ADVERTISEMENT

Game thread

There's a thread on TBS about an ultimatum given to Muschamp. It is to hire experienced coordinators from the outside. The speculation is that he will refuse. He will then be fired for insubordination.

I don't believe it because his contract gives him complete discretion over staff. It would be a breach by SC to make that demand. We fired two coaches for insubordination. Jim Carlen and then Richard Bell. Both sued and won.

Reactions: Tall Squirrel
There's a thread on TBS about an ultimatum given to Muschamp. It is too hire experienced coordinators from the outside. The speculation is that he will refuse. He will then be fired for insubordination.

I don't believe it because his contract gives him complete discretion over staff. It would be a breach by SC to make that demand. We fired two coaches for insubordination. Jim Carlen and then Richard Bell. Both sued and won.
Whoever framed the contract ought to be fired in that case. Realistically, his Power Five head coaching career is at stake. He needs to get serious.

There's a thread on TBS about an ultimatum given to Muschamp. It is to hire experienced coordinators from the outside. The speculation is that he will refuse. He will then be fired for insubordination.

At this point I don't care about the buyout. We've got to eat it. If they want to try and get out of it, I think Muschamp getting us on probation should be an angle used.

Whoever framed the contract ought to be fired in that case. Realistically, his Power Five head coaching career is at stake. He needs to get serious.
Almost all head coaching contracts give the head coach complete discretion over staff. A few will provide that the head coach retain an assistant or two for one year, but not more than that. It can't be otherwise.

At this point I don't care about the buyout. We've got to eat it. If they want to try and get out of it, I think Muschamp getting us on probation should be an angle used.
I think they are going to can Frank Martin this year. His buyout is $12 million. We're saving ammunition for that by retaining Muschamp.

Almost all head coaching contracts give the head coach complete discretion over staff. A few will provide that the head coach retain an assistant or two for one year, but not more than that. It can't be otherwise.
Some subordinates don't require direction; some do. The ones who require it but won't accept it have to be let go. He can be let go, can't he?

I think they are going to can Frank Martin this year. His buyout is $12 million. We're saving ammunition for that by retaining Muschamp.
Football is king. Making an excuse not to fire the football coach because of any other sport is incompetent. So you're probably right.

Then he should be more culpable for Lance Thompson's NCAA violations.
The contract also specifies which NCAA are grounds for termination. Secondary violations are only grounds IF it shows a pattern that can be attributable to the Head Coach. So a renegade assistant has to be terminated. If the HC fails to take action then it is grounds for his termination.

Isolated secondary violations by an assistant who is no longer on staff are not grounds to fire the HC.

Reactions: 75CarolinaFan
The contract also specifies which NCAA are grounds for termination. Secondary violations are only grounds IF it shows a pattern that can be attributable to the Head Coach. So a renegade assistant has to be terminated. If the HC fails to take action then it is grounds for his termination.

Isolated secondary violations by an assistant who is no longer on staff are not grounds to fire the HC.
Utterly incompetent. Must be true. Thanks for the info.

Some subordinates don't require direction; some do. The ones who require it but won't accept it have to be let go. He can be let go, can't he?
That's why he is called the Head Coach. He is allowed more discretion than most employees. Including the discretion to fail. If you fire him for failing as a head coach you have to pay the buyout. It's in the contract.

That's why he is called the Head Coach. He is allowed more discretion than most employees. Including the discretion to fail. If you fire him for failing as a head coach you have to pay the buyout. It's in the contract.
You have to do what you have to do. Are you going to be good with six wins next year - or less?

Football is king. Making an excuse not to fire the football coach because of any other sport is incompetent. So you're probably right.
I was actually being sarcastic. But I think you knew that.

We are in a bad situation. Things are in turmoil right now. Monday we will know more about what is going to happen. My guess is BMac is out. I think TRob is safe - although Muschamp has been calling the defense.

No, but it isn't my decision.

6 wins next year will probably get Muschamp another extension.
I'm thinking not. I'm not confident we get to six wins anyway. He's literally coaching for his head coaching career and six wins plus another loss to UPC won't get it. So, as I stated before, he'd better get serious about fixing what's broken.

I was actually being sarcastic. But I think you knew that.

We are in a bad situation. Things are in turmoil right now. Monday we will know more about what is going to happen. My guess is BMac is out. I think TRob is safe - although Muschamp has been calling the defense.
TRob has a $4.5mil buyout. BMac's is $1.5mil. TRob is top 5 in the country and BMac is top 15. Ray calls it "market value" and a great investment. Oh yeah, neither had an ounce of experience and neither has had a total offense/defense in the top 40.

I honestly think Martin has a greater chance of being fired than Muschamp. Muschamp caved to Tanner's demands of showing zero emotion on the sideline. Martin got suspended for it. Ray "Mayberry" Tanner doesn't mind losing, but he has zero tolerance for a potty mouth.

TRob has a $4.5mil buyout. BMac's is $1.5mil. TRob is top 5 in the country and BMac is top 15. Ray calls it "market value" and a great investment. Oh yeah, neither had an ounce of experience and neither has had a total offense/defense in the top 40.

I honestly think Martin has a greater chance of being fired than Muschamp. Muschamp caved to Tanner's demands of showing zero emotion on the sideline. Martin got suspended for it. Ray "Mayberry" Tanner doesn't mind losing, but he has zero tolerance for a potty mouth.
Damn!! TRob has a 4 year contract? Most coordinators get no more than 2 years.

Screw it. Pay the man not to coach. Renovations can be put on hold. Where are our priorities anyway?

I'm not opposed to firing Muschamp. It just isn't going to happen. Tanner left no room for that with his comments this week.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT