ADVERTISEMENT

Jason Brown

What’s the issue with Corey Miller?

He wanted Spurrier to kiss his feet along with Rick Stanford when at the time Spurrier was trying to bring in former players... Corey made an ass of himself and when his son was being highly recruited, I don't think Spurrier gave him the love knowing that Corey Miller would be a cancer in the locker room and other parents... This my opinion only...

Shane better watch his back around Miller, but I am sure he knows that having worked with Spurrier.

What I listened to back in the day was Miller was upset about Brad Lawling being dismissed and the hiring of Deke Adams, his son committed to Lawling at UF before ultimately ending up at Alabama.

He was on the radio, complaining about the Deke Adams hire saying he was a no nothing no name, criticizing Spurring over hiring Adams.

I didn't like it at the time, because we were rolling but he was right in hindsight about Adams.

What I listened to back in the day was Miller was upset about Brad Lawling being dismissed and the hiring of Deke Adams, his son committed to Lawling at UF before ultimately ending up at Alabama.

He was on the radio, complaining about the Deke Adams hire saying he was a no nothing no name, criticizing Spurring over hiring Adams.

I didn't like it at the time, because we were rolling but he was right in hindsight about Adams.

Miller has an agenda. Watch and see.
Miller wanted to be a coach at SC. He never finished his degree, which means that can't happen. It's on him. Either way, he takes everything too personally. Coaches have to think like mercenaries because all gigs come to an end and they have to move on. Burning bridges everywhere wouldn't work.

ONE GAME does not make a player - he was 14 of 24 = 58% for 175 yards for crying out loud - if they would have lost he too would be getting slammed just like Doty and Nolan have been - I hope he does well and can bring us a few more wins but what little I've seen of him play does not make him the next coming of Conner Shaw.

ONE GAME does not make a player - he was 14 of 24 = 58% for 175 yards for crying out loud - if they would have lost he too would be getting slammed just like Doty and Nolan have been - I hope he does well and can bring us a few more wins but what little I've seen of him play does not make him the next coming of Conner Shaw.
We went conservative in the fourth quarter running clock, during which time he threw away four because no one got open on the plays we ran, like he's supposed to do and I feel sure was told to do. Add in Joyner's drop in the end zone and Joyner's drop on the sideline, and the picture is clearer.

Jasons play is bigger than the stats. He guided them to a win and had NO turn overs. But I guess people have got to complain.

Last edited:
He did extend plays and was always looking downfield. That helps to open up the run game.

always looking downfield.

That was a key, even Josh Vann alluded to it in his post game comments, as a QB JB, brings this to the table when he extends a play.

Vann did not knock the other guys but we know Zeb can not extend a play and Doty seemed to have trouble keeping his eyes downfield.

Last edited:
Jason Brown played about as well as a QB could play on Saturday. I'll admit, I had questions before the game about whether he could control the turnovers that we saw from him in his appearances earlier. No question that the kid had an arm, just his decision making. But I did like the fact that he was trying to get something/anything going. At this point in the year, it was time to try something different. He passed the test for me, he should get the snaps the rest of the year. A gunslinger type approach is what it's going to take to win the games left IMO. IF we can run the ball like we did Saturday, it will open up the passing game, and hopefully Brown can shine.

Reactions: WingchunCock
Jason Brown played about as well as a QB could play on Saturday. I'll admit, I had questions before the game about whether he could control the turnovers that we saw from him in his appearances earlier. No question that the kid had an arm, just his decision making. But I did like the fact that he was trying to get something/anything going. At this point in the year, it was time to try something different. He passed the test for me, he should get the snaps the rest of the year. A gunslinger type approach is what it's going to take to win the games left IMO. IF we can run the ball like we did Saturday, it will open up the passing game, and hopefully Brown can shine.
Chief you from NMB?

Agree here, it’s 1 game, and FL is a shit show, perfect timing for a struggling program.

• Haha
Reactions: kidrobinski
We went conservative in the fourth quarter running clock, during which time he threw away four because no one got open on the plays we ran, like he's supposed to do and I feel sure was told to do. Add in Joyner's drop in the end zone and Joyner's drop on the sideline, and the picture is clearer.

True. Doty has had to throw the ball away a bunch as well, either b/c nobody got open or because the OL was so porous that he had no time and had to throw it away in duress. Would be curious to see his stats minus the forced throwaways.

Hmmm, just did a double check. Brown only threw the ball 2x in the 4th quarter. It would be a statistical marvel to have 4 throwaways on only 2 attempts. The first was a throwaway. The second he threw wide of Legette.

Another picture is quite clear too.

You can quote that stat until the cows come home, but there are 2 stats that completely overshadow his completion percentage:

1. He led an offense that scored on 7 of its first 8 possessions!
2. 40-17

Let those more important stats sink in for a while.

You can quote that stat until the cows come home, but there are 2 stats that completely overshadow his completion percentage:

1. He led an offense that scored on 7 of its first 8 possessions!
2. 40-17

Let those more important stats sink in for a while.
The key was the completions were made when needed to keep drives going, and the two TD passes were on the money.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT