ADVERTISEMENT

OT-New Year's Resolution.

cockymom2boys

Dec 28, 2000
Just curious. How many of you are planning to set a New Year's resolution, or several?
I have to admit I've never stuck with any that I can remember lol.

I've already started it. It's twofold. I didn't want to gain the usual holiday 10 lbs. so I started intermittent fasting and cut way back on the alcohol consumption. As for the latter, it has only been a few straight bourbons. I'm not drinking on weekdays and having a couple drinks on the weekend as a reward. Instead of the traditional gain, I've lost 5+ in a month. It should get easier after New Year when all that food is out of the house. I'd like to lower my weight to about 200-205. I'm 6'2", BTW.

Oh, and I want to catch a new personal best largemouth in 2022. I came about .27 lbs. shy of a new PB in 2021.

Last edited:
I've already started it. It's twofold. I didn't want to gain the usual holiday 10 lbs. so I started intermittent fasting and cut way back on the alcohol consumption. As for the latter, it has only been a few straight bourbons. I'm not drinking on weekdays and having a couple drinks on the weekend as a reward. Instead of the traditional gain, I've lost 5+ in a month. It should get easier after New Year when all that food is out of the house. I'd like to lower my weight to about 200-205. I'm 6'2", BTW.

Oh, and I want to catch a new personal best largemouth in 2022. I came about .27 lbs. shy of a new PB in 2021.
Good for you.
That is awesome on the weight loss during the holidays!
Good luck on the fishing and keep us posted.
Merry Christmas!

• Love
Reactions: TheReelEss

I'm right there with you...I've looked into intermittent fasting. Are there certain foods you can't eat? How excactly does it work if you don't mind me asking?

I'm right there with you...I've looked into intermittent fasting. Are there certain foods you can't eat? How excactly does it work if you don't mind me asking?
You just can't consume calories outside your eating window. It will work better if you limit yourself to healthier food and/or exercise. But it will work even if you eat whatever you want. There's only so many calories you can cram in your mouth in an 8 hour window. I drink black coffee in the morning. I hold off eating until about 11:30 AM. I eat lunch or breakfast then and whatever I feel like until dinner. I don't even feel like eating later after a good dinner. I usually limit myself to 7 hours unless we go out to dinner. It did start working a better when I stopped drinking beer regularly. I was already exercising, so that was a wash.

This diet could also be called "skipping breakfast". LOL. The only time it really feels like a sacrifice is late morning, after the coffee wears off. I start hydrating and that just feels like the bottom fell out of my stomach. But that's usually an hour. If I'm very busy with work, I don't even notice it. I have to say, it hasn't been really quick weight loss. Only about 5 lbs. in a month. But I'll take that. Losing weight too quickly is not really healthy anyway. I'm taking it more seriously now than I was. I usually cheat once a week with a couple late night drinks. I have been forcing myself to drink a small amount of bourbon neat instead of the beer I love so much. Maybe after a couple weeks of this I'll check the results and have a few good IPAs.

Last edited:
You just can't consume calories outside your eating window. It will work better if you limit yourself to healthier food and/or exercise. But it will work even if you eat whatever you want. There's only so many calories you can cram in your mouth in an 8 hour window. I drink black coffee in the morning. I hold off eating until about 11:30 AM. I eat lunch or breakfast then and whatever I feel like until dinner. I don't even feel like eating later after a good dinner. I usually limit myself to 7 hours unless we go out to dinner. It did start working a better when I stopped drinking beer regularly. I was already exercising, so that was a wash.

This diet could also be called "skipping breakfast". LOL. The only time it really feels like a sacrifice is late morning, after the coffee wears off. I start hydrating and that just feels like the bottom fell out of my stomach. But that's usually an hour. If I'm very busy with work, I don't even notice it. I have to say, it hasn't been really quick weight loss. Only about 5 lbs. in a month. But I'll take that. Losing weight too quickly is not really healthy anyway. I'm taking it more seriously now than I was. I usually cheat once a week with a couple late night drinks. I have been forcing myself to drink a small amount of bourbon neat instead of the beer I love so much. Maybe after a couple weeks of this I'll check the results and have a few good IPAs.
Thanks...I'm looking to lose around 15 Ibs and now that I hit 60 it's harder to lose weight. I tried the Keto diet which worked well but the beer finally did me in.

Thanks...I'm looking to lose around 15 Ibs and now that I hit 60 it's harder to lose weight. I tried the Keto diet which worked well but the beer finally did me in.
This will still work slowly if you only drink within that window and not heavily. But most people want to have that drink later at night. That's why I'd rather just abstain except for a few weekend drinks. And I feel you on that difficult weight loss when you're getting older.

Reactions: psmith5532

Five pounds a month isn't bad. So that would be about 50 lb a year!

Videos related to intermittent fasting

Dr. Sten Ekberg
Dr Jason Fung
Dr Boz (Annette Bosworth, MD)

Five pounds a month isn't bad. So that would be about 50 lb a year!
And I really don't have that much to lose. I'm pretty tall so I carry the weight well. If it only kept me from gaining over the holidays it would be worthwhile.

Try to find me a side piece.
Call Ed Orgeron. He has a couple of side pieces, so can probably give you some tips. I liked his post game interview after his last game when he cut it short by saying.....That's all I have, we need to go pack for Destin. Come on Baby, let's go.

To read above the fold on these sites and read only the titles of general threads. The rest is a mishmash of conflated ideas and thoughts that swing wildly, traverse unrelated issues and are often real downers. It's getting to me as the year ends.

Oh, and I'm not gonna talk about my weight anymore, people are sick of that stuff. I'll either lose it, or be fat.

Of course, I will read cockymom's posts.

Reactions: cockymom2boys
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT