program is being built quite well and is being done the right way...will we catch clemson? nobody knows...will anybody catch clemson should be the question....the sooner yall start pulling for us and quit worrying about something you have no control over,the better off we all will be

What that basketball coach said on the wire tap sounded incredibly vague.
If that's what you are hinging your programs success on then you are in for some serious frustration.
You WILL beat us this year, we lost 80% of our ground game when Snell-ya-Later went to the NFL.
You should focus on your program and the teams that you play, build the trenches and go from there.
What if U of SC became THE school for O Line recruiting?
QB gets time, RB's follow big linemen and TE's and voila, you're an offensive powerhouse.
Then D Linemen and WR's want to come to your school.
This isn't anything new, it's been a proven recipe for a really long time.
and champ is building both lines quite well...it doesnt happen overnight...our fans for some reason think we should always be a powerhouse no matter what history says.....i say we have to change history and it takes time...they need to give champ the time...ray is giving him the resources and it will pay off soon....one more thing, our fans really suck so much that i just cant get on here much anymore....it is beyond ridiculous

Reactions: KatFanDrew
I still can’t believe Virginia beat us like that. I mean Virginia.

I'm gonna go on a limb and say this is a clemson fan

Whatever you say man. I just thought for sure we would win that game. Needless to say men’s hoops and baseball haven’t made me forget about it. Call me a clemson fan if you want.

I don’t care about their record against them or anyone else besides us. It is irrelevant to the point that we appeared to have zero interest to be there and were outcoached and outplayed. It was embarrassing. I won’t pay to go to the Belk Bowl again. That’s for damn sure
@Dutch_Peacheater

It’s time for a little troll-busting.....

A simple “Search Forums” on the Clemson board reveals you have 10+ pages of posts over there, most of them on The West Zone. Over here you have barely a dozen posts, at least half of them on this thread.

You’re such an amateur at this.... At least set up a troll account before you come over here and pose as a Gamecock fan....

@Dutch_Peacheater

It’s time for a little troll-busting.....

A simple “Search Forums” on the Clemson board reveals you have 10+ pages of posts over there, most of them on The West Zone. Over here you have barely a dozen posts, at least half of them on this thread.

You’re such an amateur at this.... At least set up a troll account before you come over here and pose as a Gamecock fan....
Did you hear Clemson just got the number one overall player committed and hat here five Star parade isn’t over yet?

Reactions: jmplexi and Zann77
Whatever, I wish we could win two nattys

Did you hear Clemson just got the number one overall player committed and hat here five Star parade isn’t over yet?

Thought you were wishing “we” could win two nattys....

Look, there are plenty of Clemson fans who post on this board. I don’t like Clemson but at least they’re honest about what they’re doing and not trying to pose as a Gamecock fan.

What you’ve done is display a lack of intelligence and/or integrity. Therefore I say - ST*U & GT*O,.

Unbelievable! They got #1 at quarterback Sunday? Money talks, bull@&$% walks!
I believe there are OLDER boosters that learned from their getting caught in the early 80s. They went through a string of virtuous coaches that they couldn’t buy. I believe Dabo was one of them until we laid that 5 spot on them. At that point, “the man in the jacket” had a meeting to get the bagmen lined up and Dabo sold his soul to BEAT US. Remember, they were a perennial 9-10 win team. But we became the team that that began their habit of “Clemsoning “. When the national press started using the term, all bets were off. The humiliation brought those bagmen out in droves.

Reactions: TIG3R
They are not cheating anymore than the rest.....they are "all in" on football and they can go out and tell the best kids they are "all in".......we have Ray directing our ship.....
Dan>Ray

I believe there are OLDER boosters that learned from their getting caught in the early 80s. They went through a string of virtuous coaches that they couldn’t buy. I believe Dabo was one of them until we laid that 5 spot on them. At that point, “the man in the jacket” had a meeting to get the bagmen lined up and Dabo sold his soul to BEAT US. Remember, they were a perennial 9-10 win team. But we became the team that that began their habit of “Clemsoning “. When the national press started using the term, all bets were off. The humiliation brought those bagmen out in droves.
WOW So much wrong with this comment. Clemsoning wasnt from losing to USC, it was Wake Forest and such. If you couldn't see the momentum Dabo was building in recruiting long before the end of 2013 you were blinded by your own success. Dabo started beating very high profile teams and coaches on a yearly basis and top notch facilities were built. He was all over TV selling the Clemson product and which he is good at doing. If you want to say it was from cheating....knock yourself out. Dabo has a great message and a VERY STABLE STAFF. He also learned you have to have more than flashy skill players. Even before the end of your 5, Spurrier said he couldn't figure out how Clemson kept losing to them, he definitely saw it.

Last edited:
Actually Clemsoning had absolutely nothing to do with USC and everything to do with wake forest, Virginia, N.C. etc.. losing to teams they should have soundly beat

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT