ADVERTISEMENT

Ok,ok....another Clemson thread....I'm sorry...I just have a question

Rock Hill Cock

Oct 29, 1998
I thought that CU lost all of their OL except the center. But I see on the ALL ACC team that they have a guard on the first team. How could a non- starter be a first team selection?

I thought that CU lost all of their OL except the center. But I see on the ALL ACC team that they have a guard on the first team. How could a non- starter be a first team selection?

Well, you should know by now that the taters backup's are always better than their 1st teamers (that left last year), so that's probably how he got on the all acc squad.

I haven't looked for myself, but I imagine all four of the taters starting defensive lineman made the all acc squad as well? Yeah, they are freaking elite good.

I didn't want to start another tater thread so I'll ask it here. What's up with taters top commitments taking visits to other schools. Is it ok with Dabo now? I always thought it was stupid for Dabo not allow them to take their visits. Will any of the tater reporters ask him what has changed.

The odds are pretty good Feaster will sign with someone else - maybe even us, but more likely - Tennessee .It's almost as easy driving to Knoxville as it is driving to Clemson from Spartanburg ... and there's a WHOLE LOT more to do there than at Clemson. If Feaster's set on wearing 'orange' he'd do much better in K-town than cow-town.
He's a good one.

After 'laying down the law' to that top-shelf Atlanta DE who then spit in his eye, decommitted and followed his brother to MS State Dabo's leery of saying too much these days.

"My way or the highway" has apparently given way to "these are your car keys, safe driving!". It's a new wrinkle in Dabo's recruiting ... but an old tradition at Clemson. One of the few 'real' traditions they have - joining Tillman Hall, Frank's rock, fake black fraternities set up in quonset huts occupied with on-staff maintenance personnel to drive prospective black recruits by and point at, their 'national register of historic places' sheep barn ... and some heart-attack waiting to happen triple chili-cheeseburger sliding off the grill hole-in-the-wall jacked-up pick-up truck dump that's apparently co-owned by the brother of the local DHEC inspector along with the Pickens County Sheriff ... it's located on that tacky highway leading out of town iffin' your heading towards I-85 / Anderson.

That joint, too is a CLEMSON 5-STAR! They also sell propane gas refills, and you can pick up chicken manure for your tomato plants there, as well. I seem to remember Danny Ford had his daughter's wedding reception out back under the trees, while being catered (and filmed for 'redneck wedding') by the boys out front ... but I'm not positive 'bout that. Could have been Tommy Bowden.

Sounds like Feaster is getting cold feet towards CU.. Wonder if Dabo called Feaster or any of the the CU recruits who took other visits this weekend like Coach Spurrier did a few weeks ago? Pretty sure now that CU has had a few recruits take other visits that Dabo can no longer hold up his rule of no other visits...

Surely, there is a reporter out there that is going to ask Dabo why his rules have changed, especially after he made a big stink about it a few years ago and pulled players offers.

I didn't want to start another tater thread so I'll ask it here. What's up with taters top commitments taking visits to other schools. Is it ok with Dabo now? I always thought it was stupid for Dabo not allow them to take their visits. Will any of the tater reporters ask him what has changed.

DS makes it clear to his recruits not to sign unless they are 100% committed and ceasing all other visits. By taking visits after signing sends the message they are not 100% committed. On the other hand, do you really think they would pull a scholly from a top recruit? Probably not. I know if I were heavily recruited, I would want to enjoy the recruiting process and visits even when 100% committed to one school.

while not a starter, he has seen significant playing time

This only seems to be enforced with less important recruits.

Suites, you are one talented" sucker". Love your posts. That's funny as hell.

Its based on the competition they expect them to face which is non-existent!!!!! Should make them all look like 5 star recruits and First Team All Americans.......

Thats the tater way!

Don't be an idiot and think Feaster will go anywhere but Clemson. His family is being well taken care of, I can assure u, and on top of that Dabos bagman knows how to get Feaster the goods too. Done deal folks.

" ... His family is being well taken care of, I can "assure" u, and on top of that Dabos bagman knows how to get Feaster the goods too."

I still hear that a lot, but since the 80's (when it was still true) have never seen any kind of proof to back it up. What's your 'source' for that info today? Suspicion doesn't count.

I still laugh when I think about Alex Hawkins' (Mr. Football in WVA his senior year back in the 50's) answer to why he came to 'Carolina - " ... they offered me the best deal. A car, clothes and spending money."

It's reasonable to assume boosters get crazy sometimes, but probably crazy to think they're consistently worse one place more than another. I know such 'boosters' are MOST coaches worst nightmare these days, given the potential penalties and ruthless media.

" ... His family is being well taken care of, I can "assure" u, and on top of that Dabos bagman knows how to get Feaster the goods too."

I still hear that a lot, but since the 80's (when it was still true) have never seen any kind of proof to back it up. What's your 'source' for that info today? Suspicion doesn't count.

I still laugh when I think about Alex Hawkins' (Mr. Football in WVA his senior year back in the 50's) answer to why he came to 'Carolina - " ... they offered me the best deal. A car, clothes and spending money."

It's reasonable to assume boosters get crazy sometimes, but probably crazy to think they're consistently worse one place more than another. I know such 'boosters' are MOST coaches worst nightmare these days, given the potential penalties and ruthless media.

Ever read "Bagman"?

He says very clearly that it's not his job to hide the benefit, it's his job to hide the evidence.

Dabo knows who takes care of his guys, and you know as well as I do he'd never admit it. And you can't blame him for that. I know a few exClemson players who openly admit to the $100 handshakes but also said it was only to the "special players", which I believe that also.

" ... Dabo knows who takes care of his guys, and you know as well as I do he'd never admit it. And you can't blame him for that. I know a few exClemson players who openly admit to the $100 handshakes but also said it was only to the "special players", which I believe that also."

I don't know anything of the sort. I do KNOW that 'way back' in the 70's when I was still in my 20's driving a 'Benz financed out the ying-yang and SLOWING DOWN at red lights hoping to 'get stopped' so people could see me sitting in it, buying eight season tickets I could barely afford and pumping money into the Gamecock Club that I didn't have just so I could ride the elevators at Willie-B, sit in super seats and read my name in the program the way WE 'did it' was to visit the Roundhouse parking lot and 'buy' players 'personal' tickets for 'bout 5X's face value - need 'em, or not.

The ruse worked both ways.

I BELIEVE the HBC AND Swinney do everything they can to DISCOURAGE fans from '$100 handshakes'. It ain't worth it. I also believe they STRONGLY discourage 'no show' summer employment, 'free' this or 'free' that anything.

In today's environment it is GOING to 'come out' eventually if/when something's 'going on'. Ask Butch Davis.

'Carolina (nor Clemson) NEED that kind of 'help' from fans/alumni/supporters. If it 'goes on' (and I'm NOT saying it doesn't) ... it's a one-off, one-on-one deal done 'tween some individual player(s) and some fan that the coaches have no clue about, IMHO. I KNOW 'Carolina players are CONSTANTLY cautioned NOT to be 'taken in' by it and I'd bet Clemson players are told the same thing.

Spurrier's 'old school' but he ain't 'old school' Danny Ford, who ADMITTED "I didn't like it but it wasn't me who promised it - I was trying to stop all that mess, but I did believe since it was originally 'promised' that we needed to keep our promises."

Well, there you go. (And LOTS of Clemson fans thought that was an HONORABLE position, too!)

We can't STOP what 'individuals' do on their own, no coach can ... but no coach 'ought to sanction it, either. I don't think Dabo does, I KNOW Spurrier doesn't. Just my $ .02 cents.

" ... Dabo knows who takes care of his guys, and you know as well as I do he'd never admit it. And you can't blame him for that. I know a few exClemson players who openly admit to the $100 handshakes but also said it was only to the "special players", which I believe that also."

I don't know anything of the sort. I do KNOW that 'way back' in the 70's when I was still in my 20's driving a 'Benz financed out the ying-yang and SLOWING DOWN at red lights hoping to 'get stopped' so people could see me sitting in it, buying eight season tickets I could barely afford and pumping money into the Gamecock Club that I didn't have just so I could ride the elevators at Willie-B, sit in super seats and read my name in the program the way WE 'did it' was to visit the Roundhouse parking lot and 'buy' players 'personal' tickets for 'bout 5X's face value - need 'em, or not.

The ruse worked both ways.

I BELIEVE the HBC AND Swinney do everything they can to DISCOURAGE fans from '$100 handshakes'. It ain't worth it. I also believe they STRONGLY discourage 'no show' summer employment, 'free' this or 'free' that anything.

In today's environment it is GOING to 'come out' eventually if/when something's 'going on'. Ask Butch Davis.

'Carolina (nor Clemson) NEED that kind of 'help' from fans/alumni/supporters. If it 'goes on' (and I'm NOT saying it doesn't) ... it's a one-off, one-on-one deal done 'tween some individual player(s) and some fan that the coaches have no clue about, IMHO. I KNOW 'Carolina players are CONSTANTLY cautioned NOT to be 'taken in' by it and I'd bet Clemson players are told the same thing.

Spurrier's 'old school' but he ain't 'old school' Danny Ford, who ADMITTED "I didn't like it but it wasn't me who promised it - I was trying to stop all that mess, but I did believe since it was originally 'promised' that we needed to keep our promises."

Well, there you go. (And LOTS of Clemson fans thought that was an HONORABLE position, too!)

We can't STOP what 'individuals' do on their own, no coach can ... but no coach 'ought to sanction it, either. I don't think Dabo does, I KNOW Spurrier doesn't. Just my $ .02 cents.

I believe what you are say, and I know what those ex-players told me. Granted none of them played for Dabo.

" ... Granted none of them played for Dabo."

'Zackly. Dabo's a dork. He's a dooky dork. He's a dumbo dooky dork. That said, I think he's a good Dad, an honest guy, serious about his faith and probably a good friend if you needed one. I know he's helped his family tremendously after a truly tough personal childhood.
We get on him 'cause he's easy to 'get'. Dabo IS a dork. Spurrier's a far better football coach. But all that said Dabo ain't the 'devil incarnate' and I do not believe he's 'crooked'.
I DO think he 'promises' things like '1st play or 1st carry - that stuff' to recruits, but hey, it's HIS team. THAT 'stuff' ain't 'illegal' ... or very important, either, IMHO.
Clemson's still got some 'hoodlums' on their team - us not so much since Spurrier's arrival. I like our chances in 2015.

Hawkins is funny. I still cannot believe he turned down a farm in Kentucky for $1,500.00/Semester at S.Car, but that was a ton of cash in 1956 and maybe it was a small farm.

Dang, seems like AT LEASE half the posters here are lonely tigers, guess it's time to hit happy-hour and talk football with people I care about.

Same thing at DE. Lost All-American ends but new starter for this year is
Pre-season All-ACC. Shaq Lawson

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT