ADVERTISEMENT

It's officially a cluster.

see ya! now gtfooh.
Unless Boom is a huge success, expect a LOT more of this. With the increase in Club fees, seat licenses and ticket prices, fans are going to start expecting results for that money. If no results, our stadium will look like an ACC stadium sans Clemson or FSU. This is no longer a nice Saturday tailgating party with the sideshow of a football game to break up the party.

It is definitely a mess. I surfed a few SEC team boards, and the reaction to our apparent Muschamp hire ranges from laughter to relief that we did not land a quality coach. Several posts echoing our own reactions of "why did it take 2 1/2 months if they were just going to hire Muschamp?" I will hope for the best, but this is not a home run hire, or even a duck snorter.

Oh...this is going to be a point of embarrassment for years to come. Sports writers, commentators, analyst, rival fans, HS coaches....this is sending a message alright. It reaffirms the notion we have tried to overcome....the Graveyard of coaches.

Show me proof he could recruit players in the offensive side of the ball..show me what Florida has that he recruited ..how do we know he can change? Because he said so? Smh
He had the 7th best recruiting class in 2013... pretty good in my opinion. He failed at recruiting a qb but we played a walk on all season so I'm sure he'll manage to do better than that, not to mention we might still snag Mcllwain. I don't like him at all but he can recruit and he has all the motivation in the world to change and do well.

He had the 7th best recruiting class in 2013... pretty good in my opinion. He failed at recruiting a qb but we played a walk on all season so I'm sure he'll manage to do better than that, not to mention we might still snag Mcllwain. I don't like him at all but he can recruit and he has all the motivation in the world to change and do well.
IIRC, Muschamp did recruit Grier who was doing very well until he was suspended. Muschamp's issue has never been recruiting or defense, it was his inability to stay out of the offense. He wanted a slow, methodical offense that is difficult to work in the SEC...heck, even Bama is changing theirs. Muschamp needs to sign a good OC, let the OC pick his staff (no Jr. or Elliott), and keep his nose out of it.

IIRC, Muschamp did recruit Grier who was doing very well until he was suspended. Muschamp's issue has never been recruiting or defense, it was his inability to stay out of the offense. He wanted a slow, methodical offense that is difficult to work in the SEC...heck, even Bama is changing theirs. Muschamp needs to sign a good OC, let the OC pick his staff (no Jr. or Elliott), and keep his nose out of it.
Bad habits die hard though. He might stay out the first year but will slowly go back to his old ways.

YALL ARE ALL CRAZY
CHAMP IS AN EXCELLENT COACH WITH THE FIRE AND PASSION WE NEED AND THE CONNECTIONS
TO COACHES FOR STAFF AND RECRUITING
HE HAS BEEN A TOP COORDINATOR FOR YEARS WITH HIS DEF FOR THE MOST PART RANKING
NEAR THE TOP .
MYER LEFT HIM A DISASTER AT FLORIDA AND HE STILL WAS COACH OF YEAR AND I THINK WON 11 ONE YEAR
I KNOW HE HAD BAD TIMES TO BUT GEEZ MOST DO

BESIDES BETWEEN HIM AND COACH FRANK WE WOULD HAVE THE BEST EYE BULGING PASSIONATE COACHES IN THE LAND
LETS GET IT ON !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have posted virtually nothing during this process in the hopes that Ray Tanner was handling this well. I gave him the benefit of the doubt. I tried my best to ignore all the rumors and tweets and the endless barrage of the 24/7 media circus. Up until this morning, I thought Herman was possibly still coming. Why else would Tanner continue to drag this out? Now I see. It's because he had a simple plan with no back up. How is that possible? He had a search firm and a committee helping him! Remember he and Spurrier saying that by retiring/resigning in the middle of the season we had the jump on everyone else? Apparently not! Just about everyone else has gone out and hired a coach. UGA and Miami got theirs in a couple of days. Same with VT. Their fan bases are ecstatic about their new coaches and rightfully so. No matter who Tanner hires at this point, we are going to be divided and a significant portion of the fans are going to be angry and upset.

Tanner has failed miserably at this. Recruits are bailing left and right. If it ends up being Elliot or Muschamp or Fedora consider this a complete disaster. Right out the gate instead of building excitement and buzz for the new staff and the direction of the program, it's going to be time and energy wasted putting out fires, answering questions, deflecting negativity in the media, and spinning. This is NOT how you run a business.

I believe at this point you may as well go with the kid from OU. It's a huge gamble, but the other choices are disasters.
I would be thrilled with Riley.

Nobody wanted Muschamp. I just understand the reasoning. He was fired a year ago by Florida and moved on to Auburn where is defense was awful. And all hear is excuses. Meyers left him no players (except 20 future NLF players, including several first and second rounders), his AD hamstrung his offense (give me a break) and Auburn had no players (Same as excuse #1). I'm totally confused why Tanner hired this guy unless he got snowed by Spurrier. Need I remind everyone what Spurrier's last coaching hires accomplished at USC?
Spurriers' biggest problem at USC was his carelessness (or arrogance) that led him to hire several terrible assistant coaches...then he rufused to replace them. Why in the world did RT let SOS pick his replacement??

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT