ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA Bribery Scandal - Bowen article

GandBinNC

GarnetTrust.com Member/Supporter
Jul 12, 2011
Raleigh, NC (from Columbia, SC)
Interesting article for sure, but the truth is he was never going to play here, nor did he ever want to be here.

He never wanted to play in Australia either, I'm quite sure. Life has thrown some curveballs his way. I'd imagine he would have been very happy playing here, even if it wasn't his first choice, or how he envisioned things working out.

"Dinos Trigonis has been involved in AAU basketball for more than 25 years. “Did they deserve to lose their jobs? Probably so. They knew what the rules were, they violated the rules, amateurism, NCAA,” he says. “Do they deserve to have felonies on their record and go to jail? Dragged through the federal criminal system? No. The NCAA cares more about their own self-interest than they care about the kids. They care about power.”

These coaches are not going to jail for anything they did in violation of NCAA rules. The NCAA has nothing to do with this. They broke real federal laws, and are having their days in court, and are pleading guilty. They broke the law. They deserve to go to jail, as a penalty for their criminal actions. End of story.

This article is trash. It is a shout out that nothing is being learned from all this. The guilty that take advantage of kids for profit are constantly being described as saints in this article, and that breaking law is irrelevant. This corruption will continue on, unabated by this. No one cares at all to learn anything from this....

These coaches are not going to jail for anything they did in violation of NCAA rules. The NCAA has nothing to do with this. They broke real federal laws, and are having their days in court, and are pleading guilty. They broke the law. They deserve to go to jail, as a penalty for their criminal actions. End of story.

This article is trash. It is a shout out that nothing is being learned from all this. The guilty that take advantage of kids for profit are constantly being described as saints in this article, and that breaking law is irrelevant. This corruption will continue on, unabated by this. No one cares at all to learn anything from this....

I'm not sure we read the same article. I didn't see anyone described as a saint. Nor was anyone demonized. Life is not so simple. There are shades of grey and complexity to the story, which I thought the article did an admirable job of capturing.

Perhaps it was not as sterilized and polarized as you would have preferred. Not everything fits neatly into a "good" box and a "bad" box. Think critically. Have some compassion. Have a little depth.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT