ADVERTISEMENT

Is CockyTalk dead for good?

I hope it returns Jersey Bird was the only person you could go to for our women's the equestrian events updates. Post game commentary on Football, Basketball and Baseball had knowledge folks.

Reactions: Conway Gamecock
I hope it returns Jersey Bird was the only person you could go to for our women's the equestrian events updates. Post game commentary on Football, Basketball and Baseball had knowledge folks.
As long as they didn't criticize. It seemed like anytime a thread got to be too criticizing in the minds of the mods -- however justified -- they would shut it down and/or ban posters. It's the main reason many of us just gave up on that site.

As long as they didn't criticize. It seemed like anytime a thread got to be too criticizing in the minds of the mods -- however justified -- they would shut it down and/or ban posters. It's the main reason many of us just gave up on that site.
Correct. It was our version of "The Bad Apple." Got boring on a daily basis.

Reactions: Legendary Cock
Whereas here the problem is too many “taters”. Maybe people are just irrational

I realized the mods, especially Spurticus, was full of crap after I went to practice and read his report. It was laughable at best. He might have been 30% right. I realized then if you type a book and sound half ass decent everyone would believe you. Of course I got banned

Anyone here know?

I know some here dislike it, but I read about any Gamecock board I can find to soak up any/all Gamecock sports info possible. I hope it returns.
I hope not. How could I live without hearing what ERICVOL thinks about UT's pending run of national championships. I'm sure nobody is surprised, but I got banned from that site. It didn't take long.

I hope not. How could I live without hearing what ERICVOL thinks about UT's pending run of national championships. I'm sure nobody is surprised, but I got banned from that site. It didn't take long.
I think I finally 'ignored' that doofus. LOL

Oh if you're a fan of any other team they love you over there. They fall all over themselves to make you happy and defend you if any mean old Gamecock trash talks you about your team.

Oh if you're a fan of any other team they love you over there. They fall all over themselves to make you happy and defend you if any mean old Gamecock trash talks you about your team.
Yep, I got the ban hammer during the Lane Kiffin era (error) for pushing back against the Rocky Top propaganda. Eric, however, continued on as a mainstay.

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
It's crazy to see so many poster's here talk about being banned at CT, but honestly I can see why. Most poster's here are so negative, that I can't tell the real fans from the trolls during the season.
You can't tell it by the negativity, either. Lots of die-hard, lifelong fans are negative, either by temperament, or by being beaten down by the futility..

Good riddance.

EDIT: Chuck Hoskins (the guy who started it) was an okay dude, but when he stopped being involved and some others took over (or were running it for him), they got ban happy. You couldn't have an opinion that wasn't GLOWING about any and all. If you did, people would attack your opinion, you would defend it and then you get banned.

It's still down. All forums have their faults, but I really enjoyed the recruiting news over there.

It's still down. All forums have their faults, but I really enjoyed the recruiting news over there.

I want all Gamecock forums to be successful. They say it is down for maintenance. But what college fan forum does maintenance on signing day week. Whatever the issue is I certainly hope they get it fixed.

Reactions: 92Pony
I miss old CockyTalk. It has really gone downhill the past few years and I wouldn't blame them for shutting it down.
That place went from one extreme to the other. In the past, they banned everybody. Then it turned into an online Thunder Dome.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT