ADVERTISEMENT

"I'm Stunned" - Those are the words of Tommy Suggs just now...

I'm not happy we lost but I'm OK with it. Like the end of a relationship where you've come to the hard truth that changes need to be made. Muschamp now has no excuses for this season. It's over before it began. Forget the BS, best team ever, hardest schedule ever BS. He just got exposed by a true freshman, 2-9 team. SAME EFFING INEFFECTUAL SHIT he's done his entire tenure here. Terrible offensively, terrible defensively, deer in headlights, unfit to coach expression.

It may suck today, but long-term it's needed.

P.S. FU too Tanner. You gave this bum a job. And raises to boot!

Let’s remember those big staff raises after the 28-0 beat down by Virginia to end last season? Something ain’t right!

I remember a large portion of our fanbase referring to that as a "Meaningless Bowl Game" and being OK with Deebo bailing on the team to get ready for the NFL Draft.

It starts with Tanner. He's destroyed us since becoming AD.

Until yesterday, I was on board with Muschamp.

Fire Tanner, Fire Muschamp. Name interim head coach. Bench Jake and start Hilinski next week.

MAJOR changes from QB to OC need to be made and implemented in the next 6 days; if not, then this team has zilch hope.

I'm stunned as-much-as Scruggs. I am disappointed beyond verbal explanation.

I am sorry to say this but it is not just on Bentley.

The defense could not stop the UNC run in the 4th quarter.
The defense could not stop the UNC pass in the 4th quarter.
Our running game looked bad, and not really coordinated the last 3 quarters.
The HC saw this situation and could not make adjustments to strategy, nor could he try some trick play, etc., to help regain momentum.
We kept trying to run the ball even though it should have been obvious that we did not have a running game.

On paper we have just as good or better athletes as UNC. So we are not behind there.

Maybe Muschamp is not a good evaluator, or maybe not a good game day motivator.

There is no easy, simple change that will fix this.
I disagree somewhat. Bentley has a lot of the blame as he cannot sustain a drive and the defense has lost confidence. He missed wide open receivers all night and missed a wide open winner in the last drive by 15 yards. I could have won that game and I am 58. No way a senior qb misses that play.

I'm not stunned. Aside from a couple years with JoMo, 2 or 3 years with Lou, and a 3 year run with SOS this is what I've seen my whole life.
I am actually grateful for those approximately 7 years. That proves the right coach can do it, even if only for a short time.

There is no chicken curse, dear Brutus, the answer is in ourselves and not in the stars.

lol I’m sure he’s all smiles today
Believe it or not football doesn't make a university. However, Clempsons history of football is cheating. A 3 year bowl and 3 year tv ban in 1982. The worst ncaa punishment ever until smu got the death penalty. Everyone knows clemp son is buying players again. What would any 18-19 year old college football stud find appealing about Pickens SC? The beaches, the bars, the chicks. Compared to,fsu,Miami, Florida, Georgia and national powers like Ohio state, Michigan, LSU, etc before clemp son started buying players again. It's laughable the cheating going on at clempson again and the ncaa does nothing. Congrats on going.500 against powerhouse south Carolina the past decade Clemson.

Speaking of that freshman QB. Man, I wish he had taken a 100 mile ride down to Columbia. Kid is pretty good.

The UNC kid reminded me a lot of Stephen Garcia, for some reason.

McLendon has to go. Look what a difference UNC's OC hire made.[/QUOTE You know I just wonder if the OC is being told what type of stuff to call and or doesnt feel he has the freedom to call what he wants.Chump swears he doesn't intefere but this shit follows him everywhere he goes.This offense looked nothing like the wide open stuff we ran mostly last year. I think iit may not matter who was OC.Cut off the snake at the head.

It’s frustrating to tune into just about every other game, and see a starting college QB be able to throw the ball successfully downfield. I watched most of the 2nd half of the Fresno State/Southern Cal game, and the Trojans FR (think he’s true) has more poise in the pocket. Their starter went out for the year in the game. Also, the Fresno State QB is a 100% baller. Kid had the dirtiest uniform on the field by far. He did throw a costly int at the end, but his 36 yard pass on 4th and 10 to get them in the red zone was awesome. Even Hurts with his weird release, can still throw a wide open slant right between the numbers and the face mask. No making a 6’5” guy jump for it. Lincoln Riley must be a QB savant.

Not to mention the true freshman we played, who has a lot of poise, and threw some nice balls, particularly on the 2 TD’s

Last edited:
We are trying to run an offence that does not suit the personnel we are playing with. Jake is not a runner and we are running an option. What makes it worse is he has also lost his confidence to throw the ball. He over throws all his receivers plus he stairs down the receiver he is throwing to. I think his Dad did not do him any favors by letting him leave high school early. He really should be a red shirt sophomore now but that ship has sailed. We would be better off either going with Hilinski or I would put Joyner back there and at least have a true option and not let him throw a pass more than 10 to 15 yards. It is hard to tell how good the Oline is because defenses key on stopping the run and they do not believe Bentley can beat them. I truly believe the QB position is the cancer that is destroying the entire team and we have created it buy trying to put a square peg in a round hole.
The narrative about Bentley leaving High School early is a farce. He repeated the 8th grade, so he was the appropriate age when he finished High School. He just doesn't have a high football IQ....never has, never will.

Reactions: OldWiseCock
The narrative about Bentley leaving High School early is a farce. He repeated the 8th grade, so he was the appropriate age when he finished High School. He just doesn't have a high football IQ....never has, never will.
I never mentioned his age. He still could have played 1 more year of HS football and could have Red Shirted. That would make him a RS Sophomore. Who knows what maturity could do to anyone.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT