ADVERTISEMENT

Satterfield should never have been hired in the first place.

gr8spur

Sep 16, 2003
His resume shows nothing. And his on-the-job performance has been dismal. We need an OC with a proven track record. And that decision needs to be made sooner, rather than later. The Satterfield hire was always suspect.

Last edited:
We did nothing to try seriously attacking Mizzous greatest weakness. Fire him now. Why wait?
Who would want to coach this offense? We have running backs and 1 receiver. Everyone else wouldn't make Wake forest practice squad.

Good coaches do not want to work for a trainee head coach who they have much more experience and qualifications than.
Nobody wants to take orders from someone less qualified than them to do their job.
It's not Shanes fault. It just is where we are now. I doubt it gets better after Shane fires the couple sacrificial lambs off this 1AA staff.

Good coaches do not want to work for a trainee head coach who they have much more experience and qualifications than.
Nobody wants to take orders from someone less qualified than them to do their job.
It's not Shanes fault. It just is where we are now. I doubt it gets better after Shane fires the couple sacrificial lambs off this 1AA staff.
Maybe one: art Briles

How could Beamer see Satterfield's performance as OC at Temple and still hire him to be an OC in the SEC? You would think that after we hired him without any Head Coaching nor OC/DC experience, he owed it to the university and its fans, to hire a proven, successful OC. Seems to me that Beamer let us all down by hiring a personal friend of his to be OC, one who previously failed at that job.

He had Bobo then Bobo left. Not sure who else would have left their job to come here at the end of January. Satt was likely all he could get. Satt needs to be gone right after Thanksgiving.
Bobo never should have been retained in the first place. A sought-after coach would've had the cojones to say no and demanded to hire his own OC.

Beamer was scratching the bottom of the barrel when he found Satterfield and he isn't the only one.
The heck was he doing? Looking through old wedding photos one night and suddenly thought “there’s my guy! Wonder what ol Satt is up to these days?”

Bobo never should have been retained in the first place. A sought-after coach would've had the cojones to say no and demanded to hire his own OC.
Bobo made chicken salad from chicken sh*t last year when we had the conferences leading rusher. At that time we retained Des too. Those were no brainers at the time. And the fact that Bobo ended up at Auburn AFTER he signed a contract with us, let’s you know that he was in demand.

Bobo made chicken salad from chicken sh*t last year when we had the conferences leading rusher. At that time we retained Des too. Those were no brainers at the time. And the fact that Bobo ended up at Auburn AFTER he signed a contract with us, let’s you know that he was in demand.
Auburn had the type of athletes in place for him to run his offense successfully. He was able to have success in the running game here. But he blew up our QB room when he brought in pegleg and shunned Hilinski before he even met him.

Also, Beamer supposedly went to Oklahoma to learn Riley's version of the Air Raid offense. So why would he want to keep an OC on staff whose offense is night and day different than Riley's, especially when Beamer was bragging about about all the OCs that were supposedly dying to come here to coach under him? Makes zero sense.

I believe Satterfield is paid $900,00/year. I find it hard to believe that we could not hire someone who was a proven, successful OC at some collegiate level, at that salary. Satterfield was a "buddy" hire. Beamer's first professional loyalty should be to those who pay him, not to those he hung out with in the past.

Reactions: SOSUSC
Auburn had the type of athletes in place for him to run his offense successfully. He was able to have success in the running game here. But he blew up our QB room when he brought in pegleg and shunned Hilinski before he even met him.

Also, Beamer supposedly went to Oklahoma to learn Riley's version of the Air Raid offense. So why would he want to keep an OC on staff whose offense is night and day different than Riley's, especially when Beamer was bragging about about all the OCs that were supposedly dying to come here to coach under him? Makes zero sense.
Because that OC had success with this roster. That’s why. Had we not had the leading rusher in the conference last year Bobo would not have been considered. Plus… Bobo can call plays. Have you watched Auburn?

Reactions: WingchunCock
Because that OC had success with this roster. That’s why. Had we not had the leading rusher in the conference last year Bobo would not have been considered. Plus… Bobo can call plays. Have you watched Auburn?
He had SOME success here -- in the running game. He also produced statistically the conference's worst QB, because he played favorites.

And again, teams like Auburn and Georgia have the type of athletes and OL he needs in order to successfully run his offense. We do not. And neither did CSU, which is why they ran him off.

Reactions: DeBoer31 and TAV31
Jeff Scott, Tony Elliott, Brent Venables Say Hello. If the money is right then Top Coordinators will Come. But we will not pay 2 Million Dollars For a OC, because Our Admin and the AD are not Committed to Winning, We are always Committed to some ridiculous Budget Constraints

He had SOME success here -- in the running game. He also produced statistically the conference's worst QB, because he played favorites.

And again, teams like Auburn and Georgia have the type of athletes and OL he needs in order to successfully run his offense. We do not. And neither did CSU, which is why they ran him off.
Not so sure how he played favorites after watching Hilinski at North Western, and Doty through 4 games. We just didn’t have a take charge QB.

How'd Dabo do it?

Reactions: Crazy Cock 89
His resume shows nothing. And his on-the-job performance has been dismal. We need an OC with a proven track record. And that decision needs to be made sooner, rather than later. The Satterfield hire was always suspect.
The really sad part was we were told we would have an OU type offense but actually got a Brad Scott version. Fun exciting sells and that’s what gets recruits. Hopefully we can rope a dope some big time players to come here some how

For $900,000/year, a young wildly successful FBS Offensive Coordinator would clean Beamer's toilets, in addition to running our offense.

Reactions: Crazy Cock 89
Kind of feels like we have more big negative plays than big positive plays. We're more likely to go backwards 30 yards than we are to gain 30.

@Crazy Cock 89 - None of those 3 would even take Beamers call. Elliott is just as bad as Coach Sat anyway.
@FORKCOCK - He took over a full staff hired by Tom Bowdund. He didn't have to build a staff. Just fire a couple guys the fans hated.
@gamecock stock - I agree we could hire a hot young no name coach for that money. Problem is Coach Beamer thought he was doing that. His choices look like duds.

All just my opinion.

For $900,000/year, a young wildly successful FBS Offensive Coordinator would clean Beamer's toilets, in addition to running our offense.
I agree. Which is why the Satterfield hire seems like the football gods are playing a joke on us. There was nothing in his resume that said this guy would be a good OC, much less “up and coming”.

Remember, Satterfield was a head coach for 2 years at an FCS school. His team got worse in year 2…….he won 1 game in year 2 and got fired. As an offensive guy, I’m sure he was running the offense or heavily involved, and it was bad.

Anyone expecting this offense to be better next year with the same OC in place is being ridiculous. The odds are it will be worse.

Bull.

He didn’t “shun” anyone. Coaches are going to play the best guys, they don’t have time to waste playing favorites. Bobo knew the situation when he signed on here, he knew the clock was ticking.

Some of you can’t handle the truth. RH is a good kid, but he dropped to third string here.

He transferred to NW, was third string, wound up starting because of injuries to the guys above him, then went back to the bench. Is the NW staff shunning him too?

Doesn’t matter who our OC is, as long as our OL sucks we’re going to struggle. And before you blame the first year OL coach, our OL has been shaky for several years. That’s on Wolford.

Not so sure how he played favorites after watching Hilinski at North Western, and Doty through 4 games. We just didn’t have a take charge QB.
Hilinski's never had any consistent QB coaching either. Bobo played favorites by calling out Hilinski in the media before he had even met the kid. Two weeks later, Hill announced he was following Bobo to Columbia. Most of us new from that point that the fix was in.

As for Doty, with or without injury, he looks the same as he did in the spring game and the same as he did last year. He seems to be a great kid, but I just don't think he's the future here.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT