ADVERTISEMENT

Speed of Offense

jjjpppbbb

Jun 10, 2010
Did anyone think that we looked pretty "regular" out there. Did not look like we showed UGA much in terms of how fast we are going to get set up. Not sure how many plays we ran. Definitely going to have to improve pass protection.

I used to laugh when Chad Morris up there used to think the most important thing was “number of plays”. I personally don’t want a hurry up all the time offense. Work effectively. Have it ready when needed. Use it as a tool, not all the time.

Nothing will be worse against Georgia than a couple of “up tempo three-and-outs” that eat up about 30 seconds of game clock each. But, if we’ve got a drive going and we switch it on at the right time, it could be very effective.

One more thought: When Chip Kelly took off with his offense at Oregon, there was nothing like it out there. Now, nearly everyone runs it from time to time, and defenses are more prepared. Of course, talent matters. Run it with the best players and it will be incredible.

Reactions: tl from little hell
I saw Jake get flushed out of the pocket quite a bit.
Bentley was lucky enough to get the ball out a couple times while being wrapped up too! One of those being a lucky TD. Don't think those heroics will be as easy next week plus a turnover wouldn't have been too detrimental today, not sure those chances should be taken next week because a turnover could be the difference.

I thought they went pretty fast first couple series but then seemed to get more vanilla.

Reactions: jjjpppbbb
I used to laugh when Chad Morris up there used to think the most important thing was “number of plays”. I personally don’t want a hurry up all the time offense. Work effectively. Have it ready when needed. Use it as a tool, not all the time.

Nothing will be worse against Georgia than a couple of “up tempo three-and-outs” that eat up about 30 seconds of game clock each. But, if we’ve got a drive going and we switch it on at the right time, it could be very effective.

One more thought: When Chip Kelly took off with his offense at Oregon, there was nothing like it out there. Now, nearly everyone runs it from time to time, and defenses are more prepared. Of course, talent matters. Run it with the best players and it will be incredible.
Kelly was also up against PAC 10 defenses.

Reactions: DrMickey
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT