ADVERTISEMENT

South Carolina Baseball - A Realistic Perspective

You and a couple of your Nellie BFFs on this thread are the only ones suggesting that luck alone produced the 2 championships, the rest only suggested that we did have some good fortune that, along with determined and talented players who played inspired baseball that led to a winning formula. How you turn that into an insult to the players reflects someone who is trying to create a distraction to the intent of the OP's message. Quit trying to reshape the dialogue to support your defeatist attitude.

searooster, i can't believe these jerks are putting words like 'lucky' in your mouth when you clearly stated that it was a miracle that we won our first one. i haven't found a way to state what more than a miracle is, but thats what you called our second championship.

so dont let anyone take your miracle statement down a notch to just being lucky.

Reactions: CaliCock
Ok so the dialogue in the first thread was "fortunate bounces" . How is that different from "luck"? You're grasping straws bud. The players on those Nat title teams worked hard for those championships. Don't belittle what they accomplished . It took a lot more than inspiration and some fortunate bounces to win back to back national titles

"So what some of you are saying is , we won 2 national titles because we got lucky and we had the inspiration of a child with a terminal illness?" If so then you are idiots and prob never played a sport much less baseball in your life. That is just insulting to the coaches and players that put in the time and work to be champions. You should apologize to them" [QUOTE="Bushmaster cock

Bushmaster I'm sure you were hoping no one would take time to do this, but I scrolled trough the thread and found that you, yes you, were the first poster to use the word "lucky" in reference to the championship teams. (see above quote in bold by you) I can see why you would want to deflect attention to other posters.

What is hard to understand that, for anyone who took time to read past the opening line in the OP, the poster was nothing but complimentary of the players and coaches of the championship teams and never said they were lucky to win, but you had to imply that in your response above. So you guys don't seem to be able to even to accept anything positive said about the CWS championship teams without putting on your Negative Nellie bloomers and starting a whinefest. One of you even had the cynicism to dismiss the relationship those players had with Baylor Teal and his family in Omaha that week and the inspiration the team received from that. I guess there's no point in trying to help those who choose to be miserable.

Last edited:
My "realistic expectation" is to not have a lineup full of guys that constantly try to pull outside pitches/breaking balls & understand the concept of not pulling off the ball so they can hit it the other way. (See any hitter in the LSU lineup for an example.)

Also expect to at least make the post season.

But luck played no part in sending your team home twice during the CWS when all you had to do was win one game out of four and you would have made it to the finals. Those failures will haunt Jack Leggett and Clemson supporters the rest of your athletic history.

Garnet man,, "my team" is probably the same as yours.. Say my user name out loud and it'll make a little more sense... System wouldn't let me have ClemsonBlows..

Not luck. Act of God. When everyone in their dugout was watching Hultzen strike our guys out, God told Bayler Teal to dump half a bottle of X-lax in his Gatorade.

The team defiantly was blessed for the time they spent with Bayler.. That being said,, nobody is lucky, they're blessed..

So far, you're the only one I've seen use the words "players" and "lucky" in the same sentence (immediately above), so if an apology is in order, it should come from you. What I did say is that Coach Tanner referred to the element of luck that any team experience in route to a NC. And yes we did play at a very high level during both championship runs, but we did benefit from a few fortunate bounces along the way. As you yourself stated above good teams take advantage of breaks, which we did. No one on this thread has implied that we won either championship solely due to "luck" , so no need to create conflict where none exists.
giphy.gif

"So what some of you are saying is , we won 2 national titles because we got lucky and we had the inspiration of a child with a terminal illness?" If so then you are idiots and prob never played a sport much less baseball in your life. That is just insulting to the coaches and players that put in the time and work to be champions. You should apologize to them" [QUOTE="Bushmaster cock

Bushmaster I'm sure you were hoping no one would take time to do this, but I scrolled trough the thread and found that you, yes you, were the first poster to use the word "lucky" in reference to the championship teams. (see above quote in bold by you) I can see why you would want to deflect attention to other posters.

What is hard to understand that, for anyone who took time to read past the opening line in the OP, the poster was nothing but complimentary of the players and coaches of the championship teams and never said they were lucky to win, but you had to imply that in your response above. So you guys don't seem to be able to even to accept anything positive said about the CWS championship teams without putting on your Negative Nellie bloomers and starting a whinefest. One of you even had the cynicism to dismiss the relationship those players had with Baylor Teal and his family in Omaha that week and the inspiration the team received from that. I guess there's no point in trying to help those who choose to be miserable.

I have scrolled through everything and so far you are the only one that has mentioned the words "those" and "miserable".

Does that mean you are miserable or think those who are not miserable are miserable?

The world may never know.

Searooster, you're a fool and I have never watched a single episode of South Park. Is that one of your favorite shows?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT