ADVERTISEMENT

*** Staff talks to transfer QB (Wed. evening update)

W

Wes Mitchell

WEDNESDAY EVENING UPDATE:

Brown and Jenkins both got back on Zoom with the staff tonight and both have offers from South Carolina. Admissions still has to go through the process of getting them in, according to Brown, which takes about five days to get the percentage of hours of classes tallied. Brown says they'll be ready to commit once those things are finalized and they will probably enroll on March 1.

WEDNESDAY MORNING UPDATE:

I'm keeping a close eye on this situation today. The staff is scheduled to speak with both Brown and Jenkins at 9 a.m. According to Brown, the school has to go over the transcripts and get back to them.

From what I've gathered, both prospects are really excited about the possible offer and are highly interested. Some other schools have reached out as well, but I think there's at least a chance that they go ahead and pull the trigger here quickly since they would need to be on campus soon to start class.

We will keep you updated.

ORIGINAL UPDATE:

Several South Carolina staff members talked to transfer QB Jason Brown this evening and are scheduled to talk to him in the morning at 9 as well.

Brown, who played at Saint Francis (D1 FCS) last year and threw for 3,084 yards, 28 TDs (NEC single-season record) and 6 INTs, recently entered the portal since his team canceled its spring season due to COVID. He is listed at 6-foot-4, 230-pounds.

The staff also spoke with Brown's teammate, EJ Jenkins, who collected 39 receptions for 779 yards and 13 touchdowns last season and is also in the portal. He is listed at 6-foot-8, 235-pounds.

"I would say they really showed that they want us," Brown said. "The zoom call was really good, they made sure we knew that they wanted us. It was nice to feel at home with the coaches on the first zoom call."

Brown believes an offer could be coming when they talk again in the morning.

Last edited by a moderator:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News