ADVERTISEMENT

The Difference is Mostly "HYPE"

SportsSuites1

Oct 17, 2007
When Deshawn Watson signed with the tigers last year you would have thought the world stopped spinning. Clemson-leaning newspapers, tiger fans and Dabo wouldn't shut up. The guy's very good but has shown he's potentially frail; whatever - a LOT of that story has yet to play out.

A year later we signed 2015's #1 QB from the state of GA and not much hype followed. Today's GC 'headline' says Nunez probably 'won't redshirt'.

'Sneaky' press of things to come in 'special situations'? Perhaps.

This story did run last summer in the AJC after we inked him ...

The State of Georgia's No. 1 QB Signs With South Carolina

Another Georgia quarterback will get to play for Steve Spurrier.

Lorenzo Nunez, the state’s No. 1-ranked prospect at quarterback, committed to South Carolina over N.C. State after his football practice on Thursday at Harrison High School.

“He picked South Carolina because of several reasons,” said his father, Del Nunez. “He’ll get a coach (Spurrier) that is well-versed in getting quarterbacks to the next level, and teaching quarterbacks to play the position. The relationships we have with Coach Spurrier and (QB coach G.A. Mangus) are tremendous. South Carolina is located close to home, it’s an SEC program, and it has good academics. Those were the factors, I would say.”

Steve Spurrier landed another Georgia QB

Former Flowery Branch High School standout Connor Shaw just wrapped up his career at South Carolina, starting for three seasons and finishing as the winningest quarterback in school history.

“Coach Spurrier is evolving with the game,” Nunez said. “In the past, he’s always had a dropback passer. Connor Shaw was kind of his first true dual-threat guy. Now with guys that can run 4.4s and 4.5s at linebacker, you need a guy who can be mobile in the pocket. I can do that."

“I think (Spurrier’s) exact words were ‘I’m evolving with the game. In order to do that, I need somebody who can extend plays with his legs. Not be a runner, but extend plays with his legs.’”

Last year's No. 1 rated Georgia high school QB, Deshawn Watson signed with Clemson. "Watson was a great high school player, but in some ways not just me but many area coaches who were lucky enough to watch them both play many times think Lorenzo is even better," said Kennesaw's Harrison Hoya head coach, Matt Dickmann. "Lorenzo didn't quite have the passing numbers in high school that Watson did, but he wasn't always throwing it to a couple of 6'4" wide receivers either," continued Dickmann. "Running the football Lorenzo is just as good if not better than Deshawn. He's definitely faster that Watson, and Watson can run. When comparing every 2015 Top 20 dual-threat quarterback nationally Lorenzo is the fastest in the group. I think Lorenzo will have a tremendous impact on South Carolina's team almost immediately. He is very happy to be a Gamecock."

The 6-foot-2, 190-pound Nunez is rated as a very high 4-star prospect, the No. 1 quarterback in Georgia, the No. 8 dual-threat quarterback in the nation, and the state’s No. 19 overall prospect. He had very little communication with UGA or Georgia Tech. Ohio State, Tennessee, Alabama, Miami and Clemson were among approximately two dozen other schools that also tried very hard to sign Nunez, who in the final analysis selected South Carolina over NC State. "In the end it came down to Coach Spurrier and the SEC," said Del Nunez.
That's a 'nice' story but it's miles from the Watson-hype. Guess we'll see soon enough. I've heard 'rumors' Dabo likes to PROMISE 'first carries, first pass, a start, whatever' to recruits against teams from their home state. Who thinks the HBC promised Nunez a 'start' against Georgia? I don't. He WILL get a chance to 'compete', though, and I'll BET he turns out to be a VERY GOOD one.

Nice job Suites! I have never seen that article. It's amazing the difference in hype. The crazy thing is, imagine him and Mclwain on the same team competing for playing time.

I agree that Watson has a little too much hype in relation to his production... But I don't know if comparing Nunez to him is accurate either. Nobody has seen if Nunez can even throw the ball yet! The kid barely DID in HS... Let's not try to counter hype with making up our own hype... Let Watson go ahead and believe he is unstoppable. I doubt Nunez will play a bunch for us this year anyway. We did not leave ourselves in a situation where true freshmen QBs HAVE to play, and play through CAREER THREATENING INJURIES to bolster their coach's bruised ego... That just isn't where our QB depth is at right now. We have three guys ahead of him that have been in the program 2-3+ years each! two of which were just as highly touted- if not more so- than Nunez... In fact Mitch was number two in passing yards in NC HS football history after his senior year I believe... So, much MORE highly touted than Nunez, AND he has like 3 years under his belt in the program... I just don 't think we are going to need to burn a RS for Nunez.

Reactions: uscdoc
suites you got a link to the article you posted?

I have a link to Jangy Lee Graves ... here it is (and typical from what I read after just a few clicks) - written in response to a Gamecock's musing 'bout the future health of a certain tiger QB on OUR board :

" ... Y'all don't have 1/4 of the defensive talent that Tajh had to face in his three games, and Watson is head and shoulders better than Boyd. If Clemson loses to SC again while Watson is here I'll eat my hat. Two programs going in opposite directions.

Jangy Lee Graves 3, May 11, 2015

I said the story was from the AJC, dorkbreath ... what do you need? Instructions on how to spell BING or YAHOO? Enter the kid's name and hundreds of details offering snippets of stories, full feature stories, headlines, quotes, projections, stats, work-ups, scouting reports, pictures, box scores, biographical information, recruiting stuff and current events involving Nunez's progress show up from dozens and dozens of 'sources'. LOTS of it stays posted forever ... depending on the source's propensity to employ cloud-technology or in-house servers. Blogs and websites have all kinds of stuff on 'em too - as do social media, public media, private schools, public schools, colleges and universities. It's a 'wired' world!

If all the dumb tigers who come on this board had a bisacodyl tablet (Feen-A-Mint) for every god-given Chicklet in your mouth that you've turned into an ugly brown stump 'fore the age of fifty you'd ALL smile more often and not be so full of $%&^.

If this was a battle of wits you'd be unprepared and I ain't 'yo 'administrative assistant' Jangy ... which by the way, is what kind of name? In Hindi it's written का हिंदी में मतलब ... in slang it's usable for any other word; noun, verb, whatever ... it doesn't mean ANYTHING.

What a typical 'tiger' putz.

Here's a hint dummy ... fourth row up, seventh key from your left pinky, which is no doubt sporting the remnants of tonight's dessert it's an even bet was mined from your bulbous, pock-marked snoz is the letter "Y".

YOU take it from there.

Reactions: coloradogamecock#
Spurrier doesn't make comments like that cheerleading Dabo. Somebody asked Dabo to rate Watson last week on a scale from 1 to 10 with 10 being the highest. Dabo said "12".

When Deshawn Watson signed with the tigers last year you would have thought the world stopped spinning. Clemson-leaning newspapers, tiger fans and Dabo wouldn't shut up. The guy's very good but has shown he's potentially frail; whatever - a LOT of that story has yet to play out.

A year later we signed 2015's #1 QB from the state of GA and not much hype followed. Today's GC 'headline' says Nunez probably 'won't redshirt'.

'Sneaky' press of things to come in 'special situations'? Perhaps.

This story did run last summer in the AJC after we inked him ...

The State of Georgia's No. 1 QB Signs With South Carolina

Another Georgia quarterback will get to play for Steve Spurrier.

Lorenzo Nunez, the state’s No. 1-ranked prospect at quarterback, committed to South Carolina over N.C. State after his football practice on Thursday at Harrison High School.

“He picked South Carolina because of several reasons,” said his father, Del Nunez. “He’ll get a coach (Spurrier) that is well-versed in getting quarterbacks to the next level, and teaching quarterbacks to play the position. The relationships we have with Coach Spurrier and (QB coach G.A. Mangus) are tremendous. South Carolina is located close to home, it’s an SEC program, and it has good academics. Those were the factors, I would say.”

Steve Spurrier landed another Georgia QB

Former Flowery Branch High School standout Connor Shaw just wrapped up his career at South Carolina, starting for three seasons and finishing as the winningest quarterback in school history.

“Coach Spurrier is evolving with the game,” Nunez said. “In the past, he’s always had a dropback passer. Connor Shaw was kind of his first true dual-threat guy. Now with guys that can run 4.4s and 4.5s at linebacker, you need a guy who can be mobile in the pocket. I can do that."

“I think (Spurrier’s) exact words were ‘I’m evolving with the game. In order to do that, I need somebody who can extend plays with his legs. Not be a runner, but extend plays with his legs.’”

Last year's No. 1 rated Georgia high school QB, Deshawn Watson signed with Clemson. "Watson was a great high school player, but in some ways not just me but many area coaches who were lucky enough to watch them both play many times think Lorenzo is even better," said Kennesaw's Harrison Hoya head coach, Matt Dickmann. "Lorenzo didn't quite have the passing numbers in high school that Watson did, but he wasn't always throwing it to a couple of 6'4" wide receivers either," continued Dickmann. "Running the football Lorenzo is just as good if not better than Deshawn. He's definitely faster that Watson, and Watson can run. When comparing every 2015 Top 20 dual-threat quarterback nationally Lorenzo is the fastest in the group. I think Lorenzo will have a tremendous impact on South Carolina's team almost immediately. He is very happy to be a Gamecock."

The 6-foot-2, 190-pound Nunez is rated as a very high 4-star prospect, the No. 1 quarterback in Georgia, the No. 8 dual-threat quarterback in the nation, and the state’s No. 19 overall prospect. He had very little communication with UGA or Georgia Tech. Ohio State, Tennessee, Alabama, Miami and Clemson were among approximately two dozen other schools that also tried very hard to sign Nunez, who in the final analysis selected South Carolina over NC State. "In the end it came down to Coach Spurrier and the SEC," said Del Nunez.
That's a 'nice' story but it's miles from the Watson-hype. Guess we'll see soon enough. I've heard 'rumors' Dabo likes to PROMISE 'first carries, first pass, a start, whatever' to recruits against teams from their home state. Who thinks the HBC promised Nunez a 'start' against Georgia? I don't. He WILL get a chance to 'compete', though, and I'll BET he turns out to be a VERY GOOD one.

Can he beat the Tigers on one leg?

It's unthinkable (only of you don't think it) that Clemson would hype a QB...unthinkable!

Tajh Boyd For Heisman 2013
April 14, 2013 ·

Back again! been a while huh? Anyway, Tajh didn't take place in today's spring game, they needed to get the younger players in and so Tajh sat out but was still present! The Tigers looked great overall today! Our younger and back up players showed that they've got some major talent in the years to come. And our defense looks like it has improved a TON. This is going to be an awesome season for us. The Road To New York for Tajh, and The Road To The National Championship for Clemson. GO TIGERS!

That's why I love sports and hate politics. Once you get on the field, the hype doesn't matter. Talk doesn't matter. UNLESS... you let it go to your head. No one is talking about how amazingly young this Clemson team is. Talented yes, but not in any way experienced. I suspect Wofford will give them all they can handle on opening day. And for having only played five games and for having been hurt THREE TIMES... yes it is crazy how much hype Watson gets. I just hope he's healthy come November because I suspect our defense would like to see him play.

Is there any comparison between Watson's and Nunez's high school stats?

That would be an interesting comparison. Here you go.

Career
Completions 939 vs 163
Attempts 1458 vs 350
%Completion 64.4 vs 46.6
Passing TDs 155 vs 13
INTs 29 vs 14
Passing Yards 13077 vs 2072

Rushing YDs 4057 vs 1504
TDs 59 vs 3

Senior Year
Completions 273 vs 68
Attempts 412 vs 142
%Completion 66.3 vs 47.9
Passing TDs 47 vs 2
INTs 8 vs 5
Passing Yards 3775 vs 803

Rushing YDs 1057 vs 1193
TDs 14 vs 0?

Nunez had better passing stats as a Soph. Watson had better stats as a junior.

McIlwain is your future QB and a very good one.

Last edited:
Before this season is over, Clemson may turn out to be the biggest farce in football in a long time and ring in the coming end of Dabo as head coach which us Gamecocks would hate to happen.

It's impossible to believe Dabo would hype a QB. Impossible!
  • Mark Schlabach, ESPN Senior Writer
New Clemson football coach Dabo Swinney says there are only 10 NFL quarterbacks who throw the football as well as Tigers freshman Kyle Parker.

While that comparison might sound like hyperbole from a young coach, it might be hard for Clemson fans to doubt Parker's athletic abilities if they witnessed his one-day performance earlier this spring.

Reactions: Tidal Creek Cock
Suites I do have a link to that article. You made up all the quotes about Watson.

http://recruiting.blog.ajc.com/2014/05/08/georgias-no-1-qb-to-play-for-steve-spurrier/

HA!!! Keep digging dork... you ain't found crap 'cept the writer. The AJC's recruiting-writer Carvell has a blog, a website, he's quoted on linkeden, facebook, twitter, in many, Many, MANY other newspapers, on 'bout all the college team sites, and from time-to-time - even TIGERNET! His quotes, stories, summaries and assessments are picked up by lots of sports sites, 247sports @ cbs, rivals, espn - where stories get 'edited' by EDITORS all the time to a) include the stuff that's interesting to them, and/or b) to fit the space available for publication.

Much like The State has stories that 'originate' in Columbia, which are republished (often with editing to suit the local reader market) in the Florence Morning News or the Myrtle Beach Sun-News or the Charlotte Observer 'cause they're all owned by the same company - and much the same way stories that 'originate' in the Boston Globe or the Chicago Sun-Times or the NY Times or the Washington Post or the Dallas Morning News or the LA Times are members of this or that 'news service' - stories/all kinds of 'content' gets passed around and edited ad nauseum to fit the space and tell the tale, and much like writers/reporters delay-publish to their own/selected sites as 'freelancers' after turning in their original material to their 'source' of payment for proprietary content ... there are MANY versions of many stories on many sites in many formats every hour of every day 24/7.

It was an (edited) AJC story published in the State that led to the HBC's presser last week. Are you dense?

EXAMPLE: About two thousand years ago, long before "Pitchfork" Ben Tillman was planning his cow college for white-boy farmers there was discussion out the ying-yang 'bout what might be done in the future when that unholy place (Clemson) was finally put into practice. Yards and YARDS of papyrus scrolls and thousands of feet of linen were offer with suggestions 'bout what to do 'bout Clemson ... that den of "inequity" (it's a play on words, jada-jing) proffered by thousands of wannabe 'writers' anxious to be included in the 'big book'.

However, the 'EDITOR' charged with making the final decision ignored those thousands of submitted words and cut to the chase, ultimately recording for posterity the shortest entry in the King James Bible concerning WHAT, oh what 'ought be done 'bout the coming establishment of Clemson University, and so recorded ... John 11:35 "Jesus wept."

You're a sorry 'sluth' but you sho' nuff continue to prove yourself a lilly-white farmer's boy. Now go show off that posi-traction and spin a doughnut at the dime store parking lot in Easley. vroom-vroom!

("Y" is the seventh key from 'yo left pinky four rows up.)

Not a fair comparison. Even the most die-hard Gamecock fan will admit Watson is VERY good. Nunez didnt play in a pass happy offense so it remains to be seen what he can do. Watson has proven is a very good so comparison at this point not even worth doing.

I KNOW DeShawn "Watson" is an AWESOME football player, I've seen him play. But I wouldn't anoint him as America's 'finest' just yet - just 'cause he had 6 TD passes v. Duke in one game.

So what? The Gamecock's skinny 'ol PAT "Watson" had 4 'picks' in one game against Duke - and he didn't turn out to be an NFL DB terror like "Night Train" Lane or some such from the same era ... he's Executive Director of the SC Automobile Dealer's Association - and you can bet your booty 'ol Pat's made a better living than DB's coming out of college headed for the NFL from the 1960's!!!

I haven't seen Nunez play ... all I KNOW is that people who have seen him play think he's special.

You are CORRECT surfside ... WAY too 'early' to 'compare' ... though my 'original' point wasn't a skills comparison, anyway ... it was a 'HYPE' comparison.

Both #1, both from the state of Georgia (just 1-year apart), both highly-ranked nationally, Watson touted like the second coming, Nunez - not so much.

"Different strokes for different folks."

Reactions: SwampFox99
Not a fair comparison. Even the most die-hard Gamecock fan will admit Watson is VERY good. Nunez didnt play in a pass happy offense so it remains to be seen what he can do. Watson has proven is a very good so comparison at this point not even worth doing.

That was exactly my point. It's all talk. They will both throw the football... we'll find out.

Do they not have Google in Pickens county? Seriously, cut and paste and presto!

My Google skills may be lacking. When I cut and pasted the quotes Suites attributed to the coach, his post was the only result. Can you link it for those of us that are search-impaired?

I am surprised they did not get more play, at least on the forums.

TIA

Reactions: mplang
You would think a respected paper like the AJC would at least spell the "hyped" players name right considering how much they covered him.

It's DESHAUN

Hmmm.......

Reactions: ComeOnYouSpurs
You would think a respected paper like the AJC would at least spell the "hyped" players name right considering how much they covered him.

It's DESHAUN

Hmmm.......

Who knows? Attribute it to the Georgia public schools, editing or perhaps the reporter/editor attended Clemson. In response to your assertion of respectability the AJC hasn't been a 'respected' sports newspaper since well before Furman Bisher died, and that old #art - although often mesmerizing, was a racist product of his times growing up in North Carolina before working at the Charlotte Observer then at the AJC for years. Bisher never gave Atlanta Brave Hank Aaron his due (I'm not writing about n%^%$s) and also hated Spurrier, whom he refused to call by name - instead employing the moniker 'evil genius' because SOS flat OWNED the Georgia Bulldogs. Why am I not surprised you consider the AJC a 'respected' publication? They diss the 'Cocks all the time.

It's Tony the Tiger 'Great!' that so many seemingly lost clemson tigers want to visit this site, having 'visited' Clemson, SC I certainly understand why. And I can understand the publishers mistake. It's not a generally 'common' name, something akin to Cheryl/Sheryl or perhaps Rachel/Rachael, Tom/Thom or Zack/Zach. Unlike tiger fans, who seem to think Deshaun Watson is a 'household' name - currently Watson's only 'famous' in a small, relatively inconsequential strip of land from the southernmost backwoods of the South Carolina foothills down to a man-made lake north of Atlanta. That ain't a 'whole lot' of property. RB Johnston & Sons probably owns most combined acreage in NC's Iredell, Wilkes, Watauga and Caldwell Counties.

Maybe one day Dabo WILL stand up and 'challenge' fans to 'remember and never forget' what we're about to see while referring to Watson (much as he did when referencing the Clemson defense prior to taking the field against West Virginia) - no doubt the entire sports world remembers THAT challenge. I guess we'll see. But THAT WOULD most certainly make the kid a 'household name'.

Hummm ... I suppose until then he'll remain better known by the initials 'DL' ... as in 'disabled list'.

@SportsSuites1
You made this part up:
......"Watson was a great high school player, but in some ways not just me but many area coaches who were lucky enough to watch them both play many times think Lorenzo is even better," said Kennesaw's Harrison Hoya head coach, Matt Dickmann. "Lorenzo didn't quite have the passing numbers in high school that Watson did, but he wasn't always throwing it to a couple of 6'4" wide receivers either," continued Dickmann. "Running the football Lorenzo is just as good if not better than Deshawn.........

You keep deflecting when politely asked to supply a link to your "quote" above. You provided some rediculous reason claiming it was an edited article since we can't find the quote when we search for it. We are suppose to believe that the same media that LOVES to create drama would omit the most tasty gem in the whole article? After the bogus excuse you gave us, you then moved to the character assassasion of the people who respectfully requested a link to the above mentioned "quote." The biggest thing here is the simple fact that in order to post that article on here, you would have to visit the site to copy and paste it; consequently, you would know where to go to find the above "quote."

It would have taken you a 1/10th of the time to just post the link to the quote instead of deflecting over and over and over again.

Man up and admit you made it up or post a link to prove you didn't.

Last edited:
I KNOW DeShawn "Watson" is an AWESOME football player, I've seen him play. But I wouldn't anoint him as America's 'finest' just yet - just 'cause he had 6 TD passes v. Duke in one game.

So what? The Gamecock's skinny 'ol PAT "Watson" had 4 'picks' in one game against Duke - and he didn't turn out to be an NFL DB terror like "Night Train" Lane or some such from the same era ... he's Executive Director of the SC Automobile Dealer's Association - and you can bet your booty 'ol Pat's made a better living than DB's coming out of college headed for the NFL from the 1960's!!!

I haven't seen Nunez play ... all I KNOW is that people who have seen him play think he's special.

You are CORRECT surfside ... WAY too 'early' to 'compare' ... though my 'original' point wasn't a skills comparison, anyway ... it was a 'HYPE' comparison.

Both #1, both from the state of Georgia (just 1-year apart), both highly-ranked nationally, Watson touted like the second coming, Nunez - not so much.

"Different strokes for different folks."

While I'm assuming you are correct in that Nunez was the top QB in the state of Georgia, Deshaun Watson was also the number 1 rated dual threat QB in country in 2014. According to espn Watson was graded out at 88 and Nunez at 79. Watson was a 4 star and Nunez a 3 star. Watson was the 16 best player in the country regardless of position and Nunez wasn't in the top 300. Watson was the #3 player in Georgia while Nunez was the #53 rated player from the state of Georgia. Nunez my very well be a great player but there was a reason why Watson came with a little more hype.

Yep, he's being "rediculous."

And just curious, which future Heisman trophy winner is dabo recruiting in this class?

Ahhh, these bumbling tigers ... frank with assertions but disingenuous with their identities; so desperate to 'correspond' they manufacture new memberships with < one hand of posts to 'demand' others 'man up'.

HA!!!

Given the near metaphysical nature of your existence not sure that you even exist I would refer you to Aristotle's 'Metaphysics' retort when confronted by others seemingly as confused and frustrated as you, to wit:

"To say that either that which is is not - or that which is not is, is a falsehood; and to say that that which is, is and that which is not is not, is true."

There is a 'correspondence theory of truth', and I suggest you return to 'tigerland' to correspond with your 'other hand' - or use both hands, or take turns, or use each other's hands and do what tigers do, 'specially those of you, who, lacking likes to correspond with reach out to others, ANY others in desperate hope of having your voices heard.

Well, I don't hear you!

Are you STILL here?
Well, BYE! ... and with those hands, especially where they've been, please don't touch anything on your way out.

Ahhh, these bumbling tigers ... frank with assertions but disingenuous with their identities; so desperate to 'correspond' they manufacture new memberships with < one hand of posts to 'demand' others 'man up'.

HA!!!

Given the near metaphysical nature of your existence not sure that you even exist I would refer you to Aristotle's 'Metaphysics' retort when confronted by others seemingly as confused and frustrated as you, to wit:

"To say that either that which is is not - or that which is not is, is a falsehood; and to say that that which is, is and that which is not is not, is true."

There is a 'correspondence theory of truth', and I suggest you return to 'tigerland' to correspond with your 'other hand' - or use both hands, or take turns, or use each other's hands and do what tigers do, 'specially those of you, who, lacking likes to correspond with reach out to others, ANY others in desperate hope of having your voices heard.

Well, I don't hear you!

Are you STILL here?
Well, BYE! ... and with those hands, especially where they've been, please don't touch anything on your way out.

I guess this is closest we will get to you admitting you made up that part of the article up. You could have posted a link to the original 2000 times by now and yet, here we are, with more deflection and character assassination all over again.

It doesn't matter if I'm Spurrier or the pope himself..... your not man enough to admit the truth..... which has become quite apparent to the Taters and Gamecocks by now. That truth is more lucid now than any of your hap hazard attempts of covering up your lies. That truth is plain as day, you're full of shit.

Pull yourself off the floor, man up, admit you lied, and move on.

Reactions: TygerDude
I guess this is closest we will get to you admitting you made up that part of the article up. You could have posted a link to the original 2000 times by now and yet, here we are, with more deflection and character assassination all over again.

It doesn't matter if I'm Spurrier or the pope himself..... your not man enough to admit the truth..... which has become quite apparent to the Taters and Gamecocks by now. That truth is more lucid now than any of your hap hazard attempts of covering up your lies. That truth is plain as day, you're full of shit.

Pull yourself off the floor, man up, admit you lied, and move on.

Good luck with that. You can ask Gamecock and Tiger fans on here and most will tell you the same thing. SportsSuites is the biggest troll this board. He/She trolls both fanbases and sometimes he/she will even troll his/her own post and not even realize it. Its entertaining sometimes and painful to watch at other times.

Good luck with that. You can ask Gamecock and Tiger fans on here and most will tell you the same thing. SportsSuites is the biggest troll this board. He/She trolls both fanbases and sometimes he/she will even troll his/her own post and not even realize it. Its entertaining sometimes and painful to watch at other times.

You tigers keep circling the wagons and saying 'nasty' things that you can't back up. When 'legaltiger' joins your chorus I'll be happy to respond.

I was 'almost' certain someone's lack of skill and knowledge would get 'em in trouble when the tiger-questions started, I just didn't know 'who' it would be or the form it would take. Ignorant, inept zealots.

Welcome back. It was kinda quiet with you not around for a while. I look forward to not opening many of the pointless threads you are sure to start in the next few weeks.

Now lets see, there was Kyle Parker who according to Taterdom was better than most NFL quaterbacks but got no respect from Carolina, then there was Taij Boyd, sure fire Heisman winner and greatest QB in ACC history, but got no respect from Carolina then there was Smokin Sammy Watkins, another sure fire Heisman winner but got no respect from Carolina and lets not forget CJ Spiller who is revered in Tillmanville as much as Howard's Rock but he didn't get much respect from Carolina either. Now comes Mr.

SORRY, MY RESPONSE SCREWED UP. Now comes Mr. Watson, same hype and BS. Says we can't beat him, kid just signed his death warrant. Clemson is the biggest boasters in college football and never backs up their bullsh*t. No need for us to mention our freshman QB because they say Watson is light years better. All this is why whatever they say it has no credibility.

Let me summarize this thread:

SS types a rambling diatribe because he is upset Nunez isn't as good as Watson, anybody who knows football can see that therefore there isn't as much hype. Nunez was no. 1 in Georgia, Watson the ENTIRE COUNTRY.

So he digs up an obscure article, inserts his own lies, gets busted and too afraid to post a link. I wondered why he went off the deep end and typed 20 minutes when JP asked for it.

Do you Gamecocks on here believe any differently? No one is saying Nunez might not be a great player for you guys but this is like us getting upset because Bowers wasn't hyped as much as Clowney even though they were both no. 1. It was clear Clowney was the greater talent.

Reactions: jonalexand1
Let me understand. Cam Newton was not good enough for Carolina to recruit, but Nunez will see action as a quarterback. Makes sense to me!

Reactions: LegalTiger
WOW! This has probably digressed into truly boring stuff for most posters, tigers - but I'm 'ALL-IN" if you'll have me!

Keep 'em coming 'orange-addict'! Gotcha! Obscure? Apparently, 'cause you haven't 'found' it yet! Another 'mini'-posting tiger opining on a foreign site behind a fake ID with no name, no posts ('scuse me, 12 in six years) and plenty of attitude.

Here's what I know about you boys calling me a liar on my home turf. "Truth's an absolute defense" against defamation - SO, if you're right you zealots have absolutely nothing to worry about.

You didn't post as 'opinion' you made statements as fact (to which I take exception and claim irrefutable harm), so let's find out if you really want to learn the facts..

Post your real name(s) and addresses and I'll DELIVER my source(s) to you ... there are actually several locations the story-version I repeated was published earlier, submitted (by others) months before your comments were made about me 'making stuff up' and calling me a liar.

The source of my material wasn't what your co-defendant posted, and after his initial 'request' for a link (and my quick investigation to ascertain who he is) I thought what's happened MIGHT happen 'cause you amateurs are just that - you don't play in your own sandbox and you can't find your way around to navigate the huge cache of websites, databases, sports blogs and media sources floating around out there everywhere. Snag the 'Criminal Minds' FBI keyboard-quality operators you ain't. You have done nothing but complain and call names. Words DO mean something - and those silly monikers won't shield you from subpoenas once you 'man up' and tell me where to serve 'em.

It'll take more trouble and a little longer requesting the Court to compel Rivals to provide your identities if we go that route, but it's gettable. Truth IS an absolute defense. So if I'm a liar and I made up what I posted then post your (verifiable) names, e-mails, normal place of abode or place of employment.

Do it, I'll prove you wrong and we'll go from there. A slovenly 'you got a link?' request is something I rarely respond to and have NEVER responded to from someone I don't know. Go ahead, post your name, e-mail address and usual place of abode or employment and REALLY make me look bad if you believe you 'know the truth' and then we'll get to know one another.

If you intend to call me a liar 'man up' to the accusation ... boys.

WOW! This has probably digressed into truly boring stuff for most posters, tigers - but I'm 'ALL-IN" if you'll have me!

Keep 'em coming 'orange-addict'! Gotcha! Obscure? Apparently, 'cause you haven't 'found' it yet! Another 'mini'-posting tiger opining on a foreign site behind a fake ID with no name, no posts ('scuse me, 12 in six years) and plenty of attitude.

Here's what I know about you boys calling me a liar on my home turf. "Truth's an absolute defense" against defamation - SO, if you're right you zealots have absolutely nothing to worry about.

You didn't post as 'opinion' you made statements as fact (to which I take exception and claim irrefutable harm), so let's find out if you really want to learn the facts..

Post your real name(s) and addresses and I'll DELIVER my source(s) to you ... there are actually several locations the story-version I repeated was published earlier, submitted (by others) months before your comments were made about me 'making stuff up' and calling me a liar.

The source of my material wasn't what your co-defendant posted, and after his initial 'request' for a link (and my quick investigation to ascertain who he is) I thought what's happened MIGHT happen 'cause you amateurs are just that - you don't play in your own sandbox and you can't find your way around to navigate the huge cache of websites, databases, sports blogs and media sources floating around out there everywhere. Snag the 'Criminal Minds' FBI keyboard-quality operators you ain't. You have done nothing but complain and call names. Words DO mean something - and those silly monikers won't shield you from subpoenas once you 'man up' and tell me where to serve 'em.

It'll take more trouble and a little longer requesting the Court to compel Rivals to provide your identities if we go that route, but it's gettable. Truth IS an absolute defense. So if I'm a liar and I made up what I posted then post your (verifiable) names, e-mails, normal place of abode or place of employment.

Do it, I'll prove you wrong and we'll go from there. A slovenly 'you got a link?' request is something I rarely respond to and have NEVER responded to from someone I don't know. Go ahead, post your name, e-mail address and usual place of abode or employment and REALLY make me look bad if you believe you 'know the truth' and then we'll get to know one another.

If you intend to call me a liar 'man up' to the accusation ... boys.

You could probably convince MANAFOLD that the quote is actually real but everyone else has passed you off as being full of sh*t.

Thanks for the free laughs, ma'am.

First off SS, you are the strangest dude I've run across on the internet and that is saying a lot. I can't believe that there is so much blind homerism on this board that even Gamecock fans aren't saying you are off your meds. Some of my best friends are USC alumni and they would say you are bat shit crazy.

Post the link and I will personally apologize and say you are awesome. You can't. It certainly appears you inserted false quotes. Why? Because you are a complete nut case that takes all this too seriously.

Now, I will be up all night in fear of your subpoena to Rivals and the impending defamation of character suit. Thanks.

Some of the best posters in the world are Gamecock fans on the Mainboard. I can't believe no one on here is calling this potato out. Do you guys have no pride?

SS, for future reference please address posts to me in Hindi. That way it will at least looked as goobered up as it reads.

Reactions: TygerDude
Oh yeah I didn't post my name and address. Not because I'm scared of your legions of lawyers but just because you are so got damn strange you'd probably come mess with my dog or something. For whatever reason I picture you as this really fat guy with thick glasses in your moms basement. Pretty close, huh?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT