ADVERTISEMENT

Nick Saban

That will be interesting. I'll go with an in-house hire, Lanning or Franklin. Choosing one -- Lanning.

Dabo is locked in a heavy contract and looks a little vulnerable after the Venables departure.

Kiffin seems to really like his groove at Ole Miss. He could potentially use the opportunity as leverage for a refinance though. :)

Get out the popcorn, this is going to be fun! I think Dabo is like a lot of us and about tired of this BS!

Reactions: Robhawk29
I would not want to face Kiffin with Alabama resources behind him.

And I don't think Alabam goes after Dabo. His star has fallen. They want national titles and to compete for them yearly. Dabo won't do that refusing to use the portal.

Reactions: cockn'fyr
I would not want to face Kiffin with Alabama resources behind him.

And I don't think Alabam goes after Dabo. His star has fallen. They want national titles and to compete for them yearly. Dabo won't do that refusing to use the portal.
Kiffin has come a long way since the debacle in Knoxville. Ole Miss is eating up the portal and recruiting well. Kiffin is on the rise, whereas Dabo is on the slide downward. He has fallen out of the hunt for the national championship. I thought that Clemson would be contenders for some time to come with the QB talent that came after Trevor Lawrence, but not so.

Reactions: Lurker123
Five years ago, it would have been Dabo. Now I would bet Lanning.

Yep. But I bet he wants it. Dabo sees the writing on the wall with NIL. Clemson won't be able to compete. The only way Clemson was able to win those titles pre-NIL was by bringing in classes loaded with 5 stars. Sometimes five or six in the same class. Lucky to have one since NIL kicked in. Bama has been rolling along just like before. From the estimates, it looks like Bama spends almost 3 times as much as Clemson. That's huge.

Lanning is who they want. He was a GA @Bama. So, they know him and, he certainly has done well @Oregon.

Dabo would be crazy to leave. Can't see it happening.

No matter what he does at Bama, he won't be thought of there as Nick Saban. At Clemson, he has 2 National titles. He's Clemson's Nick Saban.

He makes a boatload of money. Can't see that being an issue with him at all. Clemson would match Bama in salary.

Still easier to end up in the top 12 at Clemson that at Bama- or a wash at best.

Dabos' entire family is in Clemson. He even has a few of his closest friends at Alabama that now work for his foundation in Clemson. One bought his old house several years ago. At his age, uprooting his entire family seems nuts and makes no sense.

Clemson is home to him at this point and has been for awhile- and it's home to his children.

He reportedly loves the lake and he's right next to Lake Hartwell and Lake Keowee.

It just makes no sense that he'd seriously be interested. Talk to them as a courtesy if asked, yes.

Reactions: 6thDanTKD
I think Saban got tired of the portal and paying players…

nah. He seemed to take the portal stuff in stride.

He and his wife went to Italy last summer. He talked about that vacation several times before the football season in glowing terms. It had been something he and his wife had wanted to do.

I think I recall him saying that he actually wasn't in contact with anyone for a few days while on vacation.

I thought then that he seemed to be talking about that time off a lot- a lot more than I had heard hi talk about such a thing in the past. It actually made me think then that he might be ready to hang things up and enjoy some things with his wife like travel.

Clemson fans have become spoiled and entitled. They won't be happy with 9 wins, and he won't like being questioned or criticized about it. Gonna be epic.

They might not like it, but it's minimal pressure in the grand scheme of things given the alternative.

nah. He seemed to take the portal stuff in stride.

He and his wife went to Italy last summer. He talked about that vacation several times before the football season in glowing terms. It had been something he and his wife had wanted to do.

I think I recall him saying that he actually wasn't in contact with anyone for a few days while on vacation.

I thought then that he seemed to be talking about that time off a lot- a lot more than I had heard hi talk about such a thing in the past. It actually made me think then that he might be ready to hang things up and enjoy some things with his wife like travel.

Good Grief. You sound like his travel agent or personal assistant. Please post a link.

Saban has been critical of the NIL and portal from JumpStreet.

He might be the most vocal about it in all of college football.

Head to YT and listen to his rants about it these last few years.

Good Grief. You sound like his travel agent or personal assistant. Please post a link.

Saban has been critical of the NIL and portal from JumpStreet.

He might be the most vocal about it in all of college football.

Head to YT and listen to his rants about it these last few years.

Nah- I don't. Just a personal observation reading about him talking about that vacation that he mentioned several times in glowing terms. Just struck me as something Saban dwelled on a bit and really liked it. Now he can take a lot more of them.

Kornblut was talking about it last night. He said the same thing- that he didnt' think Saban really minded the portal all that much. He didn't want to directly pay players. But he also had a press conference pretty much bragging about how much his players made with NIL.

last year Saban bragged about how about 25 of his players made 3 million and said they did it the right way.

Everything is relative.

Regardless, he's retired now.

Reactions: Ward Jr
Nah- I don't. Just a personal observation reading about him talking about that vacation that he mentioned several times in glowing terms. Just struck me as something Saban dwelled on a bit and really liked it. Now he can take a lot more of them.

Kornblut was talking about it last night. He said the same thing- that he didnt' think Saban really minded the portal all that much. He didn't want to directly pay players. But he also had a press conference pretty much bragging about how much his players made with NIL.

last year Saban bragged about how about 25 of his players made 3 million and said they did it the right way.

Everything is relative.

Regardless, he's retired now.
Saban hated the NIL and no-wait portal. His lip service out the door was just that.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT