ADVERTISEMENT

Napier got a better job…

Who cares. It's better to have the right coach for one year than the wrong coach for 4.
Who's to say he would be the right coach for a year? You do realize kiffin didn't exactly kill it at UT for the year he was there, right? In the end, they were worse off than they began.

Yea, he did well at Ole Miss....but that's no garuntee he would do the same at usc.

Who's to say he would be the right coach for a year? You do realize kiffin didn't exactly kill it at UT for the year he was there, right? In the end, they were worse off than they began.

Yea, he did well at Ole Miss....but that's no garuntee he would do the same at usc.

I mean if UF still wanted to hire him after a year here, it would have been an indication he was the right hire.

Gotta look at it in view of the hypothetical.

If SC were to have hired him, I wonder how many would’ve criticized the move due to him playing at FCS Furman and/or being a Clemson coach and being fired by Dabo. I’m happy with Beamer and hope he implements necessary changes to the program. Life is good - Peace!

Thinking the same thing. Does he have the recruiting chops? Easier to recruit to LSU with less stiff in state competition than in Florida.

Florida is easy to recruit. The state of Florida has plenty of blue-chip recruits. It is not like the state of Tenn or South Carolina. It feeds multiple programs like the state of Texas and California.

Zook was a monster recruiter. Pretty-much gift-wrapped Urban's first National title to him. Zook still got fired.

Spurrier would rather play golf than recruit. But Spurrier could coach em up and wanted to make sure he had a legit d-coordinator working for him or he'd make a change with a quickness.

Does Napier have the coaching and administrative chops to win at an elite school? He did well at Louisiana and is well-known as a recruiter. Is he ready for the next step or will he reach his ceiling like Mullen and McElwain? Remains to be seen.

Reactions: rogue cock
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT