ADVERTISEMENT

Teddy Heffner

apacock

Dec 20, 2004
Is he still on the radio? I go to fox 1400 but I see Dan Patrick in the 9 to 12 slot.

starwars-obi-wan.gif

As of last week he was on 1400 am from 9 till noon. I listened to him Monday and Tuesday. He was off Wed/Thur and I don't know about Fri.
He has Ellis Johnson and Brad Lawing on most weeks (different days). Lawing was on Tuesday.
Hopefully nothing has changed there.

Reactions: king ward
What is Phil kornblut doing now?
Who were the 2 guys he used to have on with him?
Kornblut is still on from 6-8 pm. He has two dufus taters on his show now. I am hoping he grabs Tim Outcast and dumps FlorenceTater.
I hear Korn on 107.1 and I think he is also on 105.9? He is on ThePoint radio but I can't hear that where I live.

Is he still on the radio? I go to fox 1400 but I see Dan Patrick in the 9 to 12 slot.

No idea. I quit listening to him years ago.

a guy that is actually a friend to Teddy told just a few years ago that Teddy had become too political. But I had quit listening to him before that and I sure don't want to hear any political talk from him (or sports talk either).

Kornblut is still on from 6-8 pm. He has two dufus taters on his show now. I am hoping he grabs Tim Outcast and dumps FlorenceTater.
I hear Korn on 107.1 and I think he is also on 105.9? He is on ThePoint radio but I can't hear that where I live.

Phil, like Teddy, has to lease airtime now from stations. Not sure who Tim Outcast is, but that person would have to help pay Phil's air space and hope they can sell ads.

104.9 in the upstate.

Phil, like Teddy, has to lease airtime now from stations. Not sure who Tim Outcast is, but that person would have to help pay Phil's air space and hope they can sell ads.

Phil's show is great still. I listen to it most nights on the 100.7 App from 6-8pm. I don't give a crap about Keven Cohen's mindless political talk garbage on the same station but I will listen to Phil in the evenings and stream it over my phone.

He also still covers high school football scores and highlights with coach interviews on Friday nights from 10pm to midnight.

One day Phil will retire and one of the most level-headed guys in the history of sportstalk will no longer be doing the job.

Phil cares deeply about high school football and covers it- along with giving the coaches a chance to talk on the radio- and that's very very rare these days. Look at all the local talk on 107.5 and they would never talk to a high school coach at say Camden, Lugoff-Elgin, Spring Valley, or White Knoll. Phil does that- every Firday night during high school football season.

Then in basketball season, he will talk up the better teams in basketball in South Carolina.

The only other person that really does this on any consistent basis is Reggie Anderson on WLTX.

Phil's show is great still. I listen to it most nights on the 100.7 App from 6-8pm. I don't give a crap about Keven Cohen's mindless political talk garbage on the same station but I will listen to Phil in the evenings and stream it over my phone.

He also still covers high school football scores and highlights with coach interviews on Friday nights from 10pm to midnight.

One day Phil will retire and one of the most level-headed guys in the history of sportstalk will no longer be doing the job.

Phil cares deeply about high school football and covers it- along with giving the coaches a chance to talk on the radio- and that's very very rare these days. Look at all the local talk on 107.5 and they would never talk to a high school coach at say Camden, Lugoff-Elgin, Spring Valley, or White Knoll. Phil does that- every Firday night during high school football season.

Then in basketball season, he will talk up the better teams in basketball in South Carolina.

The only other person that really does this on any consistent basis is Reggie Anderson on WLTX.

Tyler Cupp ran a high school only show for about 3 years every Monday in the Midlands. Rich Taylor and Justin Cannon had a daily hour devoted to it from 11-12 on WGCV. All of those shows interviewed coaches from all over.

Teddy also has done a good job through the years talking Hs football with Lou Bezjak and Kirk Burnett as consistent guests.

107.5 has had a scoreboard show on Friday Nights since they went on air. Will King I thought did a great job with that scoreboard show for a few years.

Phil definitely has been the one to do it the longest , but many others have devoted a lot of time to HS football in the Midlands

Since this thread is back up top just wanted to add Teddy was on today so his show is still there. 9-12 on 1400am. He has Brad Lawing on tomorrow. No idea what time. I won't be in range of 1400 tomorrow.

Reactions: apacock
Since this thread is back up top just wanted to add Teddy was on today so his show is still there. 9-12 on 1400am. He has Brad Lawing on tomorrow. No idea what time. I won't be in range of 1400 tomorrow.
How large is their broadcast range?

My goodness, I didn't know that Phil Kornblut was still on the radio. I remember first listening to him in the late 1970s. Me and a friend of mine occasionally went to lunch with Phil in the 1990s. He is a nice guy. He must be either Social Security eligible or very close to it.

Regarding Teddy: never cared for him and did not listen after trying his show for a short period of time.

My goodness, I didn't know that Phil Kornblut was still on the radio. I remember first listening to him in the late 1970s. Me and a friend of mine occasionally went to lunch with Phil in the 1990s. He is a nice guy. He must be either Social Security eligible or very close to it.

Regarding Teddy: never cared for him and did not listen after trying his show for a short period of time.

Years ago I ran into Phil at a post office on Two Notch not far from I-77. He was very nice to me and stopped to talk near his car when he clearly was in a hurry. I told him I had listened to him back in the 1980s when he and Don Williams were on.

He was super friendly and put a package down on his car to talk to me. He sounded just like he does on the radio and immediately started talking sports. He could have easily avoided me or blew me off because he had his hands full but he was as friendly as anyone could be. I'm pretty sure I would have not have done the same had I been in his his shoes.

I think since the South Carolina Network sort of ended and he started his own thing, he had more freedom and probably enjoys the job more now.

I have to give him credit, he's adopted technology and he live streams his show on Twitter every night. He also does short game wrap up segments after football games from the press box. For a guy his age to adopt the tech stuff, that's pretty good.

He seems like he's still having a lot of fun. His kids are adults with their own families and I guess this is much a hobby as it is a job at this point.

I'm glad to have him around. I'll miss him when he's gone. I don't call or anything like that but I enjoy his perspective even if I don't always agree. I know I'm getting an honest opinion from a guy who doesn't care if a coach likes him or not. I also know he's not throwing an opinion out there to just get people mad or angry like a typical political talk show host would do.

My favorite time listening to Phil is actually the summer when things are slow. I think he does a nice job trying to build up to the season and I often take my radio or phone outside with me when I'm working in the yard in the summer and listen to the show in the evenings. It's sort of a tradition I've had for decades now.

I hope he keeps doing it for a long time. A lot of sports guys in town will still tell you Phil still works as hard or harder than anyone and no one in the business in the state has better sources than he does. That doesn't mean he's always right or always has the right info. No one fits that description.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT