ADVERTISEMENT

I’m gonna be real frank here

southflcock

Nov 6, 2001
Carolina will never win if we keep recruiting QB”s from schools that have no proven history of producing superior players. Carolina will never be elite until we stop recruiting short wide outs! Carolina will never be a successful program again hiring friends as coaches! The only proven thing that will work is hiring a head coach with years of coaching! If you look at the last 30 years only 2 coaches have won here, Lou Holtz and the HBC! Both old coaches at the end of their careers! And it all starts with a new BOT and a new AD!

Carolina will never win if we keep recruiting QB”s from schools that have no proven history of producing superior players. Carolina will never be elite until we stop recruiting short wide outs! Carolina will never be a successful program again hiring friends as coaches! The only proven thing that will work is hiring a head coach with years of coaching! If you look at the last 30 years only 2 coaches have won here, Lou Holtz and the HBC! Both old coaches at the end of their careers! And it all starts with a new BOT and a new AD!
We have to get to the root of the problem and I know Tanner is one of the problems but I don't know if the BOT is the other one or not. They could be, if so let's start with them. But I agree whole hardily we have got to get to the root of the problem.

We have to get to the root of the problem and I know Tanner is one of the problems but I don't know if the BOT is the other one or not. They could be, if so let's start with them. But I agree whole hardily we have got to get to the root of the problem.
can't talk about your whole hard here

wholeheartedly, mister fuempsum

go cocks!

Let me tell yall a secret. MOST COACHES KNOW EACH OTHER THERE ALL FRIENDS.
True....but he’s talking about very personal / as in his wedding type friend. That’s basically family. That makes things very tenuous...especially when us few hundred thousand who give a d@mn have to wait to see how things go, and if we have to suffer extra because of “feelings”

True....but he’s talking about very personal / as in his wedding type friend. That’s basically family. That makes things very tenuous...especially when us few hundred thousand who give a d@mn have to wait to see how things go, and if we have to suffer extra because of “feelings”
Maybe, just maybe when Bobo pulled his stunt he turned to a friend to help out. Ever think of THAT possibility?

Freddie, you and I were on the Josh Heupel train last year. I could be wrong but, I believe he inherited a worse situation than Beamer did. Tennessee has a tough 4 games coming up. But, I suspect they will get to a bowl when it's all said and done.

If Chadwell and Napier go on to P5 schools and win big, we will ask why did we not do what it takes to get one of them here? If that happens and the Beamer experiment fails, we will need to ask the USC hiring authorities the same question that Jay Leno asked Hugh Grant when he got caught cheating on Elizabeth Hurley with a black prostitute: "What the hell were you thinking?".

I'm 69 and am slowly coming to the sad conclusion that South Carolina becoming nationally relevant in college football won't happen in my lifetime. Hopefully it will happen afterwards when I have a great view high above.

Freddie, you and I were on the Josh Heupel train last year. I could be wrong but, I believe he inherited a worse situation than Beamer did. Tennessee has a tough 4 games coming up. But, I suspect they will get to a bowl when it's all said and done.

If Chadwell and Napier go on to P5 schools and win big, we will ask why did we not do what it takes to get one of them here? If that happens and the Beamer experiment fails, we will need to ask the USC hiring authorities the same question that Jay Leno asked Hugh Grant when he got caught cheating on Elizabeth Hurley with a black prostitute: "What the hell were you thinking?".

I'm 69 and am slowly coming to the sad conclusion that South Carolina becoming nationally relevant in college football won't happen in my lifetime. Hopefully it will happen afterwards when I have a great view high above.
I'm 67 and it's been this way for as long as I can remember. I never thought I would say this, but I'm going to leave it to the younger guys. I'm pretty much done. I'll keep watching games unless I can find something else to do on Saturdays, but the outcome really doesn't matter that much to me any longer.

Our program has been in a decline six or so years, and that has picked up speed after Muschamp’s second year. Based on that, I’m not sure we were going to get any exciting coordinators. Despite your opinion on Bobo, do you think he would have taken the job without his relationship with Muschamp?

The reality is we just aren’t an attractive option right now. I don’t know if Beamer was the primary target, but I’m sure his desire to be here along with no need to pay him made him very attractive. As far as coordinators go, right now we may be considered a career gamble.

Point is, I think Beamer will be okay but his future will be tied to the Satterfield situation (either improve or move on). But I don’t think that move happens this year.

Last edited:
I'm 67 and it's been this way for as long as I can remember. I never thought I would say this, but I'm going to leave it to the younger guys. I'm pretty much done. I'll keep watching games unless I can find something else to do on Saturdays, but the outcome really doesn't matter that much to me any longer.
You don't call yourself OldWISECock for nothing.

Reactions: gamecock stock
I'll keep watching games unless I can find something else to do on Saturdays, but the outcome really doesn't matter that much to me any longer.
Fishing and golf (from the gold tees). On a day like today, better than football. Us old guys have to have something enjoyable and competitive. Fishing and golf. I don’t hunt anymore. Maybe I should take it back up.

I’m 65 and feeling the same way. We missed our chance when we did not build on the 11-win seasons.

You could have just stopped at "Carolina will never win" if you are taking about anything significant in football... as an alum, I have known this since 1994...

Reactions: alaskagamecock
Lou had a losing record as our head coach.

What are you talking about "QBs from schools that have no proven history of producing superior players"? Myrtle Beach has both a history (especially in recent years) of winning Championships and producing some damn good players. Wasn't Everett Golson in the running for Heisman a few years back?

Fishing and golf (from the gold tees). On a day like today, better than football. Us old guys have to have something enjoyable and competitive. Fishing and golf. I don’t hunt anymore. Maybe I should take it back up.
That sounds like a good plan. I do a little gardening so I've got that too. Honestly, I'm not excited about men's basketball either. It will likely be more of the same. Baseball too.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT