ADVERTISEMENT

Open and honest discussion of HC Shane Beamer

Better than correcting a mistake as soon as possible? Right fit? Mainly they just have to be better than the mistake to not go deeper.

Any mistake currently costs well over $20mil to correct. The role of a head coach is to recruit well and get the right coaches in place. Beamer is doing fine with #1. He might need to shuffle #2 and it's much easier to do that if you aren't paying $10-12mil a year for a head coach PLUS a buyout jackpot winner.

If the opportunity cost becomes too great for the AD (ticket sales/AD donations), then they will be looking to make a switch. We were 8-5 last season and beat two Top 10 teams including our rival for the first time in ages -- that's a really good season for USC. And with the contract extension, they've pretty much boxed him in until at least 2025. It doesn't matter how much adults equip with warrior genetics in this non-warrior world pound on the keyboard. This situation with Beamer has a contracted lifecycle that has to play out for awhile.

The buyout was a situation where we JUST got bitten on. So it does seem odd move to duplicate it such a short time after.

Also, on a side note, thank you. It may not have been your intention, but I think you've made the board a bit more pleasant recently.
Well, actually my intent IS to be pleasant. But admit I have those days sometimes. I'm mostly on the Insiders forum on the other site but noticed that we seem to have more freedom of expression here. Over there you will be hammered for pointing out anything real by people who have a dream fueled by nothing but pixie dust and unicorn farts. They think it makes them better fans than me.

• Haha
Reactions: Lurker123
BREAKING STORY. True or False???

Any guesses of who that other team Michigan might have helped cheat to pull off upsets) to disrupt the College Football playoffs?

You guessed it, South Carolina.🤔

I just came across this story .
I’ve got a wedding to attend today, so any number of you guys who are more resourceful than me and have the time may want to follow up on this.

I hope to hell it’s not true!
Just to many damn distractions, when this team needs to pull together.

Reactions: Ward Jr
BREAKING STORY. True or False???

Any guesses of who that other team Michigan might have helped cheat to pull off upsets) to disrupt the College Football playoffs?

You guessed it, South Carolina.🤔

I just came across this story .
I’ve got a wedding to attend today, so any number of you guys who are more resourceful than me and have the time may want to follow up on this.

I hope to hell it’s not true!
Just to many damn distractions, when this team needs to pull together.

It's definitely in the media cycle. If this turns out to be true, the anti-Beamer contingent just might get an early Christmas gift.

I wonder if Beamer has to field any questions about the signals? I've seen discussion that he was busted in 2010 for something similar. Does anyone know if that's true?

I wonder if Beamer has to field any questions about the signals? I've seen discussion that he was busted in 2010 for something similar. Does anyone know if that's true?

I had to look ot up, and yes he did.

Wakeyleaks, if that rings a bell. He accepted a playbook or notes on plays from a wake forest guy while at VT.

It's definitely in the media cycle. If this turns out to be true, the anti-Beamer contingent just might get an early Christmas gift.

I obviously hope it isnt true. But DANG we seemed like a completely different team vs UT and Clemson than anyone else last year. Like we literally knew every call they were making before they ran it

Ray really knows how to pick them, doesn't he.
They were worried Chadwell had some players who bought headphones with extra bookstore stipend money. And we end up with a coach who may be knee deep in one of the craziest scandals in NCAA history, and old school reliable coaches site FootballScoop is now reporting the FBI is involved in the Michigan scandal, and it appears we are too:

https://footballscoop.com/news/mich...-confirm-fbi-has-joined-probe-into-wolverines

Our DC coached w Harbaugh at Stanford. Michigan stole Tennessees signals during their Kentucky game, 1 week before UGA beat em and 3 weeks before we did. Same story w Clemson.

WTF…

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT