ADVERTISEMENT

Please keep OOT OOT and family in your prayers

OOT OOT has been in hospital for over a week and Hospice was called in today. They are keeping him comfortable. It is hard to imagine opening day is just a little over a week away and he will not be there.

Sad to hear this about Bill...during our first visit to the ball park on its inaugural season my son and I were checking the place out, when Bill walked up to us and said "come on I'll show y'all around". This started a 45 minute guided tour of every nook and cranny. We wound up back where we started at a concession stand where I offered to buy us all a drink...nothing doing...Bill whips out a wad of money then elbows me in the chest and tells the attendant to "give them anything they want". He pats my son on the shoulder and said " I gotta go we're up to bat".

Last edited:
There are some fans who's loyalty and dedication to their teams are legendary and impactful for others.

In my lifetime Carolina baseball has had two men of such standing. (at least in this Gamecocks eyes) Mr. Bill "the candy man" Camp, and Of course Mr. Bill "oot oot" Goulding.

I can honestly say that I have never been to a Carolina baseball game (been to a ton folks) where Mr. Goulding was not present. Seeing him there and hearing his chant have become not just a fun thing, but rather part of the experience of my enjoying Carolina baseball.

I'm saddened that he may not be there anymore. However I know for sure that memories of "OOT OOT!!" and candy flying past your face into your child or lady's lap will ring in Carolina stadium for a very long time.

I truely hope that his family knows just how many peoples lives he has given joy to, simply by being a good man and friend. And the very best of fans.

Last edited:
OOT OOT has been in hospital for over a week and Hospice was called in today. They are keeping him comfortable. It is hard to imagine opening day is just a little over a week away and he will not be there.

That makes me very, very sad. He gave out candy, and we love seeing him at the games. Very upsetting.

GOCOCKS! BEATAUB! BEATMSU!

Reactions: roosterbell
I am so sad to hear about Mr.Goldings impending home going. I thought about us having a celebrity oot oot stand-in for every home baseball game as a way to honor him. I think we could handle it like florida did Mr. Two Bits.

Reactions: RaginRooster
Wish we could get a recording of an "OOT OOT," maybe from that video, and play it over the loud speakers going forward. Hard to imagine Gamecock baseball without hearing it

The word OOT OOT should be placed on the outfield wall with his name as should CANDY MAN. Will be hard to see USC Baseball without these two men
Our section hasn't been the same since Mr. Bill (the Candy Man) left us. I can't imagine how different it will be without Mr. Golding (Oot Oot) being there. Time marches on, but not necessarily in a good way.

Don't be sad. We all have to go home to Jesus one day. Or, if Christianity isn't your thing, be glad that you knew him, not sad that he's gone. He'll be sorely missed, though. That is true!

Yes I am a Christian and you are right he will be sorely missed.

Thank god he was able to see the two nattys. 83 is a great life. He will be missed but let's hope he can find a way to pull through

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT