ADVERTISEMENT

It sickens me when I realize Muschamp ran our program so far into the ground it's going to take

Yes 9 out of the last 10. But only 1 of the last 2, with that one loss being fairly close. If you disagree with that, say so. But I don't know how you can. Like it or not, there really has not been much difference between the programs in the past 2 seasons when you consider that we play a SEC schedule while they play an ACC schedule. And that bewilders Clemson fans. There's a reason why Dabo does not want to go into the SEC.
Can’t be serious when the gamecocks bring in dozens from the portal and then the better players leave and what’s brought in isn’t an upgrade and when the losing starts the portal guys get lazy and lost and can’t play for several weeks. Tigers haven’t lost their best players from the portal. Below average QB play will hurt most programs as the gamecock fans know so well.

Can’t be serious when the gamecocks bring in dozens from the portal and then the better players leave and what’s brought in isn’t an upgrade and when the losing starts the portal guys get lazy and lost and can’t play for several weeks. Tigers haven’t lost their best players from the portal. Below average QB play will hurt most programs as the gamecock fans know so well.
And yet both programs have been relatively equal in the past 2 seasons.

There's a difference between the recent past and what may happen in the future.

As in record? Equal in being 1-1? Yep no doubt that Beamer has the gamecocks moving in the right direction.
As I said in the my comment before my last comment: we play a SEC football schedule whereas Clemson plays an ACC schedule. So, comparing overall records does not provide an accurate picture of where both programs were in 2022 and 2023.. Going head-to-head on the field does. In the past 2 games, head-to-head, the games have been tight, going into the 4th quarter, the outcome of the games being in doubt. That's not the definition of being mountains ahead of a program. But that is not indicative of where the programs will be in the future.

Yes 9 out of the last 10. But only 1 of the last 2, with that one loss being fairly close. If you disagree with that, say so. But I don't know how you can. Like it or not, there really has not been much difference between the programs in the past 2 seasons when you consider that we play a SEC schedule while they play an ACC schedule. And that bewilders Clemson fans. There's a reason why Dabo does not want to go into the SEC.

lol it was only close on the scoreboard because of how bad Clemson was last year. We weren't even competitive with them this past year. Which is why our HC punted instead of even trying to win the game.

lol it was only close on the scoreboard because of how bad Clemson was last year. We weren't even competitive with them this past year. Which is why our HC punted instead of even trying to win the game.
Their offense scored a total of 3 long field goals and we weren't competitive? Is defense no longer part of the game in your eyes?

Their offense scored a total of 3 long field goals and we weren't competitive? Is defense no longer part of the game in your eyes?

Yeah, their defense is why we weren't even competitive with them. Our defense wasn't great, their offense was just awful.

Yeah, their defense is why we weren't even competitive with them. Our defense wasn't great, their offense was just awful.
Their defense was Top 10 all season. Ranked above UGA. Our offense was depleting and one-dimensional at the end of the year.

Their defense was Top 10 all season. Ranked above UGA. Our offense was depleting and one-dimensional at the end of the year.

Indeed. That's why the game wasn't even close even though the scoreline gave you and other false hope that it was close.

As I said in the my comment before my last comment: we play a SEC football schedule whereas Clemson plays an ACC schedule. So, comparing overall records does not provide an accurate picture of where both programs were in 2022 and 2023.. Going head-to-head on the field does. In the past 2 games, head-to-head, the games have been tight, going into the 4th quarter, the outcome of the games being in doubt. That's not the definition of being mountains ahead of a program. But that is not indicative of where the programs will be in the future.
Gamecocks rankings for 2022 and 2023? Is it that the Tigers have fallen so badly that now the gamecocks are on neutral territory? Or is it that the gamecocks have risen up to the Tigers level?

Gamecocks rankings for 2022 and 2023? Is it that the Tigers have fallen so badly that now the gamecocks are on neutral territory? Or is it that the gamecocks have risen up to the Tigers level?
As usual, we’ll get the guys the rest of the SEC teams don’t sign.

Indeed. That's why the game wasn't even close even though the scoreline gave you and other false hope that it was close.
Hindsight. That's how it shook out. The game was close as it was a defensive game. You've called Rattler our best QB ever which is quite a reach. You didn't believe there was a chance we could score a few TDs versus CU in that game when we were able to do it against similar competition?

Hindsight. That's how it shook out. The game was close as it was a defensive game. You've called Rattler our best QB ever which is quite a reach. You didn't believe there was a chance we could score a few TDs versus CU in that game when we were able to do it against similar competition?
No. That's how bad our coaching staff is that the greatest QB in our history couldn't score in the last 3 quarters of the game.

Beamer may not still be here if not for Rattler.
Can't go with you there. Rattler had talent but the offense was too focused on him and he was too focused on trying to cram it in to one or two receivers. As a result, there was no offensive development. It was like watching an old school video game. Granted, the loss of players like Lloyd, Bell and Wells at the beginning of the season also played a major role.

Can't go with you there. Rattler had talent but the offense was too focused on him and he was too focused on trying to cram it in to one or two receivers. As a result, there was no offensive development. It was like watching an old school video game. Granted, the loss of players like Lloyd, Bell and Wells at the beginning of the season also played a major role.

That's an interesting topic. One could argue that Rattler had no help, and was carrying the team.

I think we can all agree he had a BAD offensive line in front of him, and let's say "questionable" running back talent. And we certainly had issues at wide receiver too.

That's an interesting topic. One could argue that Rattler had no help, and was carrying the team.

I think we can all agree he had a BAD offensive line in front of him, and let's say "questionable" running back talent. And we certainly had issues at wide receiver too.
100%. That been a never ending story for us. The OL sucked for a long time even under Spurrier.

Reactions: Lurker123

Lurker you are 100% right. I was thinking when Elliott was hired that our OLs were nothing to write home about when he was here. The positive I get from that hire is that Elliott;s worst lines here were better than Teasley's last year. So, with help from Elliott, the Teasley OL this coming season might be better than last year's, the worst OL here in my memory. But that bar is very low.

Reactions: Lurker123
You certainly don't have to. But I don't think we beat Tennessee or Clemson without Rattler. Maybe I'm the only one that considers those games to be Beamer's most significant wins in his career. Would he be here today without those wins after what happened last season? Maybe?
I think the supporting cast that left at the end of that season doesn't get enough credit. It was obvious Rattler needed those pieces last season.

Do what
Then why couldn't he do it last season with basically the same quality OL?
Do what? Rattler's stats were better last year than '22. With a worse OL in my opinion.

Passing
SEASONTEAM
OKLA
OKLA
OKLA
OKLA
OKLA
OKLA
SC
SC
SC
SC

CMPATTCMP%YDSAVGTDINTLNGSACKRTG

Last edited:
Reactions: uscwatson21
basically the same quality OL?
I think last years OL were turnstiles compared to '22. And they weren't so good either. Think what Rattler could have done with 2.7 seconds of pocket time. We know what he did last year with pressure from the snap. We see the stats.

I think last years OL were turnstiles compared to '22. And they weren't so good either. Think what Rattler could have done with 2.7 seconds of pocket time. We know what he did last year with pressure from the snap. We see the stats.
Rattler piled up alot of junk yards and TDs last season and a decent part of 2022. He needed a good supporting cast to win games.

Rattler piled up alot of junk yards and TDs last season and a decent part of 2022. He needed a good supporting cast to win games.
Notice the drop off in interceptions with the increase in sacks.

Rattler had talent but the offense was too focused on him
I wish. The first year he played here I thought they should let Rattler be Rattler. Let him sling it all over the place instead of whatever dink and dunk thing that Satterfield ran, always trying to establish a run game that was nonexistent. Throw it 90% of the time. Max protect if you have to. And I don't mean two running backs back there with Rattler. I mean the back up offensive tackles.

Reactions: PaleoCock
Notice the drop off in interceptions with the increase in sacks.

I wish. The first year he played here I thought they should let Rattler be Rattler. Let him sling it all over the place instead of whatever dink and dunk thing that Satterfield ran, always trying to establish a run game that was nonexistent. Throw it 90% of the time. Max protect if you have to. And I don't mean two running backs back there with Rattler. I mean the back up offensive tackles.
It's a chicken or the egg issue. Rattler needed more quality outlets last season in my opinion and that wasn't available because most of the guys he counted on in 2022 left or were injured. Instead, he focused last season on throwing to one or two guys running longer routes downfield. Not good with a week OL.

It's a chicken or the egg issue. Rattler needed more quality outlets last season in my opinion and that wasn't available because most of the guys he counted on in 2022 left or were injured. Instead, he focused last season on throwing to one or two guys running longer routes downfield. Not good with a week OL.

If Rattler needed help, you must be petrified this season for Sellers?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT