ADVERTISEMENT

I don't understand why we wouldn't want Golson

He is not coming here and Connor Mitch hasn't said anything.

At the very least we would keep him away from LSU, Florida, and Georgia. All of which we play. If Mitch gets his panties in a wad about competition, then he's not worth anything anyway.

I definitely want him. Mitch is nowhere near the talent level of Golson. It should say something about Mitch that our players are recruiting Golson on twitter.

I definitely want him. Mitch is nowhere near the talent level of Golson. It should say something about Mitch that our players are recruiting Golson on twitter.
Link . please for the players who are recruiting him?

He doesn't know. Golson may not come here. But anyone claiming they know one way or the other is full of it

Golson wouldn't want to come here just to be a back up to Mitch, which is what would happen. He could have stayed at ND if he wanted to be a back up. He is going to want to go somewhere he is pretty much guaranteed to start, and Spurrier is not one to give guarantees like that especially to a QB that hasn't been in our system when Mitch has.

Last edited:
Y'all are just trying to set it up the bitchfest that will be when he goes somewhere else.

Reactions: tatertime
At the very least we would keep him away from LSU, Florida, and Georgia. All of which we play. If Mitch gets his panties in a wad about competition, then he's not worth anything anyway.

"At the very least we would keep him away from LSU, Florida, and Georgia."???
Great way to build character

Do u wanna win or lose? Nobody else seems to care about character building these days. I'm all for the coach being in charge and not the players. I'm all for the old school mentality, but I'm also for winning. Bear Bryant did the same thing and most of his players had good character. So I'm not sure where you're going with that.
"At the very least we would keep him away from LSU, Florida, and Georgia."???
Great way to build character

We can put it all to rest now. Sports talk just tweeted he's most likely going to FSU. Lol. If he doesn't come here, I'm happy with that. It makes it more likely the taters won't win the division again.

1. He led the NCAA in turnovers
  2. He only has 1 year of eligibility
  3. He does not know the offense
  4. He disgraced himself
  5. We don't need anyone's rejects or leftovers

Golson wouldn't want to come here just to be a back up to Mitch, which is what would happen. He could have stayed at ND if he wanted to be a back up. He is going to want to go somewhere he is pretty much guaranteed to start, and Spurrier is not one to give guarantees like that especially to a QB that hasn't been in our system when Mitch has.
Trust me he wouldn't be backing up Mitch for long!!

He's obviously not good enough to compete at SC. He'll have to settle for FSU, LSU, Texas, UGA or some other university where they can't recruit talent at the QB position.

You people should have your heads examined.

Reactions: conCOCKshon
Not going to happen. Unless having Golson is the different in getting us to the SEC championship game, then you don't need a 1 year guy. In the long run, it's better to develope one of those younger QBs we have and let them learn by playing. With all the questions we have at WR (who other than Cooper will catch a ball), RB (can Wilds play a full season), OL (we lost 2 starters to the NFL), and our entire defense (it was pretty bad last year), adding an experience QB is not going to make the 2015 team a contender. He might be the difference in going 6-6 and 7-5, but with all the question marks we have, I think it's better to let one of these guys that we actually recruited for Spurrier's system show what they can do. I mean, we had a pretty good QB last year who put up good numbers, but we were still 6-6 in the regular season, so even if Golson puts up a few better numbers than Thompson did, it won't make that big of a difference and could cause us to lose some young promising QBs who will be here longer.

According to the local news last night, WBTW Florence/Myrtle Beach, Golson is looking at Florida State as his transfer destination. Take it for what it is worth, but they didn't mention any teams here in SC.

They said this morning that FSU is not taking him. I still dont see the downside to going after him. The offense is not that complicated that he couldnt learn it over the summer. He is a smart kid who made a mistake. We are ok at RB with Wilds and Williams. We have Cooper and I think Samuel is going to be very good. If Golson can make us better for even one year, then I hope we do it. Worked out well for Wisconsin when they took Wilson.

Golson had 14 interceptions and 8 fumbles last seasons. That is 22 turnovers in one season! I can't see it being that much of a stretch to think that Mitch would outperform Golson.

I don't understand why we WOULD want Golson. Even if he comes in and has a good season he would maybe give us one more win? We would only be hurting ourselves in the long run, the snaps that Golson would get could go towards the development of one of the future quarterbacks. Bringing in one year transfers isn't the way to go if you're wanting to build a solid program. I understand the desire to bring in a guy that has had a level of success, especially when we don't have a proven QB on staff, but I say we stick with what we have and let some other school pluck Golson off the market.

Wasnt outplayed by an underclassmen but the NC State coach was going to play Glennon over him. Not saying Golson is Russell Wilson but having Golson to compete for a spot is a win win.

Like Spurrier, but he is to bull headed to seek Golson. If anyone thinks we are set at QB this season, then think again. We will have some issues there.

Reactions: Bleedgandb3334
I don't understand why we WOULD want Golson. Even if he comes in and has a good season he would maybe give us one more win? We would only be hurting ourselves in the long run, the snaps that Golson would get could go towards the development of one of the future quarterbacks. Bringing in one year transfers isn't the way to go if you're wanting to build a solid program. I understand the desire to bring in a guy that has had a level of success, especially when we don't have a proven QB on staff, but I say we stick with what we have and let some other school pluck Golson off the market.
Using that logic then Dawn should have never pulled in the one year transfer from Virginia for the women's basketball program. Do not remember any discontent among the ranks over that move.

Nobody said he was great. But if he can help us win then why not. If he comes and beats out Mitch then Spurrier and Mangus feel he would give us the best chance to win. As far as disrupting chemistry or hurting feelings? This is college fb. No promises should be made for playing time for any of them.

Reactions: Bleedgandb3334
I disagree, all your assumptions are based on nothing changing on defense. Clearly to me, we will at least be coached on defense. That's more than I can say since Ward was the coordinator. I've been over that many times so I won't go there. I understand your points on offense though, but to me it's better to have an experienced QB than not to have one.
Not going to happen. Unless having Golson is the different in getting us to the SEC championship game, then you don't need a 1 year guy. In the long run, it's better to develope one of those younger QBs we have and let them learn by playing. With all the questions we have at WR (who other than Cooper will catch a ball), RB (can Wilds play a full season), OL (we lost 2 starters to the NFL), and our entire defense (it was pretty bad last year), adding an experience QB is not going to make the 2015 team a contender. He might be the difference in going 6-6 and 7-5, but with all the question marks we have, I think it's better to let one of these guys that we actually recruited for Spurrier's system show what they can do. I mean, we had a pretty good QB last year who put up good numbers, but we were still 6-6 in the regular season, so even if Golson puts up a few better numbers than Thompson did, it won't make that big of a difference and could cause us to lose some young promising QBs who will be here longer.

First off, Golson is not coming here.

But, as for the "turnovers" thing y'all keep harping on: True, he turned it over a bunch. But he also passed for 3,400 yards and 29 touchdowns on a team that beat LSU in a bowl game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT