ADVERTISEMENT

Stitchcomb Rates Top RBs in SEC

sanfordcock

Oct 9, 2013
I was watching SEC Now yesterday and he rated the top 10 RBs in the SEC. Brandon Wilds was on the board, but he didn't make the top 10. I was a little surprised.

I was watching SEC Now yesterday and he rated the top 10 RBs in the SEC. Brandon Wilds was on the board, but he didn't make the top 10. I was a little surprised.
Pretty evident from last year that our offensive line can't push anyone around and they expect it to be the same way this year. In other words, they don't see us as a serious contender in the east. We don't have a proven explosive back but maybe we will find one this year.

I think Wilds is a very good back and has better speed than most people think. If he stays healthy, I predict he gets 1000 yds. He's also very good out of the backfield catching the ball.

I don't see anything Wilds did last year that would suggest he is one of the top 10 backs in the SEC. Here is the bleacher report top 10. I agree with #1 through #7, and most likely with #8. I could see Wilds being just as good as #9 and #10, but I wouldn't argue their choices.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2500879-sec-football-power-ranking-top-10-rbs-for-2015-season

I agree with that observation. But I will say this: Brandon Wilds will have somewhere between 800 - 1000 yards; potentially more if the OL is better than last years by a long shot.

Word is that Wilds had been prepping for his SR year. We'll see what we'll see.

Not sure if Wilds will get that many yards as David Williams is going to get his share this year. I think he can be VERY good and by the end of the season at least one of them will be in the Top 10. They may not get a ton of yards if they are splitting carries but I think both of them will be very good.

Reactions: Tigerof66
As far as Wilds is concerned, I am just happy to have him back. Sure, he's struggled with injuries and missed valuable PT. But he is still a proven veteran player. He kept us moving forward when Marcus went down in '11. When he is healthy, he steps in and delivers the goods. He is a big back, with a nice skill set and he has good speed. David Williams has more of an upside, but I am glad we still have Wilds in the mix.

Reactions: SliderUSC
I don't care where the "experts" rank our RBs, QB, WR, TE, OL, DL, CB,S, LB, ST as long as we are getting the wins. I know that this is "talking season" but that is all this really is... TALK.

I wonder if he was one of the idiots that voted Alabama to finish second in the west, but win the SECC..... some kind of stupid I tell you.

Reactions: Tigerof66
I just hope our RB's can block to help give whoever the QB is time to throw. We will have to score many Pts to beat UNC and will have to throw

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT