ADVERTISEMENT

How demoralizing must it be....

Everyone overreacts to everything. Early in the season, Bama was unbeatable. Coming in, Bama couldn’t beat UGA.

UGA may very well beat them in a rematch a little more from a month from now. Today was Bama’s day. But UGA is capable of beating them and will learn from this one.

I’d say Kirby is no more demoralized that 95% of America that can’t beat Saban. I’d trade our one win against him to be where UGA is at.

Everyone overreacts to everything. Early in the season, Bama was unbeatable. Coming in, Bama couldn’t beat UGA.

UGA may very well beat them in a rematch a little more from a month from now. Today was Bama’s day. But UGA is capable of beating them and will learn from this one.

I’d say Kirby is no more demoralized that 95% of America that can’t beat Saban. I’d trade our one win against him to be where UGA is at.
I'll believe Kirby can beat Saban when I see it with my own two eyes.

You don’t give up that many yards and get to call yourself the best defense of all time, or even this year. Georgia’s defense is flat out awful.

You don’t give up that many yards and get to call yourself the best defense of all time, or even this year. Georgia’s defense is flat out awful.
Really? They gave up 89 points this year. Double that and they are still the lowest scoring defense in the country.

They were bad today. Sure. But their defense is flat out awful?

You’ve got to be trolling. Georgia’s defense is very very good. Bama just had a better game plan and executed
They’re very good against bad offenses as we learned. I would never put their defense in the same category as 01 Miami or 95 Nebraska. Good? Yes. All time the best? No way in hell.

Really? They gave up 89 points this year. Double that and they are still the lowest scoring defense in the country.

They were bad today. Sure. But their defense is flat out awful?
They played a lot of bad offenses and took advantage of that. You don’t suddenly give up 41 points and get to call yourself “great”.

If trade it to be where we were then :/

It is bigger than beating Saban.

Kirby was hired to get UGA over the hump.

Remember Richt? All those talented UGA squads. Would go 9-3 or 10-2 Or win the SEC East division, and that is about it. Come up small in big games.

Kirby is also a defensive coach too. A lot of guys with defensive backgrounds (like Muschamp) play not to lose and wind up losing anyway. When the talent level is to their advantage, it doesn't matter. When the talent level is even, that is when coaching takes over. You saw it yesterday. Bama has a weak OL and their defense is suspect at times. With UGA's explosive skill players on offense, they did nothing to exploit it. While Bama called plays to help protect their OL and did well in the passing game. UGA's D was a non-factor.

Recruiting is half the battle. You still have to coach em up/develop the players and then strategize on game day.

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
I believe I heard Saban has been an underdog 3 times in the CFP era, and he won all 3 of those games by double digits. The biggest challenge Saban faces is making sure his team maintains a killer instinct, since they win it about every year. Once you start to doubt them, that’s when they are most dangerous.

UGA may very well beat them in a rematch a little more from a month from now
Maybe, but I would bet a substantial amount of money that Saban with a month to prepare vs. Smart will have even a greater advantage in preparation/strategy than he did yesterday.

Reactions: Lakecock1
You'd think inside knowledge would be different than a one way street.
They can try to emulate what he does, but they aren't him.

Plus, Saban is always looking for ways to improve. He is a different coach than who Kirby worked for years ago.

No one is saying that. I think anyone would, but why can't Saban acolytes beat him?
That response was literally to someone saying if we could trade our 1 win, we should trade to be where we were, not where UGA is.

Jimbo beat Saban this season. It can be done. It’s not just Saban clones losing to him. Everyone does.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheReelEss
That response was literally to someone saying if we could trade our 1 win, we should trade to be where we were not where UGA is.

Jimbo beat Saban this season. It can be done. It’s not just Saban clones losing to him. Everyone does.
UGA still has a shot.

I believe I heard Saban has been an underdog 3 times in the CFP era, and he won all 3 of those games by double digits. The biggest challenge Saban faces is making sure his team maintains a killer instinct, since they win it about every year. Once you start to doubt them, that’s when they are most dangerous.
Exactly. His “rat poison” comments to the press in the postgame press conference are all about this. Saban seems to use ever lever possible to get his team to compete and most often win.

That was my point. I don’t know why people don’t get this. And I don’t know why anyone would rather be who we were in 2010 than who UGA is right now?
I understand their point. Basically, we'd just like to be there NOW.

To know no matter what you do, you will never beat your mentor? Saban owns Kirby, he will Never beat Saban. This game proved a good qb will win games vs a mediocre qb with a great defense.
Just a reminder that you should wait until it’s at least guaranteed that the two won’t play each other 37 days later before making a claim like this…

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT